Jan 2012 code watch, Yes its early, but keep your eyes open

We're planning on Jan 5-12, or Jan 10-17 (depending on if DH has to go to drill for National Guard either of those weekends).
Really hoping for a room discount!

That is awesome, check out Davids DVC site, we rented points and are staying at VWL. We're not interested in free dining and just wanted an inexpensive room. We were going to stay at Pop untill we saw how we could stay at a Villa for just a bit more.

I would love to do that, but I'm just not sure how the whole thing works?

We've stayed at BWV twice, but booked through Disney, I've never rented points. :)

That is awesome, check out Davids DVC site, we rented points and are staying at VWL. We're not interested in free dining and just wanted an inexpensive room. We were going to stay at Pop untill we saw how we could stay at a Villa for just a bit more.

What is Davids DVC site and is it reliable? Have you used it before or know anyone who has?

got my flights for Jan 29- Feb 3, luckily we had enough skymiles to get them for $5 each! :cool1:

I'm shocked because I had been checking and Delta had nothing for nonstops for 25K miles before, and then when I checked the other day, they must have added some. :thumbsup2

Now I need a discount on the room, wish my annual pass didn't expire this month. :guilty: I'm probably not going to renew though because I don't think I can squeeze in another trip in 2012.

I'm jealous!

I want to book flights because then my husband can't try to get me to cancel (haha) and our airline hasn't released anything yet. :confused3

We're booked for Januar 26-February 1st! I hope they have some type of promotion going on for these days!!! I'll keep praying lol!

I'm jealous!

I want to book flights because then my husband can't try to get me to cancel (haha) and our airline hasn't released anything yet. :confused3

Thanks!

To actually be able to get direct flights with 25k in skymiles is amazing. :rotfl2: Delta usually makes it quite difficult to pull off.

We're also lucky that my husband goes to Japan for work a couple of times a year, so we rack up the miles pretty easily. My husband used to be able to charge the whole business trip to our Disney visa, so we'd get a ton of disney dollars, but they made him get a corporate card recently, bummer. :rotfl2:

What is Davids DVC site and is it reliable? Have you used it before or know anyone who has?

Our friends have used them 2x and we're using them for our January trip. www.dvcrequest.com Their actually a sponsor on here too.

You email them with your request and a $65 deposit. Done within 24 hours of request. If they are able to get you what you want you have to pay then the remainder of the balance. You're able to log onto Disney and see your reservation. You even let them know if you need the Disney transfer. So easy and hassle free to work with. They get right back to you with any questions and have an 800 number.

You can also try the DVC Rent/Trade boards which would be another good way to get a great deal.

I was just coming to look for something for Jan - I really wanna surprise my kids for Christmas - and go Jan 1-8 or so!! Was thinking maybe 31st ...does disney do special things for NYE?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the August 13, as rumored, code release has 40% off discounts for AKL during my dates and other Jan dates for you all.

Thanks!

To actually be able to get direct flights with 25k in skymiles is amazing. :rotfl2: Delta usually makes it quite difficult to pull off.

We're also lucky that my husband goes to Japan for work a couple of times a year, so we rack up the miles pretty easily. My husband used to be able to charge the whole business trip to our Disney visa, so we'd get a ton of disney dollars, but they made him get a corporate card recently, bummer. :rotfl2:

ohhh that would have been sweet! Lots of rewards!! :eek:

They finally released our flights! I bought them! And changed our dates... :rolleyes1

Going January 19-28! Excited is an understatement. Really, really, really hoping for some sort of discount, though!! Free dining would be amazing for that long!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the August 13, as rumored, code release has 40% off discounts for AKL during my dates and other Jan dates for you all.

Is this really the rumored date for when discounts will be released?

Is this really the rumored date for when discounts will be released?

That's when many current offers and PINs expire. Multiple CMs have been suggesting that fall offers could come in August. August 16, 2010, there was a big batch of 2010-2011 offers.

So there is speculation that there are likely to be new offers released August 15th. Those offers may just be for Oct-Dec, or they may include early 2012 dates.

OH PLEASE SAY IT'S TRUE, AM DESPERATELY SEEKING A 40% OFF FOR MY 2/25 - 3/4/12 STAY, WOULD BE SO HAPPY, I WOULD SCREAM:banana::yay::dance3:

OH PLEASE SAY IT'S TRUE, AM DESPERATELY SEEKING A 40% OFF FOR MY 2/25 - 3/4/12 STAY, WOULD BE SO HAPPY, I WOULD SCREAM:banana::yay::dance3:

We're booking Jan 5th to 10th at AKL. I'm hoping for a 40% off code since all we need is tickets and room. I'm hoping but expecting it won't happen for my dates. Last year we got free dinning but came in on Wednesday before marathon weekend. This year we're coming in on Thursday. The cut off date last year for free dinning was Wednesday before marathon weekend otherwise after. I guess one can hope!

For some reason, I thought there was FD offered during Marathon this year (2011). Is that not true?

I'm holding off booking our January trip (Jan 7-12) hoping for FD... The airfare is awesome now though and not sure what to do! I have to decide if we would change our dates to get FD. If we're sticking with Jan 7-12, I guess no reason to not at least book the airfare. I have a feeling the airfare will go up the same time Disney releases a promo, if they do.

Also, how is Marathon weekend crowd-wise?

For some reason, I thought there was FD offered during Marathon this year (2011). Is that not true?

I'm holding off booking our January trip (Jan 7-12) hoping for FD... The airfare is awesome now though and not sure what to do! I have to decide if we would change our dates to get FD. If we're sticking with Jan 7-12, I guess no reason to not at least book the airfare. I have a feeling the airfare will go up the same time Disney releases a promo, if they do.

Also, how is Marathon weekend crowd-wise?

Hi Beth - We have been there for Marathon weekend twice now and haven't noticed a real uptick in visitors. Weekend transportation can be slowed up, however, so take that into account. But the parks themselves were just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter