IRENE, what is going on in your area

I'm on the coast of Maine. we only got a little drizzle and a nice breeze.:sad2: We've definitely had stronger winds than this.
Somehow though, we have no electricity (we're on generator now), and no phone/cable/Internet (I'm using my ipad's 3G)

Vermont....

I have been lucky in my town, but a lot of family and friends in neighboring towns have not been so lucky. Major flooding in many parts of the state. Roads completely washed out... historical covered bridges gone! Very devastating and sad!

Moncton, NB here! Yesterday we had heavy rain...this morning crazy wind gusts- weather report says up to 110k / hr...it's like a blizzard without the snow :rotfl:!!

We made it out unscathed, but MANY here did not. We are the exception here it seems than the rule. One of my coworkers had 5 feet of water in her home. I work at a university. Classes were supposed to start today, and campus is still closed because of the damage, and the university officials still don't know when classes will start because of damage on campus. Many still do not have power (and will not for some time because the lines are such a mess).

The national media coverage is sickening. All they want to cover is NYC.

Here's a flyover of OBX now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp6GWQuebxU

That wasn't a bridge that was washed out; that was road. Parts of VA and OBX got hit hard. I even heard a weather person (and I don't remember what channel it was either a representative from the weather channel on CNN or on the weather channel itself) say that NYC dodged a bullet because the storm stalled over NC, but they can't give any attention to the people who took the biggest bullet.

A little boy died in his mom's bed while he took a nap (she put him there because she felt it was safe), a tree fell onto their home, just around the corner from my friend's home, and all the nightly news has focused on is people moving back into their undamaged apartments and lofts in NYC.

They give a small nod to the flooding in Jersey (which looks horrible I hope everyone is okay there). Granted, I've seen worse storms, and it could have been worse. I've lived my whole life on the east coast near Va Beach, but I've never seen the national media ignore us this much.

I'm just frustrated, sorry. I've had more friends and family at my home the last couple of days than maybe all year because we have water and electricity. People here are hurting a lot.

I'm in Baltimore, Maryland. We got lots of rain and wind on Saturday night. Quite a few uprooted trees. I haven't had power since Saturday. (so I'm glad to be at work to use the computer....shhhhh...) I heard the power company (BGE) is in my neighborhood today. So hopefully, the power will be back on tonight, so I can do this: :happytv: :surfweb:popcorn::

Northeast CT here. Strong winds and heavy rain. Probably no power until at least the end of the week. I live out in the country with a well so that means no water too. There are trees down everywhere...the only way I can get out of my area (that's not blocked) is to skirt under a downed powerline. I work in healthcare so I didn't have much choice this morning. Unfortunately since my area is so rural we'll be last on the list for cleanup. The only clearing has been by locals, no crews in sight yet. I cannot wait to see Mickey in a few weeks.

Over half the population in CT lost power and in the region I'm in, over 80% did. We lost power at 5 AM Sunday and we aren't expected to get it back until Saturday. Oh and our basement is flooded.

Where in CT? My basement started flooding too but luckily my neighbor is borrowing a generator and he is letting us plug in the subpump periodically to get the water out...its trickling in much slower now. Luckily no showers in the forecast (or in my bathroom)

Where in CT? My basement started flooding too but luckily my neighbor is borrowing a generator and he is letting us plug in the subpump periodically to get the water out...its trickling in much slower now. Luckily no showers in the forecast (or in my bathroom)

Newtown. It is almost gone now. It was actually coming up the drain in the cellar but that has stopped.

I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. My best wishes to everyone impacted by Hurrican/Tropical Storm Irene!

I live in Northern Va and all we had was intermittent showers all day. One of my friends did suffer a bit of flooding but that is mostly because of the crack in the wall in his basement. My family lives in RI and they spent a good portion of yesterday without any power.

We are on the north shore of long island.

Here are some pics from sunday. Wasn't even high tide yet!

DSC_0162a.jpg

DSC_0178a.jpg

DSC_0180a.jpg

DSC_0185a.jpg

DSC_0186a.jpg

people went down my road in canoes.
DSC_0217.jpg

I am finally relaxing after 2 days of cleaning out the basement, which ended up having ankle deep water throughout. Yesterday we tore out the carpet and today we bleached the floors and walls. We had 2 tornado warnings but we ended up being fine....we never lost power, which is a highlight! School was supposed to start today (I am a teacher) but it was cancelled due to flooding and power loss. It is also cancelled tomorrow b/c the school does not have power restored yet. Hoping all is well with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter