• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party Central 2004!!!!!! =0)

We finished the evening off with "Dive in Theater" at BWV for Haunted Mansion. The kids sat in the water and watched. (I held down the bar with Rollercoaster Meltdowns!!!!!)

What was that?

We are going to go to next year's Halloween party towards the end of Oct. What I wondered was for those of you that arrived around 4:00 and got in early did you go ahead and wear your costume at that time or did you change closer to when the party started? I just wondered if we would feel out of place walking around early already in our costumes?

We were at the Oct. 28th party. We entered the park at 4 and changed into our costumes at 6. We saw very few people in costumes at 4 so we were glad we decided to change at 6. Hope you have fun next year!

We got there early for our LTT dinner in costume. It was fun walking by everyone coming out of the Kingdom in our costumes. There were many other families coming in with costumes also.
Have Fun!

mnsshp1_small.JPG

Went to the 29th party and had a great time. We all wore our costumes and DH really looked great. Everywhere we went, I heard people say, "there's Capt Jack" or "There's Jack Sparrow".

We took my Disney Bear, dressed as a Pirate, with us and even got it a wrist band. I told the person at the gate giving them out that he was our mascot.

I will post pics soon.

:(

Unfortunately we had to cut our WDW vacation short due to a death in our family but we did have fun while we were there.

On the 26th, we even got a chance to watch the second MNSSHP parade from the reserved sitting area between the castle and Liberty Square. We were in the right place at the right time. We asked a CM about sitting there. He checked his list and it was not full. We had to wait a little while but were eventually allowed to sit in that area. The area was not full at all. I think maybe only 4 family groups were there. One of the groups was the family of a CM. It is a great location.

We are planning to do the MNSSHP again next year too.

We were at the party on the 28th as well. Had tickets for the 29th but decided it would be too hard to stay up 'til midnight and then fly out the next day. DH went to the Guest Services window @ EPCOT (we were staying @ BCV) on the morning of the 28th and they just gave us a credit for the tickets we already had and put through a new charge for the ones that evening. I wish we had gone the day before as we ended up paying an extra $12 buying them the day of the event.

We were dressed as a family of sharks. Did anyone see us? We had on the Finding Nemo t-shirts that say "SEAFOOD IS LOW CARB" and found really cute shark hats at the local party store. Not the greatest costumes -- but at least we felt like we were "dressed up".

We had a great time even though it was more crowded than I thought it would be. The fireworks were awesome (I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it). Thought the parade could have been a little longer. Never did see the Headless Horseman so I don't know if we missed him or if it wasn't scheduled the night we were there. Had gobs of candy but had to throw out most of it as it all melted in the car on the way to the airport!

calypso*a*go-go - We were there on the 28th too. Glad you had fun! Don't think I saw you - your costumes sounded fun! We were struck by the crowds too. At times, we could hardly move. The headless horseman only rode prior to the second parade. I thought the parade was average at best. The fireworks were fantastic as you mentioned. We didn't get much candy. We're 2 adults and even at 11:55pm, we only got 3 candies each at most. Since we're major walkers, we managed to get a decent amount of candy, but that was only because we walked and walked. We were in costume (gypsy and pirate) and I was wearing my birthday button. Did you see any full size chocolate bars like others mentioned? I got a full pack of sweet tarts on the way out, but that was it. I'm not complaining, I was just surprised by a few things. We enjoyed the Dapper Dans on the riverboat. We had fun, but won't be doing the party again. We LOVED MVMCP however and will hopefully do it again someday.

Sounds like this party makes a huge difference when you go. We went earlier in the month and it was not crowded. We had a blast.

I will be doing a "trip report" of my experience with MNSSHP (look for "9 day trip report..day #5)..but I do agree with most of you guys...We were there on the 28th and the crowd was overwhelming. DS didn't get but a few pieces of candy. We didn't ride anything. We saw the fireworks (which were good..but no different really from wishes...not even as good really) and the parade (which I was not impressed with at all) I felt like they tried to cram too much stuff in the short time the party was going on. We didn't get a chance to just enjoy it. We will do it again the next time...but we won't worry about seeing the fireworks or the parade.

We were there on Halloween night and it surpassed all my expectations! The decorations and light effects on Main Street were outstanding. Plenty of candy - fistfuls of it were being given away toward the end of the night.

A little bit of a wait for Pirates but everything else was walk-on. Everyone looked great and everyone seemed in a great mood. I think WDW did a great job with MNSSHP. I couldn't get over how Main Street looked. I would do this again in a heartbeat! :D

I wholeheartedly agree with Gabrielle. We were also there Halloween night and it was spectacular!. Crowds were really only a little bad in Tomorrowland at the very beginning of the party but by 8pm or so we were walking right onto most rides with very little or no wait and by then most of the trick or treat lines were very short too. The only attraction with a long line was Stitch (surprise!) and even that was only 30 min. The parade and fireworks were terrific and overall we had a fabulous time!!

Originally posted by lillygator
Oh wow - we just got back and we had such a blast!! My DH and I were Jack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas and three people stopped us to take our picture!!

Hi, Lillygator!

Was that you & dh getting your pic taken at the stairs to the Railroad at the end of the night?? Awesome costumes!

Have a great night!
:)
Deb

I was there on the 29th and enjoyed the rides with no lines and the the decorations in the park and the fireworks. I did not think the parade was so great and I was disapointed in the candy. Has Disney always given out the teeny tiny bars? My son hates sour candy and three muskateers. That seemed to be all we got. I saw some m&m's but for the most part there were many many sweet tarts and 3 musk. There were even little sour balls given out. These candies are not good for little ones, as could cause choking hazard. You would think disney would give out bigger candy bars. I'm glad we did this once but don't think I will attend again.

We were there on Halloween and it was amazing! We walked onto everything, or had 10 minutes to wait at the most. The kids did the "treat fairy" path around 11:15 and were actually given full bags of candy at one of the station. We had--no lie--30 pounds of candy to bring home. We saw a cast member pick up her bucket of white chocolate crunch bars and dump it into somebody's stoller. It was insane the amount of candy they were throwing around Toon Town at the end of the night! The friends that we were with didn't do Toon Town but stayed until about 11:55 and as they walked out of the park someone gave them a full box (case) of Nerds.

My kids can't wait to go again! My 7yo son wants to go to the Christmas party because he's certain they'll hand out presents instead of candy! :tongue:

Entered the park at 6:00 pm on the 29th.

We were approached by a cast member. Our ds7 and dd11 were asked to be in the parade on the 29th. They were dressed as pirates. They were put into a wagon with 5 other kids along with Minnie, Stitch, etc. and pulled by horses. What a great experience for them!

They told them to wave by singing this song
"WASH THE WINDOWS WASH THE WINDOWS MISSED A SPOT ...MISSED A SPOT"

The parents were taken to a spot at the end of the the parade path to watch and take pictures of the parade. After they were done they gave the kids a certificate "Thanks for particiating in the Halloween Parade".

Kids got tons of candy, park seemed empty at times in some areas.

Overall great time!!!

Originally posted by Gabrielle .
A little bit of a wait for Pirates but everything else was walk-on. Everyone looked great and everyone seemed in a great mood. I think WDW did a great job with MNSSHP. I couldn't get over how Main Street looked. I would do this again in a heartbeat! :D [/B]

Just got back to UK after MNSSHP on 31 Oct. We found absolutely no queue's at all (just like last year!). We even missed the fireworks as we were riding Splash Mountain 3x in a row! We had 4 halloween bags full of candy (almost overflowing). 42 packets of Nerds believe it or not!! Would recommend halloween night without a doubt!

The kids didn't bother with trick-o-treating the whole night, but they still ended up with bags full of candy as the CMs filled up their bags as we left the park! They said that they had to get rid of it all.
We rode Splash Mountain without a wait, but Fantasy Land rides were pretty busy even during the 1st parade. We walked out of Country Bear Jamboree minutes before the Headless Horseman rode through Adventureland. That was cool! Watched parts of both parades. Disney did a great job with the decor and creating a festive atmosphere!
My kids were wiped out by 11pm as we had spent the morning at MK too. There were plenty of opportunities for pictures. We didn't take advantage of 1 free pic with every party ticket. I couldn't get my son to sit for one. I did take my 3yr old daughter for her picture right at 7pm. Glad that I did it then!. We walked passed Cinderella's Coach. That will be a must do picture opt next time we go to the party.
My husband was a 'man with a mission' as he pushed the stroller from land to land. He was funny!
Overall, we had a great trip! We really enjoyed staying at the Contemporary. There were nights when we just walked out of our rooms and watched Wishes. We usually walked the quick 6-10 minute walk to the MK. We used the monorail only to and from Epcot, or to the Ohana's and Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. Buses took us to MGM, Downtown Disney and to the Animal Kingdom Parks without long waits. I would recommend this resort to anyone!

We just returned from our trip last night!

We had a great time Halloween night. We mainly focused on trick or treating and the parade and fireworks. We only rode one or 2 rides like Buzz, Goofy's Rollercoaster, and Alladin carpets.

We got the photo done right at 7:00p in Adventureland with hardly a wait. Then we trick or treated till the first parade and watched it right by Country Bears this time. We then went to get a spot for the fireworks. After the fireworks we trick or treated some more in Tomorrowland and Toontown. Toontown was great for characters and trick or treating...that path from Toontown and Tomorrowland was great!

We loved the parade yet again and it seemed just as long and great as last year. I don't know why people don't like it.

Hope to do it again some day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter