Jan 2012 code watch, Yes its early, but keep your eyes open

aprhj

Second to the right and straight on til morning
Wanted to get this one started as we are thinking of going Jan 2-8, 2012. Please post any deals you get on here and also if you have went just after New Years what the conditions are like.

Thanks for starting this thread. We just found out our Christmas holidays for NEXT year and I thought Disney would be perfect that first week in January after the crowds have died down. Hopefully we can get free dining or 35% off!

Great idea! We went the first week of January last year and going again in 20 DAYS! Not sure about 2012 but if there's a good deal, who knows??

Conditions were great, I thought, although I'm certainly hoping for warmer weather than last year. Oy! We walked on most rides and thought crowds were reasonable. Christmas decorations were still up early in the week, so it was festive but without all the people. Some rides are closed for refurbishment - mostly water rides - but since we don't have kids, it's not a big deal for us. All in all, it's a great time of year to go.

Subscribing! I want to go for DD's 6th birthday! Free dining would be fantastic but would take %off rooms too :goodvibes

I just got a PIN last week, and it's only good until May 2011.
So maybe your code will come out in the summer.
Good Luck!

Count us in for Jan 1-10, 2012! We went for the first time in January 2010 and LOVED it! Can't wait to go back!!

We're hoping for something decent for January 2012. We are going to go back to staying deluxe and it'd be nice to have a good deal!

Looks like there are discounts that include something each month up to mid December. They have released them really soon for Dec based on my past years booking and looking. Hopefully that means Jan 2012 discounts are going to be released soon, but who knows. I think I may go ahead and book our room within the next few weeks just to make sure we get what we want and then hopefully get a discount that will work. Does anyone remember what you pay for deposit if it is a room only reservation?

I just checked my secondary email and I have the pin to get discounts up to 12/24/11. Dang, just need a little over two more weeks on that one and we'd have 40% for our trip. Still can't believe they have already released December discounts. So the question is: will they release Jan 2012 soon or since they have released discounts with months covered up to Dec will they now stop and wait till August or later to release ones for Jan 2012. I really hope it is the releasing sooner option.

Got the darn pin in the mail too:confused3 Come on Jan 2012 pins:sail:

I noticed that the discounts went into December too...not sure what that means for January codes/discounts. But I hope it means we find out sooner rather than later!! I have a dollar amount I don't want to go over, so the bigger the discount, the longer we can stay!! Having a family of 5, where one kiddo is a Disney adult, a room discount doesn't really help us. We LOVE the family suite at ASMu!! Fingers crossed for free dining! That would mean a 10 day trip for us!! :thumbsup2

Well I called today to get a quote on AKL Club Level Jan 1-8, 2012. It was $3315.xx for room only. Pretty steep, but I would love to do CL. That will only happen if I get the 40% room only discount code/pin. By my calculations it would take the cost down to $1990.xx, might could swing that.

Oh, she happily informed me I had a pin. Well it was the one I got in the mail and email that ended on 12-24-10. That darn pin is haunting me:hmghost:

Well I called today to get a quote on AKL Club Level Jan 1-8, 2012. It was $3315.xx for room only. Pretty steep, but I would love to do CL. That will only happen if I get the 40% room only discount code/pin. By my calculations it would take the cost down to $1990.xx, might could swing that.

Oh, she happily informed me I had a pin. Well it was the one I got in the mail and email that ended on 12-24-10. That darn pin is haunting me:hmghost:

They are quoting you the highest room price for 2011 since there are no 2012 prices. You won't be able to get an accurate quote until August when 2012 prices are released.

I don't think January pin codes could come out until August either because they would have to wait for 2012 pricing to be released.

aprhj,

You might want to also consider waiting until the 2nd to go...that first night (on the 1st) is still considered a holiday and the rate is MUCH more!! That would definitely bring the cost down.

We decided to wait and go the 2nd-8th and then a 4 night cruise on the Dream!!!! I hate to wish the year away, but I CAN'T WAIT!!
:banana::banana::banana:

Well I just booked and put down the deposit for our vacation. Good think I know the whole stay is based upon the 12/31/11 rack rate as the 2012 rates are not out yet. If not I think I would have flipped when they told me the total. I booked now to make sure they have the room I want and I can make any changes before the 45 day mark without a penalty. Now just to wait on the 2012 rates and on the discount that will hopefully be associated with our dates.

Oh, I am now up to receiving 5 emails on the discounts that go to 12/24/11 and 1 post card. Really, really, really wish those were our dates, but hopefully all the pin codes now will mean I will get one later for the correct dates.

Subbing! Hoping to go late January 2012. Our school district has a long weekend at the end of the month :thumbsup2

We are also hoping for some decent codes for January. We are going down on Jan 1st (going to stay in a value the first night) and then I really want to stay at the BC for the rest of the trip.

We're going mid January for our first ever family vacation, I'm so excited!
Hoping there's a promotion of some sort...we'd really like to stay 10 days :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter