IRENE, what is going on in your area

western suburbs of Boston (Wilmington Rain and wind just waiting it out as everything is closed,and you can't go out. Some schools have delayed opening tomorrow etc. Be safe everyone!

Happy to report everyone is ok. There were power outages, flooding, and some downed trees. We did have a tornado touch down near us, but don't know the damage reports yet.

Here in Smithville we lost power about 9 PM - back on at 6 AM. Everyone across our S. Jersey area has been checking in - no major flooding or damage - lucky! lucky! Anxious to get home and check the house and neighborhood. Wishing the best for all those still in Irene's path.

Bjakmom - We are near Pomona in Galloway and made out fine! Very little damage in my neighborhood.

I'm in Linwood..never lost power but the cable did go out last night around 9. The only radio station I could get was 101.5, and I listened to the people calling in until I went to bed around 12:30. Slept through whatever came our way. Cable was back on when I got up. Lots of leaves and small branches down but no other visible damage that I have seen. Lots of flooding being reported in other parts of NJ. Light rain now and slight winds. We got very lucky.

I evacuated my Dad from Wildwood, but my sister's husband and my husband's family stayed there. Everything okay and safe.

Glad they all made out ok! We're trying to find out when Rt. 47 will reopen to get our family back home, but we keep getting conflicting reports.

I stayed up until 2:30AM when the power went out. Woke up to no water, but we have power. Major water main break in South Amboy, NJ. We won't have water for up to 8 hours. They are cutting down trees now in my neighborhood but we had no damage. I was worried about my new roof, but it is OK.
MIchele

I'm in Linwood..never lost power but the cable did go out last night around 9. The only radio station I could get was 101.5, and I listened to the people calling in until I went to bed around 12:30. Slept through whatever came our way. Cable was back on when I got up. Lots of leaves and small branches down but no other visible damage that I have seen. Lots of flooding being reported in other parts of NJ. Light rain now and slight winds. We got very lucky.

That was my story here in the Trenton, NJ suburbs (Hamilton/Robbinsville) area. Listened to 101.5 off and on all night when the power went out at 2am. We got it back shortly after 10am. I slept very little as the wind kept me up.

We've got alot of debris but our roads aren't flooded so I consider us lucky. 10 miles away is a completely differently story with Hightstown (right off exit 8 on the NJ TP) completely under water.

I leave for Disney in 10 days...and to think I was worried about FL hurricanes and we got one here!

10 miles north of Boston. Wicked rain, wind. Our underground utilities have gone out twice, but we're on for the moment. I rushed into the shower in the wee hours in case we lost power! Just told my teen DD she is NOT going out in the storm to her job at Market Basket. Everyone stay safe!

40 miles WNW of Boston, rain has subsided, but winds are still gusting. Lots of branches down, nothing major within site, but we did hear several transformers pop around town - one we think died after it was replaced. Other end of our short road is without power, but we've stayed up. They are saying that it could be tomorrow before power is restored to those areas affected (municipal system).

Glen Burnie, MD here (about 10 mins SW of Baltimore). Power went out about 2:30 this morning. Still waiting for it to come back on.

Neighborhood ok. Few small limbs down. No big trees that I can see. Still a lot of wind and scattered showers that last a few minutes or so.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep.

Stay safe our northern neighbors! Hopefully with the preplanning everyone did there won't be too many emergencies.

Earthquake, after-shocks, hurricanes....what's next....locust? :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

To those of you who have experienced any loss from flooding, rains or winds.. I am very sorry you have to go thru this. My thoughts are with you.

To those of you who have dodged the bullet... thank GOD!

To those of you who are experiencing it now.. you are in my thoughts & will continue to be....

hugs to all.. God only knows everyone needs it, nerves must be shattered at this point... :grouphug:

Got VERY, VERY lucky here in Glen Rock Pa. (North of Baltimore up I-83 and a few miles into Pa.)
Wind and rain all night, but in spurts. In my area, no power out, no trees down, I lost no siding or roofing.
I saw one telephone pole down, but that was the extent of the damage in about a mile radius from my house.
No flooding either--

Glen Burnie, MD here (about 10 mins SW of Baltimore). Power went out about 2:30 this morning. Still waiting for it to come back on.

Neighborhood ok. Few small limbs down. No big trees that I can see. Still a lot of wind and scattered showers that last a few minutes or so.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who couldn't sleep.

Stay safe our northern neighbors! Hopefully with the preplanning everyone did there won't be too many emergencies.

Earthquake, after-shocks, hurricanes....what's next....locust? :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey there neighbor! From Ellicott City! Hope all is well. Our power did not go out last night, at least I dont' think it did, clocks are still accurate. It's very breezy/windy out though, rain has stopped. Stay safe!

Kelly - Did you weather the storm? Hope you're okay. :)

I think the only travesty in Maryland are the Ocean City beaches...

I certainly hope everyone is okay!:hug: Brunette

Thanks God it is over. It was pretty scary at night, heavy rain and strong wind. They promissed the worse in the morning but it actually got better. Right now there is no rain although lots of clouds and rain still possible, and wind is still strong but not hurricane strong. I did not sleep till 5AM, I was worried and kept myself up in case of unexpected, then I was just too tired to care about anything and finally fell asleep. Watched reports, some flood reports in low areas, lots of fallen trees and they said they may continue to fall. Overall, it could be much worse, we were too close to disaster and I thank God that we avoided the worst.
I send lots of pixie dust to anyone affected by this disaster, be safe, be strong, our thoughts with you. :grouphug:

Rhode Island..trees down in my neighborhood, still having gusts here and will for a few hours yet. Flooding in the south part of the state. We still have power, hope it stays that way.

Here in Smithville we lost power about 9 PM - back on at 6 AM. Everyone across our S. Jersey area has been checking in - no major flooding or damage - lucky! lucky! Anxious to get home and check the house and neighborhood. Wishing the best for all those still in Irene's path.

Bjakmom - We are near Pomona in Galloway and made out fine! Very little damage in my neighborhood.

I am still amazed at how close we all live. Our house is just off Wrangleboro Rd. in Galloway. We were all lucky last night when you consider the storm made landfall in Little Egg Inlet at 5:35am.

heres a link to a pic of Wildwoods Boardwalk for those of us in South Jersey

Thanks for this amazing picture. We just biked that boardwalk last week.

Sorry this post is so late. I just got caught up on sleep and the internet is finally back up to normal speed!

I stayed up until 2:30AM when the power went out. Woke up to no water, but we have power. Major water main break in South Amboy, NJ. We won't have water for up to 8 hours. They are cutting down trees now in my neighborhood but we had no damage. I was worried about my new roof, but it is OK.
MIchele
We still don't have water. We have rain water barrels, so I've been bringing in gallon jugs just to fill the toilet.

We still don't have water. We have rain water barrels, so I've been bringing in gallon jugs just to fill the toilet.

I hope you will get water soon, it is very inconvenient. The worst is that we are all very tired, the best is that it is all over and we are OK.

Thank God it's over here in Brooklyn. I live in Marine Park and our power was out for about 13 hours, yet people on the next block had power. Besides stress that the power was going to be out for days, we don't have any damage. Few downed trees in the neighborhood though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter