IRENE, what is going on in your area

Well back here in MD it has gotten much windier if that is even a word. The rain is heavier and there have been reports of tornado's south east of us along the bay area.

We still have power but I wonder for how long. The noise outside is keeping everyone awake. And DS just decided to open the front door to look outside and now there is a large puddle of water inside our front door.

THe trees are swaying in ways I don't think they are meant to bend but so far none have come down. Of course I just realized that if one of two tress infront of our house came down it would effectivly wipe out all of our cars.

Hopefully we are in the worst of it now.

We still have power thank goodness but the wind is still howling. DH had to go to work tonight so it's just me, DD and our 2 dogs. Don't think we're gonna get much sleep tonight.

Not sleeping here as well. Watching TV, still have power, so hot, I took down A/C today.

I live in Lincoln, DE. Just lots of rain and wind. Thankfully have had power all day. Have been roughing it all day watching all the pirates of the carribean movies, and reading the disboards!! Hope everyone stays safe and makes out okay!!

We still have power but I have water up to my ankles in my entire finished basement:( We haven't had the full storm hit yet either. Spent the last few hours clearing out the basement, including a chest freezer. Likely to lose 2 sofas, the carpeting, our Christmas tree. Hoping we don't lose our washer and dryer. We tried to wet vac it but we just can't keep it up. It fills (16 gallons) in minutes and we can't dump it fast enough in the sink. Keeing my fingers crossed!

We still have power but I have water up to my ankles in my entire finished basement:( We haven't had the full storm hit yet either. Spent the last few hours clearing out the basement, including a chest freezer. Likely to lose 2 sofas, the carpeting, our Christmas tree. Hoping we don't lose our washer and dryer. We tried to wet vac it but we just can't keep it up. It fills (16 gallons) in minutes and we can't dump it fast enough in the sink. Keeing my fingers crossed!

I'm so so sorry your basement is flooded. sending pixie dust your way.

In CT and the wind is picking up. Alot of power outages already along the shoreline. Storm is moving in slowly so its going to be another 8-9 hours of this wind and rain. UUGGGGHHH!!!! EVERYONE STAY SAFE!!!!

we live in middlesex cty nj but are currently in fl. we are due to go home tomorrow evening. I am worried sick about everything back home. saw onfacebook power is out and trees are blowing over.

Rain and wind in Harrisburg. The wind has had me up for hours. Power snapping off and on. Went off just as Jim was about to give us all another update. :-)

Windy here in CT!! I've been up for an hour and the wind is getting stronger. We still have power, but I live in the middle of the state. Good luck everyone!:wizard:

Wind started gusting here in MA at about 1:45am. Now got decent gusts and rain. Going to be a long day.

Have heard several transformers blowing around town, but only had voltage drops.

Here in Smithville we lost power about 9 PM - back on at 6 AM. Everyone across our S. Jersey area has been checking in - no major flooding or damage - lucky! lucky! Anxious to get home and check the house and neighborhood. Wishing the best for all those still in Irene's path.

Bjakmom - We are near Pomona in Galloway and made out fine! Very little damage in my neighborhood.

YAAAYYYY!!!! Hurrican Irene downgraded to tropical storm status... Guess my GO AWAY IRENE hurricane dance is working!

:cool1::banana::cool1::yay::dance3::cheer2:

Mostly heavy rain here, little windy at times. We're in central/western CT. We still have power so all is well.

Upstate NY, on Lake Champlain, 20 miles south of the Canadian border.
Light rain since about 0530, windy with occasional gusts but not very strong yet...projecting to increase this afternoon thru the night.

We're usually in the World this week.....really missing that sun and humidity now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter