JANUARY 2017!! **CHECK IN!!

So excited! We leave tonight. We told our girls last night- this trip is for my youngest's fifth birthday. She was over the moon and could hardly sleep! I'm so relieved it has stopped raining down there. I'm hopeful the winds won't be too bad because I really want to see the fireworks.

Does anyone have any reports on the Chinese New Year activities? I am most excited about those. I wanted to see it last year, but it didn't line up with our planned trips.

So excited! We leave tonight. We told our girls last night- this trip is for my youngest's fifth birthday. She was over the moon and could hardly sleep! I'm so relieved it has stopped raining down there. I'm hopeful the winds won't be too bad because I really want to see the fireworks.

Does anyone have any reports on the Chinese New Year activities? I am most excited about those. I wanted to see it last year, but it didn't line up with our planned trips.
There is a lunar performance & some displays & food booths in DCA near goofies ride. We caught part of performance one evening & it was pretty cool!

When you say the viewing areas were all full do you mean the reserved viewing areas or just everywhere along the parade route near IASW? We have reserved viewing for Friday, feb. 3rd & I heard those areas are significantly smaller than it was for PTN. Nervous we are going to get no space after paying a premium for it! :/

I mean all open viewing areas. I don't know for sure on the reserved viewing areas, but the IASM viewing area was a bit smaller than it was for PTN. I was on the opposite end, so I couldn't see how full it was.

We're at our hotel now! Can't wait to go to the parks in the morning.

I've been watching the DL app today, checking out wait times. It looks like RSR is temporarily closed (and has been since early afternoon). Does anyone know if it's actually shut down??

It was shut down all afternoon. Hopefully they will get it back up & running by morning.

I hope everyone there today has a great day! I am ready to go back already. Weather in winter just makes me want to be in California!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter