January 2013 Discounts

Can anyone who got a pin confirm if they are being sent to customers from south America too?

I originally took 2day passes with my SPD. When I learned the deal actually gives adults passes and dining for kids prices I started to think...we won't use the passes this trip as we are using year passes that expire in Feb. Usually we would upgrade SPD passes the next time we need passes. It seems to me a 6 day adult pass purchased at kids price upgraded after you enter a park( to upgrade value to current adult price) would be worth more than doing the same with a 2 day pass. Does this make any sense?

There isn't a big price difference between the adult passes and the kids passes.
ex: 10 day adult pass $318
10 day child pass $300

6 day adult pass $278
6 day child pass $260

2 day adult pass $176
2 day child pass $164

If if was us, we would just buy the least number of days required by the package.

I've also heard that they charge you the difference between the price you paid for the ticket and the new price of the ticket you're upgrading to, not sure if this is accurate though.....

Yes we also got a free dining pin. Not sure I want the hassle of calling again and running numbers. We're already saving about $1000 (WL, 7 days, park hopper, dining plan) so I might just call it good enough! :)

It looks like several folks got the PIN even though they already had reservations booked. That's good news! I reserved our package back in September and figured there'd be no way I'd get a PIN - but there's hope.

Although I think FD would only save us another $80 but that's still $80 in my pocket!

I had received an e-mail so went back & checked it. But it was just a standard save 30% - basically when I went in it appears it offers the package discount deal that we booked already.

I finally did our WdW reservation!
I did call to WdW, but their best deal was near 10K! Ok, I did some downgrades online, but in the end, it looks pretty fine (6K):
2 adults + 1 child (3)
12/30 to 01/02 PORFQ (RO) no discounts! 850
01/02 to 01/06 BCR-CL (s/p/d promo) 2800
01/06 to 01/10 DCL Dream (8B) 1900
01/10 to 01/13 CSR (RO promo) 500
Now, I'm waiting if I'll get my PIN mail for FD!

Good luck everybody!

For the P/S/D do you have to book at least 2 park day tickets?

In order to book dining do you have to add park tickets?

I would like to book 4 nights RO with quick dining, is there a minimum ticket I would need to add?

My dates 1/2 to 1/6. :flower3:

No. I just booked it with 1 day tickets, we have APs.

We had a RO at FQ with CAA 20% discount. I calculated it out, this package was same price at Riveside, so I think with this promo I ended up getting the 30% discount at FQ . Honestly I can't figure out how they calculate the packages, but I figured out we got the DDP for $38? And room discount. Had to do a lot of Disney Math, and I'll use 1 day ticket for AP renewal.

No. I just booked it with 1 day tickets, we have APs.

We had a RO at FQ with CAA 20% discount. I calculated it out, this package was same price at Riveside, so I think with this promo I ended up getting the 30% discount at FQ . Honestly I can't figure out how they calculate the packages, but I figured out we got the DDP for $38? And room discount. Had to do a lot of Disney Math, and I'll use 1 day ticket for AP renewal.

Thanks I did call back last night because on the first call the CM implied there was a five night minimum, not true I was able to book 4 nights:cheer2:

Thanks I did call back last night because on the first call the CM implied there was a five night minimum, not true I was able to book 4 nights:cheer2:

Glad it worked out for you. Not sure what the minimum stay for promo is, we are staying 10 nights, but was able to just add the 1 day ticket to get this promo.
If I get a cm who isn't quite up to speed, I always call back!!!

It looks like it would be more cost effective to add 4 day base tickets to my 4 night stay on this new offer.

2 adults 2 over 10 yrs. with 4 day tickets $1585

With a one day tickets $1071

We currently have two 4 day tickets

So to upgrade 2 one day base tickets would be 232 x 2= $464 not including tax or the fact that there maybe an up charge because they are discounted tickets.

Is this correct? Need someone with disney math skills:flower3:

So EXCITED!! Haven't gotten a pin via mail or email but I just called and there was a Free Dining pin attached to my name!! Saved another $220!!!

POP standard room 7 Nights, 2adults, 2 children
Free QS dining
6 day base tickets
$1936
YAYAYAYAYAY!

I just saved $628 by adding a day to our trip, in regard to airfare. Just $200 to add the day to the package.:banana:

Kristallc said:
Got a PIN for free dining, which is awesome, since i have 3 children (19,11,and 9)
We r staying at por. , all 5 of us.
With s/p/d offer, we saved $1253.82, but with free dining we save $1598.04.
At some point room had to be upgraded to garden veiw (it was for s/p/d)
but im very happy
jan 26th - feb 2nd :cool1:

These are the exact dates we are going and we'll be at POR too!

Just booked our flights for January! woo hooooooooooo :yay: We switched from the AoA/LM room to the POFQ and actually saved money with the P/S/D plan. Things seem to be falling into place. Now what do I do for the next 2 1/2 months? :rolleyes1

I was actually at Disney on Wed staying at the Pop Century just for a quick trip with my Mom. I had no problem logging on first thing at 7am and booking the Poly for a decent rate for our dates. January 24-31st. Woohoo!

We have never stayed at the Poly before - never been able to afford it. This time we can do it with the discount combined with the fact that we already have tickets (we got APs just for this year only). I did the room only discount because we have APs and the TIW discount for dining. We will be celebrating a big milestone birthday for my husband, so this will be huge. Probably the only time we can do a deluxe, but we are going to enjoy it big time. My kids are so excited. :cheer2:

Just booked our flights for January! woo hooooooooooo :yay: We switched from the AoA/LM room to the POFQ and actually saved money with the P/S/D plan. Things seem to be falling into place. Now what do I do for the next 2 1/2 months? :rolleyes1

I booked our flights a few months back. We ended up getting them for $90 roundtrip so $180 wasn't too bad for the flights (non-stop). Unfortunately, the only dates I could get this deal for was 16 days (obviously too long for any package deal). We ended up changing one of the flights yesterday (we originally had January 28 to February 12; now it is February 4 to February 12 (we are headed down at the end of October for a week) and had to pay about $300 to change the flights (which of course sucked) but saved us money in the end.

The package (missing a day) was going to cost us around $4000 (plus another day and changing hotels and such and not getting meals for the whole time we were there). We ended up getting it (with our new dates) for around $2600 (including PH tickets, Garden view at Riverside (with preferred being no extra charge), and added insurance (which we always get)). Definitely saved us quite a bit of money changing the flights. Everyone else we are traveling with is going for those dates so it made sense to change them.

Because we are Canadian, when we phoned, we actually got the deal for less than I had priced. I guess there was some sort of deal on the PSDS deal for Canadians (I priced it at just over $2700 but we got it for $2600).

The person we talked to on the phone was right on the ball too. Normally it takes a while before we receive our confirmation from Disney via email. As soon as I checked my email after getting off the phone, the email had arrived. He also put down to receive a character call (my mom mentioned I would be celebrating my birthday (it is on January 15 but we always celebrate it when we head to the parks in February) which none of the Disney reps have ever put on before (even if we were asked if we would be celebrating anything) which was a nice addition. He also put down the special requests my mom mentioned (being close to the food court/buses, ground floor, etc.)

Overall, I am happy with the deal we got. I checked and getting free dining would save us an extra $300 or so which isn't too bad.

I also like how there are 2 vouchers for mini golf per room instead of the usual one per room. My mom and I always go mini golfing when we visit Disney and at first I thought it might have been a glitch but noticed others got that (and the DisneyQuest vouchers).

I also booked all of our ADR last night. Wasn't able to get Be Our Guest (which I didn't expect to get anyways) but am happy with the ones I did book - Tony's Town Square (D), Boma (B), Whispering Canyon (D), T-Rex (D), Trail's End (B; have never ate here before), Tutto Italia (D; was closed when we visited in February but I loved this one last year), Kona (D), Coral Reef (D). Since it is just me and my mom, she loves breakfast but I didn't really want any with the characters (we have visited so many times) so the choices are kind of limited, lol :)

We ended up getting it (with our new dates) for around $2600 (including PH tickets, Garden view at Riverside (with preferred being no extra charge), and added insurance (which we always get)). Definitely saved us quite a bit of money changing the flights. Everyone else we are traveling with is going for those dates so it made sense to change them.

Because we are Canadian, when we phoned, we actually got the deal for less than I had priced. I guess there was some sort of deal on the PSDS deal for Canadians (I priced it at just over $2700 but we got it for $2600).

Interesting. We are also Canadian, but we are paying exactly what it quotes out for us on the Disney site. There was no mention of there being extra deal for being Canadian.

And how did you get the preferred room at no extra charge? We are booked in a preferred room and was just planning to put a request in for no parking lot view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter