JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

Vacation cannot get here soon enough! Besides the weather we have been having (and I admit, we don't have snow like everyone else around here but it's keeping the tourists away so work is slow), there has been a police standoff going on in my neighborhood since Wednesday. The man is only a danger to himself right now so the police aren't charging in there which I agree with but...this is getting old. Kids are not allowed to be outside for recess because they can hear the shots from the playground (he's shooting his gun inside the house randomly) and they are cautious of the stray bullet possibility (the bullet would have to go through a forest before getting to the school)...it's been exhausting. And we don't know what to do with temps in the 20's.
Wow! That sounds stressful! Hoping things settle down for you. Definitely sounds like some Disney Magic in order for all of our JAN Disers.

5 degrees here. BRRRR! :cold: Decided to take car to drive through car wash to clean & get mega ice off car. Took 2 times though & still some ice on kickboards. Very much looking forward to warmer temps & NO MORE SNOW!!!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks! I may just do that rather than bring a lot of stuff. I follow a strict morning routine food-wise and am worried about getting all my stuff through TSA.
Yes, I do the same. Just keep in mind size fridge you have at hotel. Even ordered extra bottled water & laundry detergent for cheap this way. :)

Don't have to be there. Most hotels will hold at front desk, but yes usually minimum of $50 and there are usually plenty of promo codes to use (google) for free delivery with that minimum.

Do you have to give your hotel a heads up that your delivery will be coming, or do they get so many that they just know what to do with it? We've done grocery delivery before but we were in a condo and were there for delivery.

Do you have to give your hotel a heads up that your delivery will be coming, or do they get so many that they just know what to do with it? We've done grocery delivery before but we were in a condo and were there for delivery.
I called my hotel that day. But I think most hotels are ready to handle it. When you order, you can select the timeframe. I usually picked a time just before or just after we arrived. Just make sure order is same name as room reservation :)

Good news just before our trip. Got approved for visa rebate for our trade in on Verizon phones we did in Dec. We be receiving 2 visa's each for $200=$400 total!!! :love: Probably won't be here before we fly out, but some extra vacation money for sure.

Well we leave for the airport in ten minutes. I had a horrible nights sleep. Hoping the excitement of the day keeps me going.

Well we leave for the airport in ten minutes. I had a horrible nights sleep. Hoping the excitement of the day keeps me going.
Probably anxiety. Traveling while fun can be hard to unwind the mind. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Check in and tell us all about it & maybe pick up sleep aid just in case :)

I'm getting so excited .. t minus 12 days and to tell you the truth I'm still not sure which park I want to go to. Disneyland, dca, universal studios or knotts. Or do I skip a park and just do a studio tour?

Wow! That sounds stressful! Hoping things settle down for you. Definitely sounds like some Disney Magic in order for all of our JAN Disers.

5 degrees here. BRRRR! :cold: Decided to take car to drive through car wash to clean & get mega ice off car. Took 2 times though & still some ice on kickboards. Very much looking forward to warmer temps & NO MORE SNOW!!!!!! :) :) :)

That is ridiculously cold! I won't complain then!

Stand off ended this morning peacefully! Man called Dispatch to say he was scared and was going to come out and is in custody and going to undergo metal health evaluations. I feel really bad for whoever he is. I am so happy that no one was hurt. Almost a year ago one of our beloved officers was killed in the line of duty. I never want to experience that again.

In other complaining news my sinus infection got really bad yesterday and my face started swelling and this morning it was really bad. I went in to the walk-in and the doc was shocked I waited so long but has me on a lot of medications to get me fit to go n vacation and kill this infection but the side effects have me worried. If it isn't one thing it's another but at least I'll be at Disneyland in five days!

In other complaining news my sinus infection got really bad yesterday and my face started swelling and this morning it was really bad. I went in to the walk-in and the doc was shocked I waited so long but has me on a lot of medications to get me fit to go n vacation and kill this infection but the side effects have me worried. If it isn't one thing it's another but at least I'll be at Disneyland in five days!
Man alive! Hope you feel better soon, now that you have antibiotics/mess on board.

That is ridiculously cold! I won't complain then!

Stand off ended this morning peacefully! Man called Dispatch to say he was scared and was going to come out and is in custody and going to undergo metal health evaluations. I feel really bad for whoever he is. I am so happy that no one was hurt. Almost a year ago one of our beloved officers was killed in the line of duty. I never want to experience that again.

Yes it's crazy cold. It will be nice to touch down & not see snow. Little worried about rain in forecast. Hoping it's not pouring ⛈

On our last day...unfortunately the rain has been miserable all week. I wasn't able to catch Oswald because of all the rain. Really bummed about that one.
Other than Thursday, I thought the rain was tolerable last week. Wednesday started out rainy but the skies were blue for a good part of the day and the rain never came back as the forecasts predicted. Despite the rain, we managed to do pretty much everything we wanted during the 3 days we were in the parks, though not necessarily the way we wanted to do them. Hyperspace Mountain was down Tuesday morning and during MM on Thursday and TSMM went down while we were in line first thing Wednesday morning. We did ride RSR more than we'd expected thanks to short single-rider waits (no more than 20 minutes).

A couple of notes:
- regarding previous discussion of "I'm Celebrating" buttons...DW was wearing a Happy Birthday button and, while we were purchasing Dole floats, the CM serving them asked DS and me why we didn't have "I'm Celebrating" buttons for DW's birthday and gave us each one.
- if you have a car or are staying south on Harbor Blvd. (or don't mind a long walk), I recommend a visit to Joe's Italian Ice (http://joesice.com/). Not just great Italian ice but fantastic customer service, as well.

Any more info I can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Man alive! Hope you feel better soon, now that you have antibiotics/mess on board.
I'm definitely feeling better and the swelling is going down. Hopefully by Thursday I will be good to go. I've seen the weather reports and am concerned to but I am hoping that they don't just have torrential rain that goes for days the way we do on the NW Coast. And it seems to be changing every day (getting worse for our days) so I'm hoping that it will continue to change and get back to a sunny forecast.

Well had a great and productive weekend...not completely packed, but a good solid start & laundry was completed, placed hold on mail. Work next 2 days so will have to finish up last minute packing in evenings prior, fly out WED am.

Another surprise, when we travel to SanDiego to stay at our timeshare (near Legoland) we were offered to listen to update on new website for owners (1 hour) and they will provide us with 2 adult zoo tickets $100 savings. :flower1:
Now just have to make sure I don't take my wallet to meeting so we don't get talked into more points hahaha

Never bring your wallet to one of those meetings! lol Just checked the weather again and it changed--now it's supposed to rain every day we're there! Hopefully it will continue to change! But I am guessing that with this forecast, we need to hit every outdoor thing we want to do as soon as possible and not assume that it will always be happening. Going to try to not be too stuck to my plan I guess. Satye1, you're at 48 hours! Good luck getting it all done!

Never bring your wallet to one of those meetings! lol Just checked the weather again and it changed--now it's supposed to rain every day we're there! Hopefully it will continue to change! But I am guessing that with this forecast, we need to hit every outdoor thing we want to do as soon as possible and not assume that it will always be happening. Going to try to not be too stuck to my plan I guess. Satye1, you're at 48 hours! Good luck getting it all done!
Ponchos & umbrellas are getting packed!

Ponchos & umbrellas are getting packed!
Just checked again and Saturday is sunny again! Hopefully their definition of rain is not like the Pacific Northwest! I'm heading to the dollar store tomorrow morning and getting lots of ponchos and packing the rain boots just in case. Hopefully I'm just wasting space in my suitcase! Travel safely!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter