Makeup for Disney!

I have the same problem! I'm too pale for most foundations and I need a foundation to cover up some redness from breakouts I occasionally get (the red marks last forever on my pale skin). Its frustrating foundation shopping.

Shiseido's White Lucent line has a Brightening Spot-Control Base UV in Ivory with SPF 35. The Ivory is very, very light - much lighter than the Shiseido I20 and I40 foundation that I use. I basically use the Base as a concealer under a BB cream or foundation.The Shiseido consultant said many people use the base along with a moisturizer in lieu of anything else.

I completely agree! I have oily skin, and the Clinique gel moisturizer works amazingly for me.

Ladies, I didn't know where else to ask this, but what do y'all do with your hair in the parks? My hair won't stay straight with that Florida humidity, and I hate just putting it up in a ponytail for the whole trip.

My hair goes from its normal wave to a frizzy mess in FL. I was just chatting with my stylist about ways to get around this and she suggested getting a Top Coat treatment before I leave. It is a Paul Mitchell product. Going to try it.

LORAC eyeshadows are very buttery & smooth. I loveeeee elf eyelid primer from Target for only $1! I've been loving the new Maybelline whispers lately in pinup peach even better than the revlon lip butters IMO :thumbsup2 The L'oreal infallible eyeshadow in amber rush is great too!

I completely agree! I have oily skin, and the Clinique gel moisturizer works amazingly for me.

Ladies, I didn't know where else to ask this, but what do y'all do with your hair in the parks? My hair won't stay straight with that Florida humidity, and I hate just putting it up in a ponytail for the whole trip.

My hair goes from its normal wave to a frizzy mess in FL. I was just chatting with my stylist about ways to get around this and she suggested getting a Top Coat treatment before I leave. It is a Paul Mitchell product. Going to try it.

Do you girls seriously know how lucky you are???;)

MY hair goes completely flat, as in flatter than Flat Stanley the instant I step outside the resort. If there is a time frame shorter than an instant, my hair will be there all flat and limpy too! :rotfl:

Frizz Ease has a product called 3-Day Straight that could work for you.

I think I'm just gonna rock the ponytail :D

My hair is very curly wherever I am - type 3b with a touch of 3c even in winter. So Florida humidity makes it NUTS. This may be too heavy for you ladies, but I've found that the LA Looks Sports Gel (about $3 for a huge bottle) works awesome for hold and frizz control.

My daughter has wavy hair and she does really well with the LA Looks Curls Gel in the green bottle.

My all time favorite eye shadow color (origins sage green) has been discontinued! I've been wearing it for like 10 years. So now I'm on the lookout for a new brand of shadow. Love this thread!

The Clinique Shadow Stick in the color Whopping Willow is a gorgeous sage green. It's $16 for the shadow stick. It's incredibly easy to apply.

For the price of a nice hair care product you can use an excellent quality scrunchy-style hair piece to create a bun, chignon, or pony that will not come undone on any ride or in any weather. Vogue Wigs has a nice selection and good prices. My favorite style is found at: http://www.voguewigs.com/pony-fastener-forever-young-hairpiece.html. I threw one in before going to my hairdresser; and she was shocked it was not my real hair.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anyone have a pore minimizing primer you love? Or, heck, pore minimizing foundation would work as well as long as it is relatively light in feel. I have combo skin and , as I get older, the pores on top of my cheeks and next to my nose are getting bigger. I am very low-maintenance normally, just use Garnier BB cream most days. But tell me which direction to head to at Sephora, please?

Does anyone have a pore minimizing primer you love? Or, heck, pore minimizing foundation would work as well as long as it is relatively light in feel. I have combo skin and , as I get older, the pores on top of my cheeks and next to my nose are getting bigger. I am very low-maintenance normally, just use Garnier BB cream most days. But tell me which direction to head to at Sephora, please?

I like smashbox primer from sephora. Also @ Cvs or Walgreens laRoche Posay Anthelios 50 primer (yup SPF 50 built in) :)

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually taken a Revlon lip butter into the parks with them recently? I am afraid they would melt too easily. I actually prefer the Revlon Kissable Balm stains personally but again, I am worried about them melting. Any experiences? TIA!

Also, here are the products I plan on taking/using on our trip next week. They are all drugstore if anyone is interested in some lower cost options. They have been tested in AZ summer heat so I know they stand up to that, but humidity is basically foreign to me so we shall see how that goes :-) For reference, I have combination/oily skin that leans more oily in the summer.

- Moisturizer: Neutrogena SPF 15 during the day, Ponds dry skin cream at night (I use the Proactiv repairing lotion as a treatment at night and it REALLY dries my skin out)
- Primer: Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer
- Foundation: Either the Garnier BB cream for oily skin or Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. Both are decent at controlling my oily skin. The Covergirl dries to a nice powdery finish and it doesn't feel heavy at all. I LOVE the Garnier BB cream as well. I apply the Garnier with my fingers and the Covergirl with a damp Sonia Kashuk foundation sponge (a Beauty Blender dupe, or so I have heard)
- Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder
- Bronzer: The bronzer in the ELF Contouring Blush/Bronzer powder kit
- Blush: The blush in the ELF Contouring Blush/bronzer powder kit, ELF Studio blush in Candid Coral, NYC Blushable Creme stick blushes in Big Apple Blush and Plaza Pink, and Almay Smart shade blush in pink/rose. I will wear one of the cream products underneath the two powder blushes for a little extra staying power
- Eyebrows: Maybelline Define A Brow
- Mascara: Covergirl Lash Blast Volume
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Line Stilleto in Black, Maybelline Master Drama gel liner in Black, NYX retractable eye liner in black. This will all depend on how I am feeling that day. At home I usually wear gel or liquid and do a bit of a cat eye.
- Eyeshadow primer: ELF Mineral Eyelid primer
- Eyeshadow: Maybelline Color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze or ELF cream eyeshadow in Dawn as a base, NYX trio in Nude/Taupe/Dark Brown. Possibly bringing my NYX Nude on Nude palette as well (as close as I have gotten to the UD Naked palette lol)
- Concealer: Covergirl concealer stick
- Lips: some kind of balm with SPF (Chapstick or Blistex), Revlon Kissable balm stains for some color (I have Honey and Romantic. Romantic seems to last a bit longer)

:thumbsup2

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually taken a Revlon lip butter into the parks with them recently? I am afraid they would melt too easily. I actually prefer the Revlon Kissable Balm stains personally but again, I am worried about them melting. Any experiences? TIA!

I've taken mine to the parks. I also leave mine in my purse in my car while I'm at work. I live in the area so my car gets HOT during the day. I've noticed some melting but nothing to severe. Come July, that might be a different story.

The only make up I wear in the parks is Garnier BB Cream or L'Oreal true match foundation, Maybelline 24 hour color tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, liquid eyeliner, and mascara. My mascara is constantly changing because I always seem to have different types I like. I don't wear anything waterproof because my eyes are super dry and sensitive.

I like smashbox primer from sephora. Also @ Cvs or Walgreens laRoche Posay Anthelios 50 primer (yup SPF 50 built in) :)

Thanks for answering! Will have to research those. I was thinking about Benefit's Porefessional - anyone tried that?

I did buy the fig jam lip butter. LOVE IT! Thanks for the suggestion, all who mentioned it.

Thanks for answering! Will have to research those. I was thinking about Benefit's Porefessional - anyone tried that?

I did buy the fig jam lip butter. LOVE IT! Thanks for the suggestion, all who mentioned it.

Oh I forgot about that!!!!!!! Never tried it, but I do love benefit... I bet that's good too!

Thank you! I will be looking into this product line. As soon as I have my make up ducks lined up I'll list what I'm taking with me, so you guys please feel free to yay or nay anything that may/may not work in August.

Unless we're going "clubbing" or out to a nice dinner, while at WDW noooo makeup for me. Only thing I'll put on is Aveno moisturizer with SPF.

For those that want to spend a little extra, look up a brand called Jane Iredale for makeup, best stuff I've ever used and doesn't feel heavy when wearing it during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter