March 8, 2015 - Magic - Western Caribbean (Jamaica)

We were planning on going to Jamaica for spring break but I was worried we wouldn't get our passports in time. A friend of mine is going on a Disney Cruise in February and she told me (on Friday!) that no passport was required for cruising. I checked into it Friday night and we booked it Saturday! We still have a few details to work out to say the least... :)

If you don't have passports, make sure you have your birth certificates with you then.

When we fly, we always just rent a car/van. There are usually some great discount codes out there that. We do 2 one way rentals to avoid having to pay for parking. Budget has an office at the Doubletree at DTD and that is a great location to rent from if you're going to be at the parks.

We do the same thing, one important tip, drop everyone and the luggage at the Cruise terminal first. When it get's busy Budget will limit the shuttle to drivers only! It's just much easier anyway.
On the way back they do the same

When we fly, we always just rent a car/van. There are usually some great discount codes out there that. We do 2 one way rentals to avoid having to pay for parking. Budget has an office at the Doubletree at DTD and that is a great location to rent from if you're going to be at the parks.

Is there a car drop off place at port? That might be the way to go.

We do the same thing, one important tip, drop everyone and the luggage at the Cruise terminal first. When it get's busy Budget will limit the shuttle to drivers only! It's just much easier anyway.

Yes, definitely! Great tip I left out :thumbsup2

That makes total sense! I think I found my vacation mission for the day. I'll worry about flights later - right? :)

Is there a car drop off place at port? That might be the way to go.

No, the best thing to do is to have the driver drop everyone else and luggage off at the port. Make sure the driver keeps his/her ID as that will be needed to go through security when he/she returns. Driver takes car back to car rental place and then a shuttle will return the driver :-)

That makes total sense! I think I found my vacation mission for the day. I'll worry about flights later - right? :)

And you are at 10!!!! Send me a PM and I'll get you listed!

But don't wait too long on flights. March flights get expensive because of Spring Break.

Thefivepabs...

Please check your PMs for info regarding Fish Extender :thumbsup2

THANK YOU!!!!

Just an FYI...
Fish Extender List is closed

For those that signed up, I am beginning to sort and the list will emailed out by Wednesday

Fish Extender Participants...

Please check your email for the Final list :-)

Hello everyone!! We will be sailing this same cruise 03/08 - 03/15. This will be our second time. We would like to join the FE exchange. There are 5 of us total, Brianna 14, John 12, Joshua 3 , hubby John and myself Chari. We are super excited! :wave2:pixiedust::banana:

Hello everyone!! We will be sailing this same cruise 03/08 - 03/15. This will be our second time. We would like to join the FE exchange. There are 5 of us total, Brianna 14, John 12, Joshua 3 , hubby John and myself Chari. We are super excited! :wave2:pixiedust::banana:

Hi Chari and welcome aboard! I am SO sorry but the FE sign up closed 2 days ago and lists have already been organized and sent out and all groups are full. If there is enough demand, we can form a separate group. With the great prices, there very well likely may be new cruisers interested in forming a separate group. Please keep an eye out here and I will definitely post if enough people want to form a separate group. Again, so sorry :-(

We will join a late group for FE if any more want to join. Will try to get to 10 posts to PM any other late comers.

Chari, Hopefully we can get a few more people and create another FE list. I will keep watching DisBoards to see if any one else joins.

Please let me know if there will be a late group as our family would love to join. We participated in one last year on our first DC and absolutely loved it. Please keep me updated! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter