January 2013 Discounts

Ultimately, while we choose to make our time at WDW super happy and fabulous, the business machine that is Disney is not concerned with my happiness. They are, and have been for some time, only concerned with shareholder profits. I'm ok with that - I'd love to see them give a nod to customer loyalty, but they don't. I still choose to throw them my cash because I feel the product offered is worth it. It is what it is if you want to love Disney - there is no need to try and romanticize them. The joy and wonder comes with you - and is found in those cast members who also make it important. It just 'ain't' something corporate gives a crud about :).

Having worked corporate jobs for over 30 years, with my last real job as VP, I can certainly commiserate about the "heartless business machine". I'm sure Disney fits that model at some level, yet they are able to do things other corporations can't... foster imagination and creativity to create an experience that we will pay dearly for. And they are not afraid to spend money to keep the WDW facility in top shape (other corporations cut, cut, and cut some more).

My son was in the College Program at WDW a few years ago, and Disney did a great job with the kids. The company even went over the top in providing fun things for them to do in their off-time. They realize that treating employees well is essential to having employees treat guests well, which is needed to provide the "magic" we crave. Other companies treat their employees terribly, and wonder why threats and intimidation don't work.

There is a lot for other companies to learn from Disney. And they teach it at the Disney Institute. However, coming home from such a course and getting the ideas accepted in a traditional corporation would likely be difficult!

What discount are you looking for. The SPD discount saved us $1793. We booked that discount before the price change. If FD comes out it would save us a couple hundred more. But I am happy for what we did get. It came out to almost free dining. It was $44.82 per person per day off of our original booking.

We are AP holders, and Florida residents. There is usually a discount we can use at this time of year--has been that way for our last four trips in Jan. Not this year--AP rate plus dining has no discount as of yet. We have a RO discount,but we would like to pay for dining plan. Rack rate plus dining plus a package charge is not a discount.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter