Makeup for Disney!

OMG!!! I love this thread. :cheer2::cheer2: I've already learned tons!!

I am a makeup lover newbie although I've always been the type if there is a chance a picture will be taken of me I dang well better have tinted moisturizer, mascara and lip gloss on.

I have been thinking about what makeup I want to take with me to Disney in November long and hard. I know it won't be the middle of summer so it isn't too high on my stress meter, but....I still want to look dang good. Its our first trip and pictures are priceless to me.

Currently I'm using this for everyday:

Smashbox Photo Finish (the green one) Primer...I'm on the fence about this stuff though

MAC Studio Moisture Tint (lucky enough not to have too bad of skin)

MAC mineral finsh powder

Department store mascara (need to find something I totally can't live without that comes in brown or brown black)

YSL lipstick

MAC paint pot soft ocre as a primer for eyes and random mac and twisted sister shadows

MAC bronzer

Especially in the summer, and even with primer my skin starts to look...:rolleyes1 scaley towards the end of the day. Can I fix this?!

P.S. Not sure why people who don't wear makeup comment. :lmao::confused3

I have dry skin too! And it took a lot of trial and error to get my makeup routine just right to avoid the flakies and scales. I wish there was a quick fix!

The first thing I did was to approach my cleansing and moisturizing. You have to make the skin as good as it can be if you have any hope of making your makeup last. So I tried a lot of extra moisturizing products, but I have two that I really love: Cerave (budget) and Philosophy (splurge). I also exfoliate with my Clarisonic everyday, although I have friends that only do every other day. I also am addicted to organic argan oil, which I alternate with Philosophy Hope in a Jar night cream. I also put a drop of argan oil in my tinted moisturizer. So I find ways to sneak in my moisture where I can.

If you are using any skin treatments you need to evaluate if they are causing the problem. So if you use acne treatments, you may need to switch it up or transfer to a different active ingredient that doesn't affect your skin. I use BPO instead of salysilic acid. But everyone's skin is different. Dump any exfoliatiors made from seeds or large chunks, since they cause tiny tears and inflame the skin. Only use exfoliators with beads.

I also have to be careful with powders. I almost never powder my whole face, since it has a tendency to dry my skin. So I apply powder mainly to the T zone, which is where I am most oily anyway.

I honestly couldn't do MAC for my face, it was just too drying. Smashbox didn't work as a primer, either. I have been using Laura Mercier illuminating primer, since it is much more moisturizing. I also like Hourglass Mineral Veil primer. I use both depending on my needs. So you will probably have to experiment to find what works for you. But a good primer will keep flakes at bay, so I find it invaluable. I also would recommend a setting spray, that keeps away the flakes as well and holds your makeup for hours.

Ok, that was a long ramble! I hope it helps, and good luck!

I don't think this has been addressed In any thread. .and sorry if it has. ..but does anyone ever use the chafing cream for actual chafing? I have never used it but I was wondering, however... I may just buy it to use as a primer anyhow! Lol....

OK, I've had this forum bookmarked, and now that I'm about a month from my Disney trip, I have spent my son's naptime every day this week reading and making a shopping list. Now I just need to know what you guys use to take all this makeup OFF, and what do you wash your face with? When we did a 7-day Disney trip in 2010, I ended up with two MONSTER zits that look horrible in all my pics from the final two days. Any tips on how to get a good thorough cleansing to prevent this from happening again, especially since this time it looks like I'll be using more product on my face? I always blamed it on all the sweat.

I've used a few of these tips this summer, and this is what I have found:

I love the color tattoo eye shadows, they last forever, but am not a fan of the lip butters. They look great when they go on, but wear off in no time. Plus they dry out my lips if I don't wear another lipstick as a base. I'm going to go back to using the tinted carmex I found. They have just a hint of color and leave my lips soft.

I also LOVE the Color Tattoo shadows... They stay on like a champ! I'm someone who is always rubbing their eyes and putting eyedrops in, as I have horrible allergies AND I wear contacts. However, the Color Tattoo stuff stays on even with me constantly poking and rubbing my eyes :D

Not sure if this is already posted but there is this awesome sunscreen from IQQU that can be reapplied throughout the day without messing up your makeup. It gives your skin a matte finish too which helps people with oily skin. Not too expensive and a little goes a long way.

Well, I'm a little late to this party, but I'm sort of excited about it, so I want to share what I've decided on for Disney makeup after reading this thread, making a list, and shopping. SPF and staying power were my two priorities. Note: I am not a makeup junkie. I have never used primer of any kind or setting spray. I stopped using high-end makeup after I had my first child and quit work. So the $ amount of stuff in my Ulta basket is a little frightening, but I really want to try to keep the makeup on at Disney because of all the pictures. And I'm a sweater. So here goes. Let me know your thoughts if you have any!

Moisturizer: Clinique Super City Block with SPF 40
Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish SPF 20
Foundation: Rimmel Lasting Finish 25-Hour Foundation
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
Powder: BareMinerals Mineral Veil SPF 25
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eyeshadow: Maybelline Color Tattoo
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7
Mascara: Cover Girl Lash Blast (waterproof)
Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter
Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter

In the parks: the powder, some blotting papers, and Evian mineral spray.

Well, I'm a little late to this party, but I'm sort of excited about it, so I want to share what I've decided on for Disney makeup after reading this thread, making a list, and shopping. SPF and staying power were my two priorities. Note: I am not a makeup junkie. I have never used primer of any kind or setting spray. I stopped using high-end makeup after I had my first child and quit work. So the $ amount of stuff in my Ulta basket is a little frightening, but I really want to try to keep the makeup on at Disney because of all the pictures. And I'm a sweater. So here goes. Let me know your thoughts if you have any!

That seems like a well rounded plan. I used to use the Clinique City Block. I can't remember why I stopped.

Love the blush. Mine never let's 12 hours just going to work but it is a great blush. I use Benefit Benetint in the parks.

The Urban Decay products are wonderful. I haven't tried the All Nighter spray but I tried Deslick and was happy with it. I tried it on a hot, humid day and it really did work. I have the travel size and I think it will last forever.

The Cover Girl mascara is what the makeup artist used for my Disney wedding. I figure the expert can't be wrong!

Great picks overall. I feel like own most of it. Haha

That seems like a well rounded plan. I used to use the Clinique City Block. I can't remember why I stopped.

Love the blush. Mine never let's 12 hours just going to work but it is a great blush. I use Benefit Benetint in the parks.

The Urban Decay products are wonderful. I haven't tried the All Nighter spray but I tried Deslick and was happy with it. I tried it on a hot, humid day and it really did work. I have the travel size and I think it will last forever.

The Cover Girl mascara is what the makeup artist used for my Disney wedding. I figure the expert can't be wrong!

Great picks overall. I feel like own most of it. Haha

I got the UD All Nighter in a travel size - it came in a 3-pack with travel-sized Primer Potion for eyes and the 24/7 eyeliner. The eyeliner shade was not what I would have otherwise chosen (rockstar - I believe it's eggplant), but it was a much better deal buying all 3 of them that way instead of separately. Glad to hear you say your travel size will last a good long while.

Sounds like a good plan! A lot of great products that I actually use myself :) I'm sure the amount can be kind of scary but it is SO worth it in the end and you actually get a fairly long use time out of them. I especially love Urban Decay :)

Jennifer124 said:

I think you've put together a great makeup bag. I LOVE Urban Decay, so I'm definitely a fan of those picks. I prefer De-Slick because I have super oily skin, but All Nighter is great, too. As far as primer, I like UD Pore Perfection or Too Faced Primed & Poreless.

OK, I've had this forum bookmarked, and now that I'm about a month from my Disney trip, I have spent my son's naptime every day this week reading and making a shopping list. Now I just need to know what you guys use to take all this makeup OFF, and what do you wash your face with? When we did a 7-day Disney trip in 2010, I ended up with two MONSTER zits that look horrible in all my pics from the final two days. Any tips on how to get a good thorough cleansing to prevent this from happening again, especially since this time it looks like I'll be using more product on my face? I always blamed it on all the sweat.

Cleanse gently. Try Cer've.
Use 5% Benzyl Peroxide NOT 10%. All over.
You may need to moisturize.

Cleanse gently. Try Cer've.
Use 5% Benzyl Peroxide NOT 10%. All over.
You may need to moisturize.

Thanks for this, Melani. I've actually considered using plain, old-fashioned Pond's Cold Cream to get all the makeup off before cleansing. My face cannot at all handle 10% benzoyl peroxide. Too sensitive.

The Ulta order has been placed - I am so excited!! Got several free gifts, including the primer (Smashbox - as such I ultimately deleted the Smashbox SPF 20 I had in my shopping bag - surely I have enough SPF everywhere else) as well as some self-tanner I'll never use but can maybe give away or sell. They had good sales on the lip butter and the color tattoo, and I also got the standard Ulta 3pc giveaway. Oh, and free shipping. What if y'all have turned me into a makeup addict?!?

Thanks for this, Melani. I've actually considered using plain, old-fashioned Pond's Cold Cream to get all the makeup off before cleansing. My face cannot at all handle 10% benzoyl peroxide. Too sensitive.

The Ulta order has been placed - I am so excited!! Got several free gifts, including the primer (Smashbox - as such I ultimately deleted the Smashbox SPF 20 I had in my shopping bag - surely I have enough SPF everywhere else) as well as some self-tanner I'll never use but can maybe give away or sell. They had good sales on the lip butter and the color tattoo, and I also got the standard Ulta 3pc giveaway. Oh, and free shipping. What if y'all have turned me into a makeup addict?!?

Try using Ultrabland from Lush. Sort of like a cold cream/cleanser combo. Very mild & gets all my make up off.

I think I will keep it simple.

Sunscreen
Light dusting of mineral powder over sunscreen to de-shine
A hint of brown eyeshadow
A tiny hint of eyeliner underneath
SPF 15 Chapstick (some lip stain under that if I feel the need for a little color)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter