Makeup for Disney!

After reading this thread I went out and bought some BB cream by Too Faced. The girl that tried it on me at Sephora used her bare fingers (I always use a sponge when applying foundation) and said you need to with the BB cream because its activated by the heat of your fingers. Do you find that to be true? I usually never have my fingers tough my face!

I went to Sephora in DTD @ DLR today and was told the same thing....the staff person had me use anti-bacterial gel and then had me sample the Smashox CC cream by applying with my fingers. It must be the Sephora training but the CC cream did apply very easily. I usually use a brush to apply my foundation so this was a bit different but with equally good coverage.

I'm sorry I don't see the point, maybe some tinted moisturiser with sun screen but really nobody cares what you look like

I'm sorry I don't see the point, maybe some tinted moisturiser with sun screen but really nobody cares what you look like

I had to laugh when I read this because I was kind of thinking the same thing. I think people want to look their best for the pictures. I am in shock when I see the laundry list that women bring even in summer... Blush, foundation, primer a primer b, eyeshadow, liner etc etc!! I'm hot & uncomfortable thinking about it. For me.. I do a bit more than you do, it's lip balm SPF 20 & a gloss and a mascara.

For me, I care what I look like. My mother always told me to look my best and I try to do this. So every single morning, yes I get up fix my hair, put makeup on and put a bra on....to me it's no different than brushing my teeth. I can probably count on one hand the number of times in 30 years I haven't done this and that includes having 2 daughters a couple of flus and a couple of times in the hospital.

I won't poo poo you NOT putting makeup on just don't poo poo me for putting it on!

I am sold on the Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream. I am in my 30's and everything makes my face breakout. after our 9 days at Disney last week this product not only made my skin look great but it didn't cause a breakout. It also didn't sweat off. I used this with my normal bare minerals. Thanks DIS members who recommended it!

For me, I care what I look like. My mother always told me to look my best and I try to do this. So every single morning, yes I get up fix my hair, put makeup on and put a bra on....to me it's no different than brushing my teeth. I can probably count on one hand the number of times in 30 years I haven't done this and that includes having 2 daughters a couple of flus and a couple of times in the hospital.

I won't poo poo you NOT putting makeup on just don't poo poo me for putting it on!

Awww- I don't think she was "poo pooing" anyone. Personally, I won't take alot of cosmetics w/me aside from my mascara, lip items & fragrance. For me I'm lazy & can't be bothered taking it off @ night... I also think I would be uncomfortable. With that said, my prep prior to the trip is a bit crazy... I start self-tanning, teeth whitening, hair straightened, juice cleanse (to lose excess water weight)... But, I guess everyone is different and whatever works for us (btw I wear a bra 24/7.... Lol)

First of all this is such a great thread for us makeup lovers!!!

I live in South FL so my Disney routine is my everyday routine since I'm used to the hot, humid weather.

After I read about it here I just picked up the Garnier BB Cream for combo/oily skin. I tried it today for the first time and as I was putting it on it looked too light for my skin, but I was running late so I just kept it on. I just checked a mirror and I have to say that I think my skin looks great now! Does it adjust to match your skin as you wear it? I love the product, I am just wondering if I need to grab the next shade up too.

Here are my recommendations.

- for anyone who uses Nars Orgasm blush, check out Deep Throat instead. I had used Orgasm for a few years and when I was ordering a replacement I read the reviews and several people talked about Deep Throat so I tried that instead. I love it! It's even prettier/warmer and not glittery like Orgasm.

- for long days outside I love tubing mascaras. They do not budge until you remove them with warm water at the end of the day. I use Loreal Double Extend.

First of all this is such a great thread for us makeup lovers!!!

I live in South FL so my Disney routine is my everyday routine since I'm used to the hot, humid weather.

After I read about it here I just picked up the Garnier BB Cream for combo/oily skin. I tried it today for the first time and as I was putting it on it looked too light for my skin, but I was running late so I just kept it on. I just checked a mirror and I have to say that I think my skin looks great now! Does it adjust to match your skin as you wear it? I love the product, I am just wondering if I need to grab the next shade up too.

Here are my recommendations.

- for anyone who uses Nars Orgasm blush, check out Deep Throat instead. I had used Orgasm for a few years and when I was ordering a replacement I read the reviews and several people talked about Deep Throat so I tried that instead. I love it! It's even prettier/warmer and not glittery like Orgasm.

- for long days outside I love tubing mascaras. They do not budge until you remove them with warm water at the end of the day. I use Loreal Double Extend.

I will check out the deep throat, since I dislike glittery thanks for that!!!! I tried the tubing mascara and did not realize what it was.... Poooor me!!! I couldn't get it off... Then finally when it was coming off I thought I was losing my lashes. :)

ELF makes a great cheaper dupe of Deep Throat called Candied Coral, if anyone is looking to save some $$ :) But I agree, Deep Throat > Orgasm.

I will check out the deep throat, since I dislike glittery thanks for that!!!! I tried the tubing mascara and did not realize what it was.... Poooor me!!! I couldn't get it off... Then finally when it was coming off I thought I was losing my lashes. :)

Oh no! I just gently pull it off my lashes when I'm washing my face. Once you figure it out it really is great! I have terribly oily lids and this is the first time mascara has not given me raccoon eyes. :)

Oh no! I just gently pull it off my lashes when I'm washing my face. Once you figure it out it really is great! I have terribly oily lids and this is the first time mascara has not given me raccoon eyes. :)

I even work in the cosmetic field and bought it when it hit shelves!!! But, I didn't read the darn directions!!!! Maybe I will try again... Love lash blast from cover girl!

I didn't realize you should use your fingers with BB creams.

I recently purchase the Beauty Blender and I've been using that for most of my foundations. I love it.

I didn't realize you should use your fingers with BB creams.

I recently purchase the Beauty Blender and I've been using that for most of my foundations. I love it.

Rachel, my DD's college friend, @ raeviewer.com makeup blog highly recommends the Beauty Blender and uses it for all applications. I think it is just Sephora's training versus personal preference. I'm planning to try applying it with my brush to see what coverage is better.

LOVE this thread, it has been so helpful and I have a huge list going of must buys :-)
Has anyone had luck with the liqid eyeliner pens ? I've seen a few, but the reviews don't seem very positive. They seem to run/dry out quickly.
Also, not necessarily for my Disney trip, but does anyone use brow pencil ? Tips for using it? My brows just seem so thin and sparse lately. TIA !

I even work in the cosmetic field and bought it when it hit shelves!!! But, I didn't read the darn directions!!!! Maybe I will try again... Love lash blast from cover girl!

I use Lash Bast Waterproof too. That and the Loreal Lash Extend are my 2 favorites.

LOVE this thread, it has been so helpful and I have a huge list going of must buys :-)
Has anyone had luck with the liqid eyeliner pens ? I've seen a few, but the reviews don't seem very positive. They seem to run/dry out quickly.
Also, not necessarily for my Disney trip, but does anyone use brow pencil ? Tips for using it? My brows just seem so thin and sparse lately. TIA !

I just bought a brow pencil. NJ weather just turned hot and humid and so far the pencil is staying where I put it. :rotfl2: I guess I'm gathering up the courage to try it in Disney in August because I have sparse eyebrows too!;) I'm going to go back a few pages because there was a recommendation to try some type of oil that can be bought at Whole Foods to rejuvenate thinning hair, lashes and brows. The lady said she's been using it for YEARS but if just starting out now you can start seeing good results in a few months time so I figured I'd give it a try. I've seen the liquid eyeliner pens but I think I'm going to pass on those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter