Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

We loved MNSSHP and would recommend it for anyone! We saw some people dressed up as Fast passes! They were so , so cool. It looked like they took an actual fast past and blew it up huge and had it laminated. They then wore the front of the pass on the front of them and the back of the pass on the back of them. Great costume whoever you were.

Have fun for all of you going to MNSSHP!:jester:

DH decided tonight that we should go as Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable.

Where am I going to get stuff for that?! Any suggestions?

We experienced MNSSHP on Oct 12th '04 (last week) and had a good time.

Yes, the treat lines were orderly. We don't have any children and so we passed by the first few treat lines we came upon and found that the treat lines were less crowded the further we ventured into the park. They were giving treats to adults too, and were were able to walk right up to many of the treat bins without any wait. These were further into the park.

I know there is a post on here somewhere about an appropriate dress code for the party.
I highly recommend dressing up as it adds more fun to the experience.
However, I spotted several persons in costumes which I would consider inappropriate. For example, I thought that you couldn't wear masks and there were several with very scary ghoulish masks on. Not sure if they got 'busted' or not.
Also saw a couple dressed in full Jack Skellington and Sally costumes, complete w/ masks. THey were just sitting on some fence railing waiting for people to notice them. I didn't think that was very cool since many could mistake them for real cast members and it could cause problems/confusion.

It started to rain during our MNSSHP which delayed and shortened the parade :( mand our overall party experience.

Make sure and get your complimentary photo made! We had no wait in this line either and we received our photos one week after the party which I was impressed with.

I'm sure the parks will be more crowded as Halloween quickly approaches. I hope everyone has a great time at the party!

Pardon my post, but I just needed to see my "ticker"!! Rough day at work..........kids sucking the life out of me!!! I want to go to WDW!!!!!!:earseek:

Originally posted by greendoor678
However, I spotted several persons in costumes which I would consider inappropriate. For example, I thought that you couldn't wear masks and there were several with very scary ghoulish masks on. Not sure if they got 'busted' or not.
Also saw a couple dressed in full Jack Skellington and Sally costumes, complete w/ masks. THey were just sitting on some fence railing waiting for people to notice them. I didn't think that was very cool since many could mistake them for real cast members and it could cause problems/confusion.

So should people not dress as Sally and Jack?

I have a quick question about costumes and the no weapons rule. One of the adult males in our party has purchased an Indiana Jones costume to wear. It comes with Indy's trademark whip. I was going to attach it to his hip, but I'm wondering if it's better for him to leave it at home?

Has anyone seen anything like that at the party?

thanks!

Originally posted by lillygator
So should people not dress as Sally and Jack?

Disney sells that costume--if they sell it, I assume it is appropriate to wear it.

I think the poster was commenting on how they were waiting around and since they were ina "Disney" costume--it was inappopriate I guess because one could assume they were CMs.

As far as the masks--perhaps people are sneaking them in? Very uncool!

Finished the main part of DD's piglet costume--just have to make her hat with Piglet Ears. YEAH!

Don't they sell the Indiana Jones whips at MGM? If they did, I don't see why you couldn't bring it in.

Originally posted by greendoor678

Out of curiousity--if you didn't talk to them--how did you know that they were waiting for people to notice them? And how would it cause problems/confusion in your eyes?

Wouldn't that mean that no adult could dress up as any character then if that were the case?

I do remember a story last year of person dressed as Jack turned away because his costume was just TOO good. Disney reserves the right to turn you away if your costume is too good and will confused guests, especially little ones.

Just an FYI...

Hubby and I went as the Mad Hatter and Alice. When we got to the gate a CM walked over and told us not to pose for pictures or sign any autographs.
Obviously nobody thought we were the real characters so it didn't matter.
We only had one little girl come up to us and tell us she had been looking for us. (Very cute!) So I had to explain we weren't the real Mad Hatter and Alice.
Then we had a family come up and ask for our photo cause they liked our costumes. But that was it. We saw lots of adults dressed up in Disney themed costumes.

Here's a pic of us. We had a blast. I was so worried about dressing up, but I'm really glad we did!

Hubby and I dressed up for MNSSHP

Originally posted by lenshanem
Hubby and I went as the Mad Hatter and Alice. When we got to the gate a CM walked over and told us not to pose for pictures or sign any autographs.
Obviously nobody thought we were the real characters so it didn't matter.
We only had one little girl come up to us and tell us she had been looking for us. (Very cute!) So I had to explain we weren't the real Mad Hatter and Alice.
Then we had a family come up and ask for our photo cause they liked our costumes. But that was it. We saw lots of adults dressed up in Disney themed costumes.

Here's a pic of us. We had a blast. I was so worried about dressing up, but I'm really glad we did!

Hubby and I dressed up for MNSSHP

think i saw you ............were you at LTT on oct 3 around 5:15 sitting on the bench????
raven

Can you guys give your opinion on my DD's costume? Do you think Disney will have a problem with her wearing it and not let her in? I'm hoping not since this is what she has her heart set on wearing and my DS is the Magic Mirror. Thanks for the opinions on this.

f8d00650.jpg

think i saw you ............were you at LTT on oct 3 around 5:15 sitting on the bench????

Yep, that would have been us raven! :teeth: We're ya'll dressed up?

momof2OH, I think that should be fine. She looks great! I saw several adults dressed up in a similar costume.

Originally posted by lenshanem
Yep, that would have been us raven! :teeth: We're ya'll dressed up?

momof2OH, I think that should be fine. She looks great! I saw several adults dressed up in a similar costume.

not really, i was chicken.............i wore a bright orange long tshirt that had the word COSTUME in black on the front of it. and, my lime green ribbon pinned over the T letter.

i went back to the podium as they overlooked my name on the and remember staring at the alice in wonderland lady sitting on a bench. your costume was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! it really caught my eye.

it started raining while i was eating but stopped by 7 that night.
did you have a grand time at mnsshp?
i bet lots of people made over your costume, it was really kewl.
raven

Originally posted by macraven
not really, i was chicken.............i wore a bright orange long tshirt that had the word COSTUME in black on the front of it. and, my lime green ribbon pinned over the T letter.

i went back to the podium as they overlooked my name on roster list and remember staring at the alice in wonderland lady sitting on a bench. your costume was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!! it really caught my eye.

it started raining while i was eating but stopped by 7 that night.
did you have a grand time at mnsshp?
i bet lots of people made over your costume, it was really kewl.
raven

with so many people in love with the all the different characters how could Disney not expect to see look a likes?

I posted a pic of my Poppins costume and a report farther down on the theme park board. It turned out awesome! Many people thought I was the real one at first glance until they realized I had a trick or treat bag! No CM said anything to me about it being too good. I was asked to pose for photos 4 times! I always made sure they knew I wasn't the real one and told them not to let a line form. hehehe.

with so many people in love with the all the different characters how could Disney not expect to see look a likes?

So true!!! This year was our 9th MNSSHP .Over the years we've seen several guest who look like they work at WDW! In fact 2 years ago my DHJoe wanted his picture with a Grumpy who was a party guest NOT a CM for Disney,unbeknowst to my Joe!! :rolleyes: LMAO!!! I saw a VERY good Sally and Jack sitting on the steps of the train station last year...they looked like they stepped out of the movie! Last year I can't count how MANY pirates I saw that looked like Capt.Jack Sparrow came off his ship!

As long as you let people know you're NOT with Disney it's okay.
frank.gif

Shelly D....I don't see a problem with this...DS Erich has been a pirate with a rubber knife,a Ninja turtle with a plastic sword and this year Le Puss and Boots from Shrek2 with a plastic foil and had no problem getting in.

lenshanem...what a cute couple y'all are! Love your costumes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter