January 2013 Discounts

I had previously booked POR standard room for Jan. 10-14 (marathon weekend). Called exactly at 7am this morning and they were having all kinds of problems. Could not find my resi, name or anything. Was told I should call back later, but he would mark my whatever and I would get the discount. I was out of the house for several hours, but when I got home I did receive a call from Disney. The nice lady told me that the only discounted rooms they had were only for the Royal garden view rooms. She said the room I had reserved did not have any discounts for it. Actually, none of the cheaper rooms had the discount for that time frame. I can't go with a Royal room because my 8 year old son would kill me. Not sure what to do because POR is not worth rack rate prices. Did anyone else not get a discount on cheaper already booked rooms?

I had previously booked POR standard room for Jan. 10-14 (marathon weekend). Called exactly at 7am this morning and they were having all kinds of problems. Could not find my resi, name or anything. Was told I should call back later, but he would mark my whatever and I would get the discount. I was out of the house for several hours, but when I got home I did receive a call from Disney. The nice lady told me that the only discounted rooms they had were only for the Royal garden view rooms. She said the room I had reserved did not have any discounts for it. Actually, none of the cheaper rooms had the discount for that time frame. I can't go with a Royal room because my 8 year old son would kill me. Not sure what to do because POR is not worth rack rate prices. Did anyone else not get a discount on cheaper already booked rooms?

The room I had booked was not included in today's advertised discount rates either; however, I got a small discount on my AKL savannah view room using a Disney travel agent. I contacted her and she was able to find a discount for us. I don't know if you're using a TA, but if you are staying for 3 nights or longer you can use a Disney TA and pay no commission fees! This might be an option for you to consider. Good luck!

gatorchinsky said:

We got a preferred (non royal) room but they had garden rooms and i think water view when I called earlier.

You may want to just call back and verify the info you have. I know a lot of people on here, myself included, were consistently told different things by the CMs, so before changing things it may not hurt to just try someone different.

I will save $1094 with RO discount
I would save $ 979 with S/P/D.
It is fairly close, but we are not big eaters/never eat dessert. DDP not good deal for us. Past experience says we will beat DDP cost by $200, even with TS each day. So I am going RO. If we could maximize the DDP, it would probably be worth going with the S/P/D.

January 2-7, 2013
GF-LV

Full Price

$3125 Lagoon View
$1184 Tickets
$1112 Dining

$5421 Total Full Price

S/P/D

Dining 4 adults 5 nights
6 day base tickets 4 adults

$4442 S/P/D Saves us $979

Same Deal RO
From $3125 to $2031 (35% Off) RO 5 nights Saves us $1094

We are staying New Year's Day at POR since it was $933 with tax for our GFLV room New Year's Day! $274.50 for New Year's Day at POR. That is all my gas for the 3000 mile roundtrip in my Suburban!

Holy cow! My travel agent got us a discount of $105.21 on a 5 night stay. Not a huge discount, but that will pay for our Jiko dinner!

Thanks fla4fun for the suggestion!!!! And good luck to everyone else on their discounts!

We are staying 5 nights with a Savannah room as well. When I booked with the discount we saved almost $400! Did you price out the p/s/d offer and the RO offer?

There is a RO offer for AKL savannah but it's only 5%. However, with the p/s/d we were able to save more.

We have the DDP though so the p/s/d may have saved us more with that plan? If you want to PM me I can give you our exact details if you want to compare.

FreitasFarm said:
DISAPPOINTED!

Looks like the discount is not included on AKL savannah view rooms! We were really hoping to get some sort of discount :sad: Staying in the savannah view room has been something I've been looking forward to for years. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Disney will offer some type of discount on our room rates before January. sigh....

Just priced out some resorts for my dates, and I'm able to book AKL Savannah view (both accessible and not)
But maybe Disney exclude the savannah view for some dates? :o
I get a quote of $3530 - 5 nights (1/2-1/7), 6 days, 4 adults and reg dining plan...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Got our discount today. Had to call back three times and was on hold for over 4 hours total, but it was worth it. CM saved us $2093.40 with the 35% room only rate. Staying at the Grand Floridian 9 days 8 nights DDDP 2 adult 3 children ( 15,12,10 ) January 10th -18th . :wizard: thank goodness for a little disney magic, lol.

On our dates (Jan 29-Feb 6), the discount is available for all categories of rooms at POR except the standard rooms. It might have to do with the fact that it is marathon weekend. :confused3

Our dates are 21-26, staying at POFQ. The RO discount was only to save 37$. Boo. Quoted 1940$ for dining promo. Can I do better?

mya174 said:
Our dates are 21-26, staying at POFQ. The RO discount was only to save 37$. Boo. Quoted 1940$ for dining promo. Can I do better?

Meant to add 2 adults/2 kids (plus 2 yr old). Bummed there wasn't a bigger discount.

The final deal I decided to go with.

1/28-2/7
POFQ (standard room)
2 adults/2 disney adults
1 day base tickets (we already bought our tickets using UT)
ddp
$2900

:cool1: (This will be our first time at a Mod. We have only ever stayed at Pop!)

We changed our dd9's age to 10 for the tickets and dining.

Terri

called the spanish line.. got someone right away!... but reservations are not showing..

Thanks for the tip.

I don't speak Spanish but my travel agent who I had an appointment with at 10am does. We got the line immediately no waiting at all.

5 Adults / 2 rooms
14 nights Caribbean Beach Resort
10 Days Park Ticket with Hopper (We will upgrade to AP on the second day)
Regular Dining

Original packaged price including plane from Canada $14600 (Without Travel insurance)
With the P/S/D promotion. Grand Total including flight and Travel Insurance. 11600$

So we Saved over $3000

Hi,

Today I reserved the AKL standard view room for Jan 16-21. We have 5 day magic your Way Base Tix and the Dx Plus Dining. Two adults and two children (6&9). Does this price seem right : $3575.00

Thanks!

Hi,

Today I reserved the AKL standard view room for Jan 16-21. We have 5 day magic your Way Base Tix and the Dx Plus Dining. Two adults and two children (6&9). Does this price seem right : $3575.00

Thanks!

Yup - sounds right with AKL and the DX DP!

We are staying 5 nights with a Savannah room as well. When I booked with the discount we saved almost $400! Did you price out the p/s/d offer and the RO offer?

There is a RO offer for AKL savannah but it's only 5%. However, with the p/s/d we were able to save more.

We have the DDP though so the p/s/d may have saved us more with that plan? If you want to PM me I can give you our exact details if you want to compare.

We got the room only discount. We are 3 hours from the Mouse and we plan on getting FL resident seasonal passes, so the S/P/D wouldn't be right for us. Hopefully more discounts will be released before we leave.

POFQ gets no love with the discounts. Only 5%. Try pricing out POR or another mod and see what the savings will be.

We did Wilderness for 1/10 - 1/16.

Total price $3987.20 which includes standard view, 4 day hoppers, plus the plan with 1 TS, 1CS & 1 snak per day for 6 nights. About $2000 higher than room only w/discount, however, tickets alone would be $1250. So basically $750 for food for 6 days (probably breakfast in room). We could eat cheaper on our own, but this will make a different type of trip with more table service meals. Normally only do one.

More than I have ever spent on a Disney vacation. Ugh.

Oh - first gal was very helpful. Second guy didn't have a clue. Told me that all the packages were gone for Wilderness - only full price on packages. I was surprised as we were talking a very short gap in time there. Couldn't look on computer as I was at work. Did room only with him & then called back again. 3rd fellow was great again - said yes packages were available. Booked package - cancelled room only.

Did dining ressies tonight to cover the TS meals.

On hold for half and hour yesterday only to be told that the RO discount at POFQ is only 5% !!! I did not change our reservation though because we really want to stay here again. This was the very first resort we stayed at with our kids when they were little!! We have since stayed at POR, BC, BoardWalk, CB, and the Swan. But POFQ holds a special place in my heart and we really want to stay here again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter