Makeup for Disney!

I have blue eyes and have been using Latisse. The doctor who prescribed for me (and 2 others I have talked to) told me that the eye color change has only occurred in patients using it for glaucoma--for that treatment, you drop it right into the eye. They told me there have been no reported cases of color change when used cosmetically, where you apply with a brush outside the eye.

That is what I found out when I researched it more, so decided it would be safe to try. I do like that now it is available without prescription.

I'm in WDW now!!!! Yippee!!! I will say I contributed to this thread w/what makeup I will bring and wear to WDW! Well I never took any of it out of my makeup bag the whole trip! It's to darn hot! I wore big sunglasses & used some self tanner, some gloss but the lash blast and BB cream stayed in the suitcase! I will mention I did see some women who had it all together and looked fab w/their mascara, foundation, eyeliner... The works! Just not for me.

YIPPEE!!! I will be there tomorrow! :D Will see what I end up doing with my makeup. Haha.

I'm in WDW now!!!! Yippee!!! I will say I contributed to this thread w/what makeup I will bring and wear to WDW! Well I never took any of it out of my makeup bag the whole trip! It's to darn hot! I wore big sunglasses & used some self tanner, some gloss but the lash blast and BB cream stayed in the suitcase! I will mention I did see some women who had it all together and looked fab w/their mascara, foundation, eyeliner... The works! Just not for me.

Best strategy yet! :goodvibes

Now if I can convince DD20 too!:rotfl2:

Best strategy yet! :goodvibes

Now if I can convince DD20 too!:rotfl2:

LOL I have loads of makeup, and every so often I'll do the works and pull out all the stops in terms of what I put on my face. However, when I was in Disney, I knew darn well that I wasn't gonna do eyeshadow, blush, contouring, lip liner, etc. That'd be crazy! :eek: I mean I don't wanna spend almost half an hour in front of the mirror when I know DISNEY is screaming just outside the door! (sometimes literally lol) I end up just using sunscreen, foundation, lip balm, eyeliner and waterproof mascara if I feel I need it (my lashes are lighter blonde thanks to genes, so sometimes it just looks loads better if I have it on. :p) Then I'd bring the concealer, lip balm, and those blotting tissues I mentioned earlier to the parks, in case I need retouching. Eyeliner I don't worry about because it usually stays on, and if it doesn't, I look alright without it. :)

Just got back and found a few things that worked. Mac fix plus spray was a lifesaver, made my makeup look brand new after 10 hours in rain and heat. I also had really good results with the maybeline color tattoo eye shadow. It was kind of hard to apply but stayed perfect all day. I did not have good results with waterproof liquid liner, looked terrible early on, flaked off. I ended up using a pencil liner instead. Great tips so far, love reading all of them!

I'm an artist for mac cosmetics, and this past trip I wore the following and it worked quite well and lasted nicely:

Natural Radiance Primer
Prolong wear concealer
Extended Play waterproof mascara
Fluid line gel liner in Dipdown
Paintpot in Bare Study (also waterproof)
Face And Body foundation
A little Angel Lipglass on my lips!

I know this may seem like a lot, but to me, it was the perfect amount of makeup. It wore so well! I would ask my DBF how it was looking and I never had to touch it up.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm an artist for mac cosmetics, and this past trip I wore the following and it worked quite well and lasted nicely:

Natural Radiance Primer
Prolong wear concealer
Extended Play waterproof mascara
Fluid line gel liner in Dipdown
Paintpot in Bare Study (also waterproof)
Face And Body foundation
A little Angel Lipglass on my lips!

I know this may seem like a lot, but to me, it was the perfect amount of makeup. It wore so well! I would ask my DBF how it was looking and I never had to touch it up.

I guess since because I'm used to tons of products being used when seeing makeup being worn, I don't think this was a lot either. If you had like, 3 foundations and 3 concealers (for that PERFECT mix :lmao:), along with eyeshadow primer, paintpot, lip conditioner, creamstick liner, lipstick, and THEN lipglass, then that'd be a bit much. I think it'd all just melt as soon as the heat would hit it with so much product. Ewww. :rotfl2:

I envy you btw. I've always wanted to be a MAC artist, but there never are MAC stores and/or MAC counters where I am. Sadness. :(

I guess since because I'm used to tons of products being used when seeing makeup being worn, I don't think this was a lot either. If you had like, 3 foundations and 3 concealers (for that PERFECT mix :lmao:), along with eyeshadow primer, paintpot, lip conditioner, creamstick liner, lipstick, and THEN lipglass, then that'd be a bit much. I think it'd all just melt as soon as the heat would hit it with so much product. Ewww. :rotfl2:

I envy you btw. I've always wanted to be a MAC artist, but there never are MAC stores and/or MAC counters where I am. Sadness. :(

LOL! I was tempted to get down with some highlight/contour! After all, I was meeting Ariel ;)

I have a lot of fun at work for sure!

Cover Girl mascara never worked for me either. Some people love it, but it makes raccoon eyes on me. My go-to mascara for long lasting, stays all day, doesn't run at all is L'Oreal Double Extend Waterproof mascara. It is a two step process, but it lasts all day. But it has to be the waterproof, the regular doesn't stay as well.

I'm done with Cover Girl. I got all excited when I saw everyone raving about the orange tube (used to love the marathon mascara) but it was a major fail. I have actually used the Double extend and really liked it. I will probably return to it. I also liked the Revlon colorstay so between the 2 I will be happy.

Gotta say ladies, very helpful thread. I sweat from my head so my face is always soaked. Have recently tried the Rimmel lasting foundation suggested here and I love it. I now have several different colors so can mix the exact color I need depending on the tone of my skin. Blonde, blue eyed light skin. Also tried the lip balms suggested and I too am totally hooked. Keep the good advice coming. Still need a mascara that is truly waterproof. Used to love cover girl professional, but not the same as it used to be. Now using Avon, its pretty good. Have tried great lash and others and they just don't stay on my eyes.so, any suggestions bring it on.:yay:

Just got back and found a few things that worked. Mac fix plus spray was a lifesaver, made my makeup look brand new after 10 hours in rain and heat. I also had really good results with the maybeline color tattoo eye shadow. It was kind of hard to apply but stayed perfect all day. I did not have good results with waterproof liquid liner, looked terrible early on, flaked off. I ended up using a pencil liner instead. Great tips so far, love reading all of them!

I was there a few weeks ago and it was HOT. I ended up skipping eyeliner while I was there just because I was lazy.

My routine was to:

- apply some Smashbox Shine Control to my T-zone
- Spritz with Urban Decay DeSlick
- Smashbox CC cream
- Spray Urban Decay DeSlick
- Powder with Smashbox Halo
- Add a touch of Tarte Amazonian Clay powder to T-Zone
- Use a cream eyeshadow (Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze was my favorite, also enjoyed Clinique Shadow Sticks)
- Use brow pencil on brows
- set brows with Clear brow gel
- Curl lashes and apply Urban Decay Canonball mascara
- Add blush. Mac Small Vanity got the most use.
- Use lip balm throughout the day.

This held up pretty well in the heat and I looked good in all of the pictures. My skin is normal on the cheeks but VERY oily in the t-zone and this worked. This is also pretty close to my weekend makeup look in the hot DC summer.

I was there a few weeks ago with family and it was so hot! Not as hot as our annual July trip, but, hot enough! :laughing: As always, I had an amazing time and stayed beautiful with just minimal make-up. I always say I'm going to go "full face" in Disney and bring a bag full of makeup, but, I never do. It sounds like a good idea in the comfort of my home sitting at the computer in the AC, but then when you're actually sweltering in the heat, IMO, it's just not worth it. So, for my July trip, I'm just bringing what I wore this past May.

Clinique CC Cream
Clinique waterproof Mascara
Revlon lip butter

Stayed great all day :)

3a84a738-c2f9-404c-a452-da376f577808_zpsffc79ecf.jpg

My routine this summer will be

Smashbox cc cream
Mally waterproof eyeliner
Mally mascara
Bare escentuals Lip gloss

To reapply sunscreen in parks/pool during day I will use bare escentuals powder sunscreen on my face.

To reapply sunscreen in parks/pool during day I will use bare escentuals powder sunscreen on my face.

Oh, I am intrigued by the sound of this product!

So, wanted to update that the Benefit Porefessional is awesome and will definitely be in my disney stash. Also tried the Smashbox color correcting CC cream and...meh. I guess I am not a Smashbox girl? Anyone tried Sephora's brand of CC cream? Price is certainly right!

Just got back from WDW last night and this was my makeup routine:

L'oreal Sublime Sun Protection Oil SPF 35
Smashbox CC Cream
Tarte Amazonian Clay Stick Concealer
Cinema Secrets Loose Powder
Smashbox Eyeliner (I use this to fill in my eyebrows :))
Urban Decay Eye Prime Potion
Victoria's Secret Eye Shadow Quad
CoverGirl Lash Blast Waterproof Mascara
Urban Decay All Nighter
Revlon Lip Butter

It actually held up really well throughout the day even though I was sweating like crazy and it rained pretty hard! Lol.

Hi! I just got back last night and wanted to share what worked for me:

-Revlon Colorstay concealer for concealing on the face- I skipped foundation most days
-Rimmel Lasting Finish foundation or CK foundation for days when I was indoors in the a/c more
-Makeup Forever for my under eye circles- lasted all day, even through Kali River Rapids
-Milani Infinite liquid eyeliner- this was new specifically for the trip as I have incredibly oily eyelids that Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners do not even last on. This lasted ALL DAY! It was a bit goopy to apply so I used my Real Techniques eyeliner brush to apply instead of the wand. Must use an oily remover to remove this stuff!
-ELF HD blush
-Maybelline Falsies waterproof mascara.
-Alba cherry Chapstick with SPF- my lips didn't burn! (They usually do)

Hope this gives someone a few good ideas!

Sounds good! I was getting ready to ask our marvelous mavens of make-up what's been working so I'm glad to read your report. I'll be getting my make-up case ready in July for our August trip. I see a couple of items I'll be on the look out for.

Back from a quick visit to DL and test drove the new Urban Decay "Chill" setting spray. It is for people with dry skin (like me!) and supposed to extend your makeup life. Since it was pretty warm, I actually layered it. I first put on the Laura Mercier radiance primer, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer and Bare Minerals Ready Foundation on my redness. Then I sprayed the "Chill" spray and let dry completely.

Then I would use my Urban Decay eye primer potion, Urban Decay Naked Basics eye palette, Cargo bronzer, L'Oreal Double Extend waterproof mascara, and finish with Hourglass ambient lighting powder. Then spray the Chill again. Oops, also the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm and the Revlon Lip Butter.

By using the Chill, my makeup lasted much longer and looked better throughout the day. I will definitely use this on days when it is important for my makeup to last as long as possible. They have different formulations for different skin types. It is pretty expensive, but it isn't something I will use all the time, so I think it is worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter