JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

Satye1

Mouseketeer
pixiedust:Happy to announce our family will be taking our 4th family Disney Trip in JAN 2017!!!!

Join this January thread! Post your dates & what hotel your staying at-JOIN IN!! Feel free to discuss your planning, Questions--or share info or helpful tips or Disney News, $savings etc about JAN or travel to Disneyland! :chat:

I am Super excited!!! Our family of 4 will be Staying from JAN 18-23. Flying in from Spokane WA on Southwest Airlines.

JANUARY Disney Group:
fsmikesell17 DEC28-JAN2
Best Western Plus Inn
Ibelieveinmagic Dec29-JAN6 CSR
mgd 1st week JAN DLH
ejdmomma: JAN 1-4 Residence Inn Convention Center
Alberta Mom JAN 2-5 Grand
Love2go2disney2 JAN2-7 Spring Hill Suites
Redarrow5150: JAN 2-8 PVI
MikeRx: JAN 3-5 Tropicana
Kindermouse JAN 3-6
T2mum JAN4-6
audrey2580 JAN5-7 The Grand
chinarider JAN5-7
MacMama0930 JAN7-8
Dec2009Momma JAN 6-10 Eden Roc
JustmeFran JAN6-17 POP
Mjallemand: JAN 8-13

Dessert I&S
Littlebitofsunshine JAN 8-13 DLH
Lillian White JAN9-11 DLH
Jediturtle JAN9-13
BethanyLynnFit JAN9-13 PP
Jrsy Boy:JAN 9-18 Dessert I&S
Kathy884 JAN10-13
Dessert I&S

Wishwash01 JAN12-16
Holiday Inn Express
Dsk 727 JAN12-JAN16 Grand
Calfan JAN12-JAN16 Grand
CaliforniaGirl09 JAN12-JAN16 Grand

Kirstie101:JAN 12-16 HOJO
Scrapshappen
JAN13-14 Homewood Suites & JAN 15-16 Paradise Pier
94bruin: JAN14-15 DLH
Tasscrapper JAN14-17 Peacock Suites
Mkla2015:JAN14-18 FairfieldI&S
Shoppergurl1020
JAN15-JAN17 DLH
imama JAN15-21 PPH
Mum from OZ JAN 16-30 PVI
EPHomie JAN17/18+23/24
BW Stoval
Satye1:JAN18-23 Embassy Suites Anaheim Orange
Lurpe JAN19-24 BWPPI
Syndrome: JAN21-28 GCV
Gretchen1973: JAN 22-27 DLH
Mouse13: JAN 22-29 Homewood Suites
Adie_camp JAN24-29
Tiffjoy: JAN 25-28
Smithfamilyof7: JAN 25-31

Embassy Suites Anaheim Orange
MaskedRose86 JAN 26-30 Castle Inn
PoohBearFriends JAN26-30 Paradise Pier Hotel
fallonkendra JAN26-31
ButWhyIsTheRumGone
JAN27-31 BW Plus Stovalls
Only1mouse JAN28-30 Paradise Pier Hotel
MrsMuffinMan JAN29-FEB3 Grand
talentedmummy JAN30-FEB3 PPI
WDWINJUNE! JAN31-FEB5
Disneyaddicted JAN31-FEB4

Last edited:
We'll be staying at Embassy Suites Anaheim Orange.

We've actually stayed some where new each trip we've taken. Had hoped to stay again at Double Tree (but alas it was booked) so we are trying new hotel yet again.

We will be riding the ART to & from parks.

Last edited:
DH and I'll be there January 22-29 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary! Can't wait!!

We'll be taking our first family trip to DLR Jan 14-18!!

We're WDW regulars but this will be a first trip to DLR for DH and our 2 kids and my first trip in 15yrs.

We are staying at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn across the street.

:cutie:
We'll be taking our first family trip to DLR Jan 14-18!!

We're WDW regulars but this will be a first trip to DLR for DH and our 2 kids and my first trip in 15yrs.

We are staying at the Anaheim Fairfield Inn across the street.
How old are your kids? This will be our 4th trip from Washington State taking our kids, now 10 & 12-girls. But first trip they were ages 4 & 6, so we've experience a lot of stages at Disney :fish:

January 9 -14 for our sixth DLR trip. We were there this same time last year. May change to a Friday the 13th departure if fares become favorable enough. Flying Southwest to SNA and staying at DI&S for the first time (previously have stayed at HoJo's, Del Sol and Ramada Maingate).

January 9 -14 for our sixth DLR trip. We were there this same time last year. May change to a Friday the 13th departure if fares become favorable enough. Flying Southwest to SNA and staying at DI&S for the first time (previously have stayed at HoJo's, Del Sol and Ramada Maingate).
How was the weather last year? We've been end of Feb, but going much earlier this year in mid JAN.

How was the weather last year? We've been end of Feb, but going much earlier this year in mid JAN.
Our first day was in the low 70s and got slightly cooler after that, but I think the lowest high temp was probably 65. We were in shorts every day but had jackets in the evenings. Compared to what we left behind in Colorado, it was nice and warm. For the locals (and CMs), though, apparently it was freezing.

:cutie:
How old are your kids? This will be our 4th trip from Washington State taking our kids, now 10 & 12-girls. But first trip they were ages 4 & 6, so we've experience a lot of stages at Disney :fish:

Awesome!!! My daughter is 6 and my son will be 5 in December- they have no idea we are going to Disneyland and I'm going to try to keep it a secret as long as possible!!

They are still a little scared when it comes to rides- earlier this year at WDW, we got them on Star Tours- tears and screaming, Test Track- tears and screaming, and 7DMT- again tears and screaming lol.

DH, a friend and I are running the Star Wars 10K on Saturday Jan 14. My own family of 4 are staying at DLH. We'll be in the parks Saturday & Sunday (14 &15).

We're heading down Jan 12th and leaving Jan 16th. We'll be there for the Star Wars Half Marathon weekend. Park days will be Friday-Sunday. Not completely set on hotel yet. For race weekends I love the location of BW Stovalls. But as far as properties go we prefer Hojo's but its a further walk to the race start/finish area. So it will be one of those two, just not sure which one.

Awesome!!! My daughter is 6 and my son will be 5 in December- they have no idea we are going to Disneyland and I'm going to try to keep it a secret as long as possible!!
They are still a little scared when it comes to rides- earlier this year at WDW, we got them on Star Tours- tears and screaming, Test Track- tears and screaming, and 7DMT- again tears and screaming lol.
They are at a perfect age! Will have tons to do! Kuddos for them trying to ride screaming at such a young age! I still haven't mustard up the courage!:scared:

Are you planning to surprise them somehow special maybe for Christmas? Definitely a great time of year for that just prior :flower:

I have tentative plans January 3-6 for a solo-Merry-Christmas-to-myself trip. I have the room reserved and I have a AP but I am still waffling trying to decide if I can afford another trip this year since I was just there a couple weeks ago and I did a lot of pricey extras like halloween party tickets for 4, Lunch at the BB and a WOC Lunch at Carthay and character breakfasts and too many souvenirs. Also I am supposed to be saving up for next years very expensive trip to WDW. I currently have saved 150 bucks...only 4,850 more to go :headache:.

I have always wanted to see Disneyland done up for christmas but the crowds and hustle and bustle that time of year are too much for my son so despite our many trips we have never been when the decorations are up. I thought maybe I might squeeze in a solo trip but I'm keep thinking about the cost and If I can really afford it.

I have tentative plans January 3-6 for a solo-Merry-Christmas-to-myself trip. I have the room reserved and I have a AP but I am still waffling trying to decide if I can afford another trip this year since I was just there a couple weeks ago and I did a lot of pricey extras like halloween party tickets for 4, Lunch at the BB and a WOC Lunch at Carthay and character breakfasts and too many souvenirs. Also I am supposed to be saving up for next years very expensive trip to WDW. I currently have saved 150 bucks...only 4,850 more to go :headache:.

I have always wanted to see Disneyland done up for christmas but the crowds and hustle and bustle that time of year are too much for my son so despite our many trips we have never been when the decorations are up. I thought maybe I might squeeze in a solo trip but I'm keep thinking about the cost and If I can really afford it.
I have only been once around that time time of year, for New Years 2000. I don't even remember the Christmas decor! But I'm sure it must have been around. If you live where you can drive & have an AP, I'd say go for it!!

I would like to do OCT sometime myself, but between work schedule (work for doctors) and kids competitive sports schedules/School-we haven't made it happen yet. Someday. But for now I am hoping to enjoy a little warmer weather compared to JAN's cold/wet/snowy Washington :)

We fly in Dec. 29th and but we won't be in the parks until Jan. 1st. We're actually coming for the Rose Bowl Parade - my son will be marching with his high school band. So first we're doing the LA area touristy spots and then Disneyland Jan 1st - 4th. I'm expecting it will be super crowded since kids will still be out of school. We're staying at the Residence Inn Convention Center the whole time. It will be painful to be so close to the parks but not go in!!

We fly in Dec. 29th and but we won't be in the parks until Jan. 1st. We're actually coming for the Rose Bowl Parade - my son will be marching with his high school band. So first we're doing the LA area touristy spots and then Disneyland Jan 1st - 4th. I'm expecting it will be super crowded since kids will still be out of school. We're staying at the Residence Inn Convention Center the whole time. It will be painful to be so close to the parks but not go in!!
Awesome! Welcome to the thread! Being at the Rose Bowl sounds amazing! We've always stayed off site too-usually taking advantage of hotel points.
We've stayed at:
Carousel Inn & Suites
Embassy Suites South
Double Tree Suites
Upcoming Trip:
Embassy Suites Anaheim Orange

We will rent a car (got an SUV from Avis for Mon-Sun for about 280.00, used coupon from entertainment book online) but Not while we are at the Disney part of our trip.

We ride the ART while going to/from Disneyland parks. Had great success with it in past. Then pick up car day we leave to drive to San Diego for 2nd leg of our trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!