Jan 2012 code watch, Yes its early, but keep your eyes open

It is. :goodvibes The e-mail has been out for about 10-15 minutes and there are already about a hundred threads about it started. You can check out one of those, but basically it will be:

25% off values
20% off moderates
35% off deluxes & villas (except AKL and the Poly, which are 30%)

It's just for Disney Visa members right now, but will open up to the general population on 10/5.

Happy booking! :wizard:

Yeah I just saw all the threads about then grabbed my calculator to see what I would be saving. :woohoo: Thanks for posting it

Just switched our reservation from POFQ to POR (there was no availability for this discount for our dates at POFQ) for 1/5-1/9. Saved about $200. :banana:

Just switched our reservation from POFQ to POR (there was no availability for this discount for our dates at POFQ) for 1/5-1/9. Saved about $200. :banana:

I won't be saving anything because I booked at Boardwalk Villas already when I found points to rent at a very reasonable price. But I can pretend and in my world of make believe, if I had booked a room at BWI (as I had planned) and then apply this code, it would be a $900 savings. Nice! :rotfl:

Was able to call up this morning and apply the GP discount. Saved $450 :woohoo:

Combined between our Pop reservation and my parents' Pop reservation, we saved 134$ (we had to upgrade to preferred to get the discount). :banana:

Hi everyone I am Jean - a real "newbie" - I have been reading about these "codes" and that today it "opens up"...? Can someone help me to understand this - Do you have to have the visa card? Would it apply to a reservation already made? What # do you call? My friend and I are going to try to finish the Princess 1/2 in February 2012 - would LOVE to save some money on our room! Also the dinning packages....can you buy them after you have booked everything or must you buy it as a complete pkg w/ air/hotel /dinning? I would appreciate any advice - Thanks so much!!

Hi everyone I am Jean - a real "newbie" - I have been reading about these "codes" and that today it "opens up"...? Can someone help me to understand this - Do you have to have the visa card? Would it apply to a reservation already made? What # do you call? My friend and I are going to try to finish the Princess 1/2 in February 2012 - would LOVE to save some money on our room! Also the dinning packages....can you buy them after you have booked everything or must you buy it as a complete pkg w/ air/hotel /dinning? I would appreciate any advice - Thanks so much!!

Yes you can apply it to a reservation already made if that category is available for the discount (example I had booked my reservation at the BC garden view but the discount was only for waterview rooms so I had to switch). You can purchase the dining plan after you booked a room reservation.

Just realized that there is an AP discount out too, going to try and call and see if I can get that applied and maybe save another 5%.

The code that came out today ends on the 20th of Feb so if the booking is after that, it won't apply to your dates.

You can definitely apply it to an existing reservation but you may have to switch room types (like the PP and myself did) to get it depending on what's available and what you have already booked.

You needed a Visa card earlier but now it is open to everyone (and can be booked online as well if you haven't already made a reservation).

You can add dining and/or tickets after the discount if you wish, but not before if you want the room discount. This makes it a package, though, and so your due date and cancellation/change policy would be different, so be sure to watch for that.

Just call the number on your confirmation e-mail to speak to someone about the discount. I would double check your dates though. I thought the Princess was Feb 26 or thereabouts.

Thanks all for some clarification...You are right the Princess 1/2 is the 26th - we are arriving Thursday 2/23 - leaving late on Tuesday 2/28 - so the present "codes" would not work for us. As for the dinning plan - how would you figure out if it is worth it - we are two adult women only - (not bringing husbands or children!!) We know we want to have a minimum of two "nice" dinners out - We made a ressie for the YC Steak house for the 26th pm. Also we made our POP ressie through AAA - so what # would I call to add the dining pkg if it is good for us - and where do I find the cost info on that? Thanks for your help! I am sooo excited about this trip and the "possibility" of crossing the finish line - we are planning on walking (hopefully quickly) the entire race.

Thanks all for some clarification...You are right the Princess 1/2 is the 26th - we are arriving Thursday 2/23 - leaving late on Tuesday 2/28 - so the present "codes" would not work for us. As for the dinning plan - how would you figure out if it is worth it - we are two adult women only - (not bringing husbands or children!!) We know we want to have a minimum of two "nice" dinners out - We made a ressie for the YC Steak house for the 26th pm. Also we made our POP ressie through AAA - so what # would I call to add the dining pkg if it is good for us - and where do I find the cost info on that? Thanks for your help! I am sooo excited about this trip and the "possibility" of crossing the finish line - we are planning on walking (hopefully quickly) the entire race.

First, congrats on choosing the Princess. It was my first race and I LOVED it. I'm sure you will, too!

If you want, you can try the math the way I did it here to see if it works for you. We (just me and my DBF) had the option of free dining or room only so I took the full price of the room we would book and figured out (before taxes) what the room only discount value was (400.20).

I know for 6 nights we'd get 6 table service credits per person so I found the 6 places we were planning to eat. I looked at their menus on the Dis database and figured out what we'd choose roughly to get a total of 364.26 spent at table services. That leaves a 35$ difference between the room only and dining before I factor in the 6 counter service meals we'd get and 6 snacks. It would be easy to spend the additional 35 on those things so free dining was better for us.

The dining plan for 2012 is 51.54/person/night for value season and 53.54/person/night for peak season. Free dining with Pop Century if the quick service plan only which is less money and costs 16.55/person/night to upgrade to the full dining plan (includes table service). You would just pay the 16.55 x people x nights difference, not the whole thing, if you have free dining with pop.

I believe if you booked through AAA, you'd have to call them to have it added since the reservation is in their name, not yours? I'm not 100% sure on that since we don't have AAA here and I prefer to book my own trips so I can deal directly with Disney when I need to.

There is a Dining Plan forum in the Trip Planning area on here that has a lot of helpful posts about the various costs of the plans.

I think if you only want 1-2 table services, the dining plan might not be the best choice. If you want to have one a day, the reg plan is good for you to look into as an option. Keep in mind you can use them however you want within your stay so you can have three table services one day (if you have three nights of credits) and not have any other days.

So if I'm looking on the website those prices are without the discount correct? I would have to call and setup the room separate and then add on dining or anything else after that to get the appropriate discount?

So if I'm looking on the website those prices are without the discount correct? I would have to call and setup the room separate and then add on dining or anything else after that to get the appropriate discount?

If you select the Discount under special offers, when looking at the room, a blue and white box will be at the top telling you the discount. If it's the Room-only offer it'll say something like 'Jan/Feb room offer' and if it's free dining it will say "Magic your way plus FREE dining" or "Magic your way plus FREE quick service dining" (depending if you select Value or Moderate/Deluxe).

The room only offers would be only the room, without tickets or dining plan. My gut would be to book the room only and then call to add in extras, but I don't know if adding them in before booking removes you from the 'room only' category since it's becoming a package-type deal.

The free dining offers include a minmum 2-day ticket and the free version of the dining plan available to you. Usually the tickets default to how many days you're looking to stay. You do need to get tickets to get the free dining offer.

I've read about these codes forever... and we have been to disney-on campus as we call it- probably five times out of the last 4 years... and we've always just waited to get the Fl Discount Rate online...
BUT I"VE NEVER BEEN SENT A CODE!
Are they for out-of-staters only?
If not, how do I get sent CODE offers?
Thanks

I read through post and might have missed answer, but do any of you know if the Free Dining offer ties to the MYW days booked or the Nights stayed at the hotel? If we are staying 7 nights and doing 8MYW days, would the dining be dining X 7 days or 8 days?

Right now I am booked for 7nights/7MYW tickets, but if 8MYW days is only $40 or so more for family of 5, it might make sense to book extra day ticket just for extra meals to take advantage of dining shows/signatures taking 2meals.

It's based on hotel nights. If you are staying 7 nights, you will get 7 days of the meal plan regardless of how many days are on your tickets.

I read through post and might have missed answer, but do any of you know if the Free Dining offer ties to the MYW days booked or the Nights stayed at the hotel? If we are staying 7 nights and doing 8MYW days, would the dining be dining X 7 days or 8 days?

Right now I am booked for 7nights/7MYW tickets, but if 8MYW days is only $40 or so more for family of 5, it might make sense to book extra day ticket just for extra meals to take advantage of dining shows/signatures taking 2meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter