• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

March 8, 2015 - Magic - Western Caribbean (Jamaica)

I just made a Word Document with all of the decks on one sheet of paper--printed it out and highlighted the rooms that I need to deliver my FE gifts to! I tried to attach it (in case you may want to do the same) but can't attach a Word doc and the PDF is too large. I think that it works best printed in gray scale and then using a highlighter to highlight the cabins that you have. My 1st cruise, the FE organizer distributed something like this and it was soo useful to me! Some of those cabins on the Fantasy were meant to be hidden, I think! Maybe some of the inside cabins on this one will be easier to find. :-)

There are no hidden inside rooms this time. Yeah.
I have located every FE cabin on all 5 lists.

Disney pin trading - do you do it?
If you do, you will be happy because they have an activity called "Officer Pin Trading." According to my Navigators, it should be Wednesday night in between the dinner seatings.
On my last cruise, someone gave a cabin gift of 3 pins so we could start pin trading. It was fun. That was the only time we have done it and are not die hard pin traders but last night we packed our pins to trade.

I don't think that this day could drag on any slower...I'm ready for vacation and still have quite a bunch of packing to do! And getting the dog's items together for her boarding stay, etc....ugh. Come on Friday!!

Hi fellow travelers! I'm a long time Disney fan and first time cruiser with DCL... I'd love to find out about special things I might need to know before packing. I've been checking pinterest and saw something about Fish Extenders. Can some one help me with any info? Also, past cruisers do you have any advice for the best way to make sure my 7 year old has a fabulous time? Thanks in advance for the help!

Fish Extender Participants.... Final lists with room assignments have been sent. If you didn't get it, please let me know! Also, don't forget the Meet & Greet on board.
When: First Day at 3:15pm
Location: Promenade Lounge. It is on Deck 3, the same deck that you enter the ship on and it is half-way down the long hall behind Lumiere's.
Karynne will also have the FE list in case any cabin changes have been made.
Then she will post a list outside her door for everyone to check prior to delivering gifts.

And the Meet and Greet is for all, FE participants or not!
Is it too late for my family to participate with the FE? We just found out about it and think our 7 year old daughter would love to swap! LMK if it is too late. Thanks!

Yes, too late to join the FE. Sorry.
Please join us at the Meet and Greet though.

Time is standing STILL! Of course, once the cruise comes,....time will FLY! Right??
I have my FE Donald List all printed out! Thanks again, Carmen!! You are simply the best!!!

I know this sounds crazy, but I looked up all the staterooms from this list so I can better coordinate how close each room is near the "forward, midship and aft" elevators; port or starboard. This way I'm not running up and down the corridors all lost and sweaty LOL! That would be me!!! Ha! Especially for being our first time on the Magic!

(BBCakes) #7129

NP Wanda :-)

NOT crazy at all about the notes!!! On my cruise this past fall, I had an excel spreadsheet with them listed in delivery order with little notes with not only "forward, midship, aft, port or starboad" but also, phrases like "cut through midship and then a few doors forward". I didn't want to have to look at the little signs to see if I needed to go right or left, lol. I had 35 cabins on the Fantasy and broke it up into 3 runs (but back to back to back just couldn't carry it all) and had it done in about half an hour :-)

Hi fellow travelers! I'm a long time Disney fan and first time cruiser with DCL... I'd love to find out about special things I might need to know before packing. I've been checking pinterest and saw something about Fish Extenders. Can some one help me with any info? Also, past cruisers do you have any advice for the best way to make sure my 7 year old has a fabulous time? Thanks in advance for the help!

Yes, Karynne is correct, the FE list is closed out :-(

As far making it a fabulous trip... my #1 advice is don't try to do it all because you can't. THere is just too much going on so choose what you want to do the most. You'll simply be too stressed or disappointed trying to fit EVERYTHING in. Trust me, I know from personal experience ;) Use the navigator (daily schedule you get the night before) to plan out the next day but go with the flow, make changes as the day goes on if you need to.

Wish I had known about it sooner, but that just means I'll have to plan for the next cruise : ) Can't wait to see what Disney has in store! Thanks for the info. I already downloaded the app on my phone and I initiated the countdown! One more question... on the "Pirate Night" is it expected that people would dress up for dinner or is it for after dinner? Not sure if I should pack something else for my daughter to wear on that night instead of her pirate costume. Thanks for the help! 3 Days to Go!!!

Do don't have to dress up if you don't want to but people do it for and after dinner.

Anyone have any ideas how to DIY fish extender door hangers?? We are last minute cruise bookers and only have a few weeks, afraid etsy won't deliver in time. Any suggestions are appreciated. Looking forward to our first Spring Break cruise!!! :fish::beach::fish:

What did you come up with for our Fish Extender? Only a couple more days!!

Ok, was that a fun cruise, or what? Perfect weather, too! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL FE GIFTS!!! We LOVED everything!!

My Mom finally had a chance to meet Mickey on the last night for the FIRST TIME in her life! She told him she had been waiting over 70 years to meet him! He put his hands over his heart and took a big step towards her! I captured the moment of him hugging her and kissing her hand. My Mom actually started to cry, as was I! It's like her childhood caught up with her in seconds! Our 6th DCcruise was a blast! We drove a jeep in Cozumel, swam with Stingrays in Grand Cayman, toured Falmouth Jamaica by a horse named "Waylon" and rented bikes, slept in hammocks and ate our hearts out at Cookies Too. What an amazing vacation! Who is ready to do it again?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter