JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

I need to remember dramamine too. The last couple of trips I've gotten woozy on some rides :( Seeing your list makes me think I should start one, lol. It's just me and hubby going but I have to have everything organized for the kids at home too. Luckily everyone is out of school and work so we don't have to worry about that. We are going with carry on only so I'm not sure if I even want to take swim gear. I sure like soaking in the hot tubs though.

19 more days for me. I'm still trying to figure out everything I want to do. I also want to start my packing list soon.

Does anyone know where I can buy ginger gum from?

Just got back. Thursday was miserable for first half of the day. Raining and cold ( at least for this Arizona lady)- think temps were in the 50's . 130 parade was cancelled but 4 oclock and paint the night went on as planned. Yesterday was nice but very cold by end of evening. I caught some type of cold/sore throat. Crowds were pretty bad, guess Wednesday Disneyland reached capacity by I believe 1 pm. Lots of rides were down throughout the two days so, that along with the large number of people, caused what I feel were longer than usual wait times. First solo trip, first tour- down in the books. Glad I caught the end of all the Christmas stuff. Hope everyone else enjoys there time

Just got back. Thursday was miserable for first half of the day. Raining and cold ( at least for this Arizona lady)- think temps were in the 50's . 130 parade was cancelled but 4 oclock and paint the night went on as planned. Yesterday was nice but very cold by end of evening. I caught some type of cold/sore throat. Crowds were pretty bad, guess Wednesday Disneyland reached capacity by I believe 1 pm. Lots of rides were down throughout the two days so, that along with the large number of people, caused what I feel were longer than usual wait times. First solo trip, first tour- down in the books. Glad I caught the end of all the Christmas stuff. Hope everyone else enjoys there time

I hope even with the weather, ride closures, and crowds you were able to find some magic.
Does anyone know where I can buy ginger gum from?
You can get ginger gum on Amazon.

Another quick question can I get a birthday button in downtown Disney? Do they also have a 1st button?

Another quick question can I get a birthday button in downtown Disney? Do they also have a 1st button?
Mmm not sure about downtown disney. But I know you can get from Guest Services after you enter Disneyland.

You might ask at the ticket booths, too, if there's one without a line. We had to exchange vouchers for tickets one year and, at the ticket booth, we were asked if we were celebrating anything. We just said that we were skipping work so the CM gave us "I'm Celebrating" buttons.

I love Disneyland in the rain! Yes, parades and shows do get canceled, but it feels almost like you have the park to yourself. Bring a rain jacket, an umbrella, and rain boots if you have them (and maybe an extra pair of dry socks and shoes) and enjoy the ability to maneuver through the parks without being elbow to elbow in the crowds.

An addition to the rain list...Rain pants!!!

The rides are wet and it really helps. Even after it stops raining the rides stay wet for awhile. We just tie them around waist after it dries out.

I am from the NW and we all own a pair.

This the 5th January to go. It has rained every year. Low crowds are great.

Dollar store ponchos.... they are life savers- while they are not as big as the Disney ones- they are compact- can throw them away when done and just use another if necessary

I need to remember dramamine too. The last couple of trips I've gotten woozy on some rides :( Seeing your list makes me think I should start one, lol. It's just me and hubby going but I have to have everything organized for the kids at home too. Luckily everyone is out of school and work so we don't have to worry about that. We are going with carry on only so I'm not sure if I even want to take swim gear. I sure like soaking in the hot tubs though.

Dramamine or Bonine is a must for me. In order to keep up with the teenagers I have to start swinging at least a few weeks ahead of time. Helps the vestibular system so I can do roller coasters. Still no spinning rides for me though.

Mmm not sure about downtown disney. But I know you can get from Guest Services after you enter Disneyland.

Thanks I found out from the Facebook group I belong to that downtown Disney does have them.

We were there from the 2 thru the 7. It was so busy, but we had a great time. I know Thursday it was raining for the morning and cleared up. We did magic morning and was able to ride Hyperspace Mountain twice with fast passes. It was so busy Buzz light year was 55 minutes! However, we a magical time, saw lots of characters !

We were there mid-week and the crowds were crazy at times. Capacity reached mid-day at least once on wednesday at DL but luckily it didn't affect us at the times we parkhopped. Waits for soarin and space mountain reached over 100 minutes regularly. I am guessing wednesday was because of the socal pass block removal. They really need to get rid of that pass entirely. Fastpasses for everything disappeared much earlier than usual. However, we were able to still get a lot done and I even had decent views for holiday WoC and mainstreet for fireworks and snow. Single rider for matterhorn and radiator springs were about 20 minutes each later in the day though. Got lucky and rain didn't hit until after our park days. All in all a good trip, but I think the way the holidays and breaks coincided this year made this week more crowded than usual.

How was the new Luigi ride?

Which building are the Marvel meet and greets in and who is there?

Which Star Wars character do you get to meet with the Visa Card? Last year was Kylo and I am hoping it is Darth Vader this year.

Thanks for the info.

Hubby and I had a great time yesterday. Crowds were very manageable, I think the forecasted rain kept some away, funny though, we got to the park after 9 am, and no rain all day. We didn't hit up any of the Fantasyland rides, but what we did get was time together. We enjoyed a leisurely trip to Disneyland, nothing really scheduled, just went with the flow. Fireworks were cancelled due to high winds. We did get stuck on the Jingle Cruise, but we didn't get stuck for long. The boat ahead of us had to be towed in. We were back at our room by 8 PM, just can't go to midnight like we used to LOL

Hubby and I had a great time yesterday. Crowds were very manageable, I think the forecasted rain kept some away, funny though, we got to the park after 9 am, and no rain all day. We didn't hit up any of the Fantasyland rides, but what we did get was time together. We enjoyed a leisurely trip to Disneyland, nothing really scheduled, just went with the flow. Fireworks were cancelled due to high winds. We did get stuck on the Jingle Cruise, but we didn't get stuck for long. The boat ahead of us had to be towed in. We were back at our room by 8 PM, just can't go to midnight like we used to LOL
Wondering how cold it feels at night & mornings? Of course I'm coming from snow & freezing, but wondering how heavy of jacket I should pack?

It looks like there could be some rain a few days we are there which may make it cooler too. But regardless looking forward to nicer weather. Hoping we fly out without delays...airport was closed completely 2 days ago due to snow.
8 days to go!

:welcome:

Hi everyone! The Husband and I are planning our trip for next week! We'll be there Monday through Saturday, celebrating our 1 year anniversary :) We were married at the Disneyland Hotel last January, and sadly haven't been back to visit the parks since. I'm very excited, especially since Disney trips used to be quite common for us.

However, there is a chance I will be alone one of the days as Husband might be called away for business. So I'm pretty disappointed about that :( I was already planning a spa trip at the Grand Californian for the trip anyway, so we've scheduled it on the day he might be away, but even so, I'm not sure what to do the rest of the time alone. I'm no newbie to Disneyland so I know there's plenty to do, I'm mostly just glum about being alone on our anniversary trip.

Checking in!

Last minute trip booked for my bf (first time!) and me (too many to count!) Arriving 10pm Friday, leaving Monday. Staying at GCH, premium view, and hoping for a spot at concierge if there's a cancellation.
We have WOC dessert party booked for Saturday night.

Otherwise, we'll be hitting up FantasyLand in EMH, all the roller coasters on fast passes and/or single rider lines, cute faves like winnie the pooh and little mermaid and POTC. Sad to miss the RR, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise :(

Food/drink wise: The bar at Napa Rose for late night dinner+wine, Trader Sam's late night drink (favorite tiki bar!), Cove Bar daytime snack/margarita!, treats from Winnie the Pooh ride exit, Carthay Circle martini :-D

I was warned about crowds this weekend due to the race - we're not commando style so looking forward to a nice full 2 day romantic trip and crossing fingers it isn't at capacity.

We're leaving the cold snow and storms in the Sierras, so hoping for the sun the current forecast is projecting :)

Sad to miss the RR, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise :(

Food/drink wise: The bar at Napa Rose for late night dinner+wine, Trader Sam's late night drink (favorite tiki bar!), Cove Bar daytime snack/margarita!, treats from Winnie the Pooh ride exit, Carthay Circle martini :-D

I was warned about crowds this weekend due to the race - we're not commando style so looking forward to a nice full 2 day romantic trip and crossing fingers it isn't at capacity.

We're leaving the cold snow and storms in the Sierras, so hoping for the sun the current forecast is projecting :)
RR radiator racers will not be closed-Unless you are referring to something else?
Checking in!

Last minute trip booked for my bf (first time!) and me (too many to count!) Arriving 10pm Friday, leaving Monday. Staying at GCH, premium view, and hoping for a spot at concierge if there's a cancellation.
We have WOC dessert party booked for Saturday night.

Otherwise, we'll be hitting up FantasyLand in EMH, all the roller coasters on fast passes and/or single rider lines, cute faves like winnie the pooh and little mermaid and POTC. Sad to miss the RR, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise :(

RR-radiator racers should be up & running. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter