Jan 2012 code watch, Yes its early, but keep your eyes open

My group just changed our trip plans to Jan instead of December and I am really hoping for a discount to make it even more affordable (saving some just by going in Jan.). Fingers crossed they will be early because packages are out already!

Considering going 1/11-1/18 for DD's 7th birthday... What is the history of codes in January? We normally are Labor Day folks- and there's ALWAYS a free dining code during that time... How 'bout the history of January? Is it very rare, is it normally a % off or free dining- can some of the experienced January WDW visitors help with some previous code experience? Thanks very much!!

Considering going 1/11-1/18 for DD's 7th birthday... What is the history of codes in January? We normally are Labor Day folks- and there's ALWAYS a free dining code during that time... How 'bout the history of January? Is it very rare, is it normally a % off or free dining- can some of the experienced January WDW visitors help with some previous code experience? Thanks very much!!

Last year Free Dining was available during parts of January, but I know the check-in dates excluded MLK weekend as well as the few days before and after. The 2 years prior to that was the Buy 4, Get 3 days free specials in Jan & Feb, but I'm not sure if MLK weekend was included or excluded.

Edited to add, these were the dates you could check-in for free dining last Jan:
January 1 – 5, 2011
January 9 – 13, 2011
January 21 – February 3, 2011

We are going in January for Marathon weekend~ I know that some of the people last year had free dining while we were there. We stayed at the Polynesian with the organization we were running with, with a good discount, but I think free dining would benefit us better for a family of 5, at least for part of the week. I'm keeping my eyes out for any discount that may be available the first week in January~ :yay:

We will be there the 22nd through the 29th. Can't wait, but we could really use a discount, we are bringing the inlaws with us this time. with our 5 kids plus them a discount would really help :)

Waiting for a Jan/Feb discount too! Last year we had the free dining, but this year I really want a room only discount. We have our tickets and plan on going to Universal for the first time too, so we really just want a room at a good deal! However, we will do free dining if that is the only deal!

We are planning to go around the 4th week of January (week of 1/23). Last year we had originally booked for the week of MLK, but then had to change to the following week when the actual offer dates were released. Less crowded the week after MLK week too!

We're going for Marathon Weekend, too, but we're going to start on the 2nd. With a family of 7, I'd LOVE free dining!! :cool1:

Is Marathon weekend and the week after (Jan 7-14) super busy at the parks?

Just booked our airfare! We're going Jan 26-30. Looking forward to it and hope for a great code.

I also just booked our airfare. I was able to get a $165 fare out of Chicago O'Hare to Orlando on United! Best fare I've seen in a long time! 1/24 - 1/31.

I also just booked our airfare. I was able to get a $165 fare out of Chicago O'Hare to Orlando on United! Best fare I've seen in a long time! 1/24 - 1/31.

Wow that's great! I wish we got something like that, I got $208 out of Newburgh on Jetblue.

That just makes me sooooo jealous!! :) The cheapest I have seen for us next year is $783 each. We got a bargain last year at just over $500.

That's what we got on JB from a different airport. No complaints- the flight times are great and nonstop.

Our flights are nonstop, going down it's an 8am coming home it's 10:50. Which we're not too happy about, but they only have 1 flight down and 1 flight back. Since the airport is 30 minutes from our house, very small and easy to fly out of we'll take it. Our alternative is Newark, which I can't stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter