• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

March 8, 2015 - Magic - Western Caribbean (Jamaica)

KaryCam

DIS Veteran
Welcome all those sailing on the Magic on Mar 8, 2015.
I'm looking forward to getting to know you through this Meet Thread.

Hi there! Remember me from the Fantasy in March? We won't be on your cruise, but just wanted to stop by to say hi, and sorry we are missing you guys by just a week. We are sailing the week after you. Have a great time!

Hey 3Goofy! I remember you from the Magic in March 2012. We can't seem to stay away from the Magic! We are not cruising this year, nor going to the world (sad year!) but we all are looking forward to spring break 2015!!! Enjoy your next cruise!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :beach:
Have a great cruise!

Hi there! Remember me from the Fantasy in March? We won't be on your cruise, but just wanted to stop by to say hi, and sorry we are missing you guys by just a week. We are sailing the week after you. Have a great time!

Yes, I remember you 3Goofy's! Good to hear from you. Sorry that we won't be on the same cruise again.

sauterelledesiles, welcome to our cruise thread.

Cruise is about 13 months away. Plenty of time to lose more weight.
I've lost 48 lbs since Jan 1, 2013. (lost focus for a few months after my March 2013 cruise)

Hey 3Goofy! I remember you from the Magic in March 2012. We can't seem to stay away from the Magic! We are not cruising this year, nor going to the world (sad year!) but we all are looking forward to spring break 2015!!! Enjoy your next cruise!

Yes, I remember you 3Goofy's! Good to hear from you. Sorry that we won't be on the same cruise again.

sauterelledesiles, welcome to our cruise thread.

Cruise is about 13 months away. Plenty of time to lose more weight.
I've lost 48 lbs since Jan 1, 2013. (lost focus for a few months after my March 2013 cruise)

I had to drop in and say hi to you guys also! We had such a great time meeting you both -- sauerelledesiles, I remember looking at photos of you and your beautiful family every time we went through Shutters to look for our photos. And of course, your crochet work. c'est incroyable!

We are on the cruise after you since the Ontario March Break falls one week later that year -- too bad we'll miss you!

KaryCam -- congratulations on your hard work and dedication -- how did you do it? Do tell! (I know weird to drop over from one cruise meet thread to another, LOL! You're welcome to visit ours anytime!)

KaryCam -- congratulations on your hard work and dedication -- how did you do it? Do tell! (I know weird to drop over from one cruise meet thread to another, LOL! You're welcome to visit ours anytime!)

Before our March cruise, I was in a fitness contest at the Y. It ended while we were away. Once it ended and I was back from the cruise, my eating for fun continued. I gained back over half of what I had lost. I got to my low point physically & mentally because I was put on blood pressure meds and I was tired of not being able to do as much and not wanting to be in our family pictures because of my size. So in July I joined Weight Watchers and haven't looked back. I have lost 51 lbs now. Plenty more to go but I can do it. Don't get me wrong, I still do have low days, and days where it all seems impossible to lose another 50 lbs but I didn't gain it over night and I won't lose it over night. It's a process, a commitment to a healthier lifestyle.

I went on the DCL site to look at the itinerary again and see about changing to a cruise the week before if it was cheaper as our school calendar came out and we can make either week.

When I logged into my Castaway Club account it listed it as a 2 stop at Castaway Cay!?! And then I clicked on the itinerary link and it said day one at sea day two Port Canaveral...

Then I went into the reservation section of the site and no sailings on the Magic are listed for booking from Port Canaveral or Miami.

Anyone else notice this or know more about it? I plan to call DCL tomorrow and will update here.

I just logged into DCL reservations and looked up the cruise.
It is the exact same itinerary I booked:
1. Port Canaveral
2. at sea
3. Cozumel
4. Grand Cayman
5. Falmouth, Jamaica
6. at sea
7. Castaway Cay
8. Port Canaveral

Then I went to the listing for Castaway Club and saw what you saw regarding 2 stops at CC.

Thanks for calling DCL.
Let us know.

Firefox does not show that magic at all, but safari does show it as we all booked and pp listed...

I also asked on the fb DIS page and they said someone reported a glitch similar to this a couple of weeks ago on the main DCL DISboards page.

I will let you all know what DCL says tomorrow...

Good Morning!!
Today is March 8, 2014. We have exactly 1 year until our wonderful cruise!
I am so looking forward to it!
Work was especially difficult this last week but today starts our spring break from school. :yay:

A year ago, we were on a spring break cruise on the Fantasy. Had a great time. Wonderful ship. Really enjoyed the AquaDuck, the new Animator's Palate and Midship Detective, etc, etc, but I am really looking forward to being back on the Magic, especially with all the new upgrades.

My personal update is that I lost 6 lbs last month. I just have to keep up my motivation. It's a long journey, but I have lost quite a bit in this last year.

My DS is 14. Ha! He just got up. It's spring break but his body's clock seems to be set on getting up at 7am for school. He has a big day ahead anyway - basketball play-offs for the city league teams. His team, my DH coaches, is going into it in second place.

Well, hope you all have a great day! Looking forward to meeting you in person in a year and through this message thread until then.

Since I'm basically writing to myself, LOL, I don't feel too bad writing 2 days late that we are now 11 months away from our cruise.

DS does not know about the cruise, I'll probably wait until Christmas to tell him.

On my last 2 cruises I have wanted to do the CC5K but my weight and health held me back. I am saying it now, that I WILL be doing it on this cruise. I walk a lot now, but just have to start with the jogging and build up.

Looking forward to more people joining this thread.

Me again, LOL! Dropping by from the cruise meet thread next-door!

You are my fitness inspiration. I am also committing to the CC5K, and my daughter and I are starting the Couch to 5K app. I am also a big walker, and this interval program is just what I need to get me moving faster. As warmer weather is setting in here up north, it's been easier to get out.

Me again, LOL! Dropping by from the cruise meet thread next-door!

You are my fitness inspiration. I am also committing to the CC5K, and my daughter and I are starting the Couch to 5K app. I am also a big walker, and this interval program is just what I need to get me moving faster. As warmer weather is setting in here up north, it's been easier to get out.

Thanks! I am glad you have the goal too of completing the CC5K. We can do it!

I go to my Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow morning and I'll either be down 59 or 60lbs total. (difference in my scale and the "official" scale)
By the time of the cruise I hope not to be so nervous about the food. I need to have it ingrained in my head, "small portions!" Oh, and eat some healthy choices not just everything fattening and sweet. Can you tell that I went overboard on the last cruise and why I am so nervous?

Drop on by here whenever you want, or PM me. Good to hear from you.

I just found out today that I can have the week off for this cruise. I have had the deposit for a while but until I knew I could go, didn't want to get too into it

I just found out today that I can have the week off for this cruise. I have had the deposit for a while but until I knew I could go, didn't want to get too into it

Welcome, Welcome!!
Glad you are able to make this cruise.

10 months from today we will be on our cruise. :thumbsup2

It's that time of year here that DS starts counting down how many days are left of school. In our house, I count down also since I teach.

Our summer vacation plans include going to the Smoky Mountains. We love it there and go every summer.
What are anyone else's summer plans?

Hello :wave: I just put in a request to my TA to change to this cruise! KaryCam, I knew your name looked familiar and then saw that we were on the same cruise as you Spring Break 2015!

Anyway... we were scheduled on a NCL cruise for this week. But after returning from our NCL cruise to Alaska last week, we decided we should stick with Disney if Disney is available. Not that NCL was terrible, it wasn't. But it wasn't Disney! All 4 of us agreed that the Disney Cruise experience was just so much better! Better food, better entertainment, nicer staff, and not to mention a much prettier ship :goodvibes

Both of my kids are celebrating birthdays that week. Cameron will turn 9 on March 12 and Haley 16 on March 13. She will be bringing a friend with her that has never cruised DCL before. She is in for a real treat!!!

We are interested in a FE whenever one gets started up. I'll be more than happy to lead if someone else hasn't started one. .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter