January 2013 Discounts

I got a PIN for the free dining but we already have tickets, I'm wondering if the PIN is requiring a 2 day ticket for purchase to get the free dining or if it is allowing one? Might make sense for us to do if we can buy only one day tickets. Otherwise I think I'll keep my room at the Swan with my Starwood points.

Nevermind, answerd my own question. I was able to click through and sign on t obook the deal online and it is a 2 day ticket min as usual. Just isn't working out to be worth it for us.

Interesting. We are also Canadian, but we are paying exactly what it quotes out for us on the Disney site. There was no mention of there being extra deal for being Canadian.

And how did you get the preferred room at no extra charge? We are booked in a preferred room and was just planning to put a request in for no parking lot view.

When we talked to the guy on the phone, he mentioned how we were Canadians and it came out slightly less money. When I searched online, I couldn't find anything about this so not really sure.

My mom is visually impaired and we have always been put in a preferred room at no extra charge. She mentions that she needs to be near the food court and buses.

I've not been on in a while. I know Free Dining hasn't been announced for 2013 for U.S. citizens (yet, *fingers crossed*) but I got a pretty good deal for my flight last week so I booked it while I could and am ready to go ahead and book the hotel and park package. But if FD is announced later I can add it on even if I've already booked, correct? Just wanted to double check beforehand! Thanks in advance!! :)

I've not been on in a while. I know Free Dining hasn't been announced for 2013 for U.S. citizens (yet, *fingers crossed*) but I got a pretty good deal for my flight last week so I booked it while I could and am ready to go ahead and book the hotel and park package. But if FD is announced later I can add it on even if I've already booked, correct? Just wanted to double check beforehand! Thanks in advance!! :)

yes, as far as I know. We book through Magical Journeys and if any discounts come out, including free dining after we are booked, they apply it for us. :thumbsup2

I called s couple days ago and the CM told me that the S/P/D is the next reincarnation of free dining. She said that a free dining pin code is not out of the realm of possibility though. I would book the new promotion before the rooms run out!

dakotix said:
I called s couple days ago and the CM told me that the S/P/D is the next reincarnation of free dining. She said that a free dining pin code is not out of the realm of possibility though. I would book the new promotion before the rooms run out!

I got a free dining code pin code about a week ago, but had to be staying 5 days to use it. We're not there that long this time.

online quote for POP was $2005 for 2 adults and a child including 5 day ticket, dis plus dining plan, insurance for Jan 27 - Feb 2...not sure if this is a good deal or not..with the stay play and dine package...crunching numbers it looks to be a $383 savings...free dining would be about $700 savings...debate rages on

dakotix said:

I agree. I was able to get the p/s/d plan in a moderate for cheaper than a value. When I called my agent to make the switch she basically called it free dining. Said the value we booked (AOA-LM) wasn't included but the moderates were. So we upgraded to POFQ.

We were staying Poly, booked under the discount... 4 adults, 1 child. Got a free dining PIN and, when that was applied, we had far bigger savings with the hotel discount. The trip, 7 days, 6 nights, Poly with 7 day hoppers for everybody and DDP was $5600. Same package with free dining was $4500. So our initial savings with the free dining are huge, but with the way we eat, it'll just get bigger.

I know that free dining is on the way out this year, which bums me out, as our savings were so huge. But with all that's been added to Disney and the hype over FL, there's no need to do something like free dining to get people in anymore.

That said, loving how available reservations are for places around Disney for January. :thumbsup2

I agree. I was able to get the p/s/d plan in a moderate for cheaper than a value. When I called my agent to make the switch she basically called it free dining. Said the value we booked (AOA-LM) wasn't included but the moderates were. So we upgraded to POFQ.

We were booked at AoA-LM for 9 nights. Switching to Pop saved us $600 (assuming buying the dining plan at AoA) and switching to a mod would have saved us even ~$200. A little bummed because my DD really wanted to stay in a mermaid room. I can't justify that kind of price difference, however.

I just got a new offer from Disney Destinations! But, darn it, it was the same Stay/Play/Dine offer I've already booked! :) still hoping for free dining!!

Got another PIN for free dining in the mail today. I got one a few weeks ago in e-mail. Wish they were transferable so someone else could use it...

Got another PIN for free dining in the mail today. I got one a few weeks ago in e-mail. Wish they were transferable so someone else could use it...

Yeah it's too bad they don't work like the tag fairy, you whine enough and you get one :lmao::rotfl2: I want a pin, I want a pin:upsidedow:):upsidedow

Yeah, I got 3 or 4 pins in the last few years that I couldn't use. Still very thankful for the discount I did get, but saving a few hundred more would be even better, of course. :)

With our pin, it was my sister's... I went to use it and the CM said she had to be in the travel party to apply it. I told her she wasn't so I couldn't use it. And she said "Are you sure she's not coming? Because you can add your sister to your party when you book, and if it turns out she can't go, you can always switch her out with somebody else..." ;)

With our pin, it was my sister's... I went to use it and the CM said she had to be in the travel party to apply it. I told her she wasn't so I couldn't use it. And she said "Are you sure she's not coming? Because you can add your sister to your party when you book, and if it turns out she can't go, you can always switch her out with somebody else..." ;)

Nice!!:thumbsup2

Great! would love if we could get something like that! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter