JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

Hi everyone! We are down to 21 days!!:yay: Finally decided on a hotel..we're staying at BW Stovalls for part of our trip and Paradise Pier for the other part. I'm soo excited! I received a special pin code from Disney for 40% off hotel rooms and my daughter doesn't even know we're staying there!

We are going for my birthday. I'm definitely getting a birthday button but trying to think of other special things to do. I was thinking of maybe doing a tour or the WOC desert party. Any other suggestions? Thanks :)

Checking in!

Last minute trip booked for my bf (first time!) and me (too many to count!) Arriving 10pm Friday, leaving Monday. Staying at GCH, premium view, and hoping for a spot at concierge if there's a cancellation.
We have WOC dessert party booked for Saturday night.

Otherwise, we'll be hitting up FantasyLand in EMH, all the roller coasters on fast passes and/or single rider lines, cute faves like winnie the pooh and little mermaid and POTC. Sad to miss the RR, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise :(

Food/drink wise: The bar at Napa Rose for late night dinner+wine, Trader Sam's late night drink (favorite tiki bar!), Cove Bar daytime snack/margarita!, treats from Winnie the Pooh ride exit, Carthay Circle martini :-D

I was warned about crowds this weekend due to the race - we're not commando style so looking forward to a nice full 2 day romantic trip and crossing fingers it isn't at capacity.

We're leaving the cold snow and storms in the Sierras, so hoping for the sun the current forecast is projecting :)

We are going Saturday to Tuesday and hope to get to Trader Sam's and possibly Cove Bar too! If you hear someone with an English accent it might be my husband!

I booked a WOC dessert party as a surprise for my Mom. I am pretty excited about it! I have never been able to really watch WOC because the scooter seating basically you just see butts in front of you. Anyone else going to the party on 1/23?

I booked a WOC dessert party as a surprise for my Mom. I am pretty excited about it! I have never been able to really watch WOC because the scooter seating basically you just see butts in front of you. Anyone else going to the party on 1/23?
I would love to do this but felt like price for family of 4 just crazy. Sigh. But on better note we are doing Aladins dinner package for MSEP. :)

Yeah, it isn't something I would typically do, but I figured it was my only chance since we won't have any kids this trip.

On our last day...unfortunately the rain has been miserable all week. I wasn't able to catch Oswald because of all the rain. Really bummed about that one.

We are going Saturday to Tuesday and hope to get to Trader Sam's and possibly Cove Bar too! If you hear someone with an English accent it might be my husband!

Hmm, I wish I could think of something that would make us obvious, but in lieu of that if you see this couple:

IMG_5288.JPG

(with less sun and beach)

Say hi!

On our last day...unfortunately the rain has been miserable all week. I wasn't able to catch Oswald because of all the rain. Really bummed about that one.
Bummer about the rain, but I hope it helped with crowds at least.

5 days away!!!!
Crunch time. Today's adjenda=Laundry :rolleyes1
Have to stay motivated so I can start the packing process :)

Getting excited! Weather reports seem so different every day I check yesterday it was forecasting only one day of rain. Today it's says almost every day. :scared:

We will be there Jan 7 - Jan 14. First timers and so excited!!!
Sort of, although I really need to get going...thankfully have idea from past trips

We all bring one large suitcase (per person) & 1 carry on suitcases and two back packs. We also put a empty soft duffle bag into one of the suitcases just in case we buy too much. We have had to purchase an extra bag on more than one occasion in the past so we have learned to be prepared now. :rotfl2:

My list keeps growing & growing..... :hourglass.

Sun glasses
Hats
Chargers 4 phones, ipad
Ipad, phones
Portable charger/battery
Car Splitter for headphones
Head phones for all family
*Dramamine
Gum
Snacks 4 plane
IBU/Alieve
Excedrine
Gel insoles
tums & gas-x
sleep aid (just in case)
Chapstick
Flip flops
Swim suits & swim shirt
Sun screen
Quarters
Cash
**Print reciepts/gift cards
**Pack Tickets
Makeup
Toiletries:shampoo etc.
Q-tips
Hand sanitizer
Disenfectant Wipes
Order groceries with vons
Popup hamper
Take pictures of all park tickets & GC (front/back)
Call & let credit card companies know we are traveling
Contact & info school
Have post office hold on mail
Spare pair of eye glasses
Nail clippers & tweezers
Airplane plugs for ears
Swim goggles
Snacks
Ziplock bags
Download movies to ipad
Ponchos

Is there a minimum for Vons and do you have to be there for your order when it arrives?

Is there a minimum for Vons and do you have to be there for your order when it arrives?
Don't have to be there. Most hotels will hold at front desk, but yes usually minimum of $50 and there are usually plenty of promo codes to use (google) for free delivery with that minimum.

We leave in six days and I am freaking out. By the time we leave on Thursday morning I will have kind of had one day off out of the last 16 and will be working about 60 hours between now and then Grrrrr I am going to pack Sunday and Monday I guess. Satye1's list helped me! Getting excited and super nervous!

Don't have to be there. Most hotels will hold at front desk, but yes usually minimum of $50 and there are usually plenty of promo codes to use (google) for free delivery with that minimum.
Thanks! I may just do that rather than bring a lot of stuff. I follow a strict morning routine food-wise and am worried about getting all my stuff through TSA.

Vacation cannot get here soon enough! Besides the weather we have been having (and I admit, we don't have snow like everyone else around here but it's keeping the tourists away so work is slow), there has been a police standoff going on in my neighborhood since Wednesday. The man is only a danger to himself right now so the police aren't charging in there which I agree with but...this is getting old. Kids are not allowed to be outside for recess because they can hear the shots from the playground (he's shooting his gun inside the house randomly) and they are cautious of the stray bullet possibility (the bullet would have to go through a forest before getting to the school)...it's been exhausting. And we don't know what to do with temps in the 20's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter