January 2013 Discounts

Got a PIN e-mail yesterday afternoon after I booked. I called today to see if I could apply it since it was Free Dining, and turns out I had already applied it but when I called yesterday, the lady said it only applied to value resorts.

Jenna, my CM today, said that was true but she was able to look into it more so now we're at (2 adults) PORS for 10 nights, with 7-day base tickets, and free reg DDP and the total is 2550.80. Not bad for having our food, tickets, and lodging all covered under one bill when I have a food processor for a DBF (Disney is the only place where he ever eats enough to be full on a daily basis).

We upgraded from a water view to a river view on a magic your way plus dining trip to get a 1492.28 refund thru or TA.

We went the Room Only route (RO).

We're staying at a deluxe resort for 7 nights.

Going Q85 would have saved us $830
RO SAVED us: $1057.78!!

WHOOP!

Ask your CM to try both ways!

As I posted yesterday, when I called I was told there was nothing available at POFQ. I saw a mention of free dining today so I called again - no free dining pin code available for us. However, she looked and we could upgrade from a standard room at POFQ to a Riverview room at POFQ and save $330. Needless to say, come January, I'm going to be enjoying a view of the Sassagoula River from POFQ. So glad I called back!

I just booked P/S/D in a "preferred room" at POR for 1/26-1/30 for 3 adults (me, wife, exchange student) with 3 days in the parks for $1767. I also booked Sun Country Airlines for $593 ($98/person/each way). Exciting! Without the discount it would have been $2370, so we saved $603!

The P/S/D package made the cost very close to staying off-site, renting a car, and paying for food as we go, Disney may even be a little cheaper!

For the P/S/D do you have to book at least 2 park day tickets?

In order to book dining do you have to add park tickets?

I would like to book 4 nights RO with quick dining, is there a minimum ticket I would need to add?

My dates 1/2 to 1/6. :flower3:

Got my discount online!
ASMu
1/09-1/14 for 3 people
2 Day Park Tickets
Upgrade to regular dining =
$1634.

This is $600 less than the same package with no discount, and about $200 less than if we added tickets and dining to the room only offer. We hadn't considered the dining plan before, but we are aleady going to BoG, 1900 Park Fare, and Chef Mickeys. Now we can add 2 more table service and eat whatever we want counter service for less than we'd end up paying for just these and counter service lunches!

I originally took 2day passes with my SPD. When I learned the deal actually gives adults passes and dining for kids prices I started to think...we won't use the passes this trip as we are using year passes that expire in Feb. Usually we would upgrade SPD passes the next time we need passes. It seems to me a 6 day adult pass purchased at kids price upgraded after you enter a park( to upgrade value to current adult price) would be worth more than doing the same with a 2 day pass. Does this make any sense?

Just booked S/P/D for 6 nights (1/6 - 1/12) @ POP Standard
2 Adults
5-day MYW base tickets
Upgraded to Regular Dining
$1556

Not quite as good as Free Dining last year (same number of nights at CSR was ~$1650) but I'll take it.

Anyone get a PIN for free dining after booking S/P/D??

yooperfan said:
I originally took 2day passes with my SPD. When I learned the deal actually gives adults passes and dining for kids prices I started to think...we won't use the passes this trip as we are using year passes that expire in Feb. Usually we would upgrade SPD passes the next time we need passes. It seems to me a 6 day adult pass purchased at kids price upgraded after you enter a park( to upgrade value to current adult price) would be worth more than doing the same with a 2 day pass. Does this make any sense?

Once you enter the park with the ticket you must use up the days with 14 days unless you add no expiration.

Got a PIN for free dining, which is awesome, since i have 3 children (19,11,and 9)
We r staying at por. , all 5 of us.
With s/p/d offer, we saved $1253.82, but with free dining we save $1598.04.
At some point room had to be upgraded to garden veiw (it was for s/p/d)
but im very happy
jan 26th - feb 2nd :cool1:

Does any of you folks know, if there has ever been PIN codes out which never became avalible for general public?
Just wondering whether or not the FD will be released for GP some day?? :p

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i got pin code yesterday afternoon, hours after booking s/p/d
it came in my oldest sons name, which is how i ordered the free video for this trip several months ago. have had "rack" reservations since the day packages came out

Mind if I ask you to tell me if I did my math right here:

2 adults Jan 9-19, looking at Pop and PORS right now.

Child 7-day ticket: 287.55
Dining plan: 17.16
Per person total: 334.71

334.71 * 2 = 672.42 plus room?

I can't seem to get a non SPD room check anymore. All links are leading to that package offer so I can't check my room rack rates currently for Pop and PORS.

January 9-19 is 10 nights and 11 days. Disney will let you get a 10 day ticket instead of 11, but they won't let you get a 7 day ticket for an 11 day stay. A 10 day no hopper ticket is $300, hopper is $357. The dining is $171.60 for 10 nights. Add the two together and you get $471.60 or $528.60 per person. Multiply that times 2, and you have $953.60 or $1057.20. To this you add the undiscounted room price to find your s/p/d price.

January 9-19 is 10 nights and 11 days. Disney will let you get a 10 day ticket instead of 11, but they won't let you get a 7 day ticket for an 11 day stay. A 10 day no hopper ticket is $300, hopper is $357. The dining is $171.60 for 10 nights. Add the two together and you get $471.60 or $528.60 per person. Multiply that times 2, and you have $953.60 or $1057.20. To this you add the undiscounted room price to find your s/p/d price.

They will let you get a 7 day ticket for an 11 day stay. We just booked 11 nights, 12 days with 6 day hopper and fun ticket. They didn't have any problem with it. :)

That is false

They will let you get a 7 day ticket for an 11 day stay. We just booked 11 nights, 12 days with 6 day hopper and fun ticket. They didn't have any problem with it. :)

I too have booked longer stays than tickets. Just booked one for an 8 night stay with 5 day passes. No issues. Just because you stay at their resorts doesn't mean you have to buy tickets for the same length of stay. There is many things you can do on property besides just the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter