Makeup for Disney!

thanks! I tried the cherry tart and really like it! The raspberry was one i was considering as well :d

oh you all have me obsessed with these things now! I have bought 5 in the past 6 days! Lol. Here is my lip butter collection so far:

Peach parfait
berry smoothie
fig jam
cherry tart
cupcake

stop enabling me! Hahaha! I was wondering what the creme brulee would look like alone. It actually scared me more than the fig jam! Lol.

lmao!!!!!!

Hello ladies! I am a DL girl, but really love chatting about makeup and of course, collecting it! I hope it is okay if I pick your brains about what you carry in the parks. Do you just bring powder and lip stuff? Or something else?

I have really been loving the Laura Mercier primer in radiance and the LM tinted moisturizer. It wears really well in the parks and looks like my natural skin, only better!

I bring no make up into the parks except for some lip balm with SPF. I put my make up on in the morning and while at the parks put my sunglasses on and hope for the best ;-)

Hello ladies! I am a DL girl, but really love chatting about makeup and of course, collecting it! I hope it is okay if I pick your brains about what you carry in the parks. Do you just bring powder and lip stuff? Or something else?

I have really been loving the Laura Mercier primer in radiance and the LM tinted moisturizer. It wears really well in the parks and looks like my natural skin, only better!

I am taking my little Disney Dooney purse which doesn't fit a whole lot so for the parks I am taking a lip butter (whichever one I choose for that day) as well as a powder puff loaded with loose powder to blot away any shine throughout the day and I will also be carrying my Cinema Secret moisturizing spray :)

If I'm traveling to Disney in the summer there is no need to wear make-up. Its actually probably the last thing I would think to bring unless we are going out to dinner somewhere nice. Humidity and make-up can cause havoc to your skin and pores

In the fall I bring make-up for the Halloween party so essentially I pack MAC Studio tech, mascara, fun eyelashes and a lipglass, maybe some glitter. I'm only wearing it during the party.

Other than that the most i bring with me is facial moisturizer with SPF and chapstick.

I just bring powder and SPF lip balm. I hate having to carry to much around all day so whatever wears of stays off! LOL
This is why I love primer!

If I decide to do makeup, I usually do the same, just bring some powder and lip balm. But I think I may bring some blotting sheets next time and get some Evian spray or something like that.

Lately I have been loving the Hourglass Ambient powders. I will see how they perform at Disneyland!

I went by CVS yesterday due to this thread. 2 lip butters, 2 eyeliners and 2 of the tattoo eye shadows later.....but they were all buy one, get one 50% off, plus I received a $4/$20 emailed coupon, so all is well. ::yes:: I actually don't plan on bringing a ton of makeup on our trip, but I will use all of this daily for work. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. I tried everything out this morning and I'm very pleased!

As mentioned above, I would find a foundation that has an SPF in it so you don't have to worry about applying a sunscreen. BB and CC creams ususally have this and offer a medium coverage :) Some liquid foundations also have SPF just depends on the coverage you need/ want :)

I love this thread!

But it's important to remember that you need to put on a THICK layer of any product to the full effect of an SPF in a product. Women are getting duped into thinking they are protected by using a sheer layer of foundation when really it's doing nothing. Just make sure whatever makeup you use, protect your facial skin from the sun with sunscreen!

Helpful link:
http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/sunscreen-and-your-makeup-routine

I must be the only person that hated the lip butters.They looked good at first but after a week of use they dried the CRAP out of my lips.I had worse chapped lips from them then I did all winter

If I decide to do makeup, I usually do the same, just bring some powder and lip balm. But I think I may bring some blotting sheets next time and get some Evian spray or something like that.

Lately I have been loving the Hourglass Ambient powders. I will see how they perform at Disneyland!

The Evian sprays are AMAZING for the summer time.

Living in Florida I basically wear what I would wear on a normal day during the summer which right now is:

*Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer
*Benefit POREfessional primer
*Revlon Nearly Naked foundation or Loreal BB cream
*Too Faced Primed and Poreless setting powder
*MAC paint pot grounded or bare study for eye primer
*Urban Decay Naked Basics palette
* CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Mascara
*Benefit erase paste for undereye concealer/ brightener
* Benefit blush in Coralista or Hervana
* Revlon lipbutter

That is my daily makeup at the moment

I love this thread!

But it's important to remember that you need to put on a THICK layer of any product to the full effect of an SPF in a product. Women are getting duped into thinking they are protected by using a sheer layer of foundation when really it's doing nothing. Just make sure whatever makeup you use, protect your facial skin from the sun with sunscreen!

Helpful link:
http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/sunscreen-and-your-makeup-routine

Thanks for this :)

Living in Florida I basically wear what I would wear on a normal day during the summer which right now is:

*Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer
*Benefit POREfessional primer
*Revlon Nearly Naked foundation or Loreal BB cream
*Too Faced Primed and Poreless setting powder
*MAC paint pot grounded or bare study for eye primer
*Urban Decay Naked Basics palette
* CoverGirl Lashblast Fusion Mascara
*Benefit erase paste for undereye concealer/ brightener
* Benefit blush in Coralista or Hervana
* Revlon lipbutter

That is my daily makeup at the moment

Oh, oh, oh, I asked about the Porefessional the other day. Does it do a good job of minimizing pores? We have very similar taste in makeup. :)

Just back a few days ago. It was 90+ degrees most days.

Every day, this is what I used:

- Sunscreen - Neutrogena Ultra Sheer in SPF 45
- Urban Decay DeSlick spray
- Smashbox BB cream
- Smashbox Halo Powder
- Blush (Usually Tarte Amazonian Clay in Amused)
- Either a Maybelline Color Tattoo or a Clinique Shadow Pencil (I use Urban Decay Primer Potion under the shadow pencil)
- Urban Decay Cannonball mascara.
- Revlon Lip Butter, Eos Lip Balm, and/or Maybelline Baby Lips

This worked out well and I felt decent looking for pictures.

I am happy for the gals that can get away with saying they don't wear makeup to the parks, bad for the pores, etc.....for a lot of us, not wearing makeup would be like walking around the park nude!:scared1: I look like I have 2 black eyes and am unrecognizable without makeup and wouldn't dream of not wearing at least a little.

Loving this thread. Now own 4 lip butters, just got my waterproof mascara yesterday. Also bought the Neutrogena make up remover clothes to bring on our trip in two weeks.

Concealer users for under eye circles.....any favorites? I have been using Clinique Advanced Concealer forever and would love some newer product suggestions.

Thanks beautiful ladies - celebrate that we take good care of ourselves!:yay:

How necessary are waterproof mascara and the "deslick" stuff? We're going next week and it's the first time in years I've been in the summer.

How necessary are waterproof mascara and the "deslick" stuff? We're going next week and it's the first time in years I've been in the summer.

I've never used the deslick stuff, but I'd say waterproof mascara is a necessity. Between wet rides and afternoon rain showers, I've definitely left the parks looking like a raccoon.

After reading this thread I went out and bought some BB cream by Too Faced. The girl that tried it on me at Sephora used her bare fingers (I always use a sponge when applying foundation) and said you need to with the BB cream because its activated by the heat of your fingers. Do you find that to be true? I usually never have my fingers tough my face!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter