I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@disneybirds I just got e-mail that Delta Vacations vouchers are being extended.

"Your Delta Vacations voucher will be extended through December 31, 2023, for travel throughout 2024. "

Thank you for remembering me! I did actually get this email. This gives up plenty of time to spend the $$$$ we have in Delta vacations credit. If only they would bring back the Disney tickets, I would be set!

Thank you for remembering me! I did actually get this email. This gives up plenty of time to spend the $$$$ we have in Delta vacations credit. If only they would bring back the Disney tickets, I would be set!
When did they stop selling Disney tickets?

Question on AMEX offers, if I use an offer then return the item, and AMEX claws back the amount I got back from the offer, but the offer isn’t expired can I use it again? I hope that makes sense. I used the offer at Walmart, then returned the item, got the refund from Walmart but then AMEX charged me back the percentage I had gotten off.

Decided to pull the trigger and purchase a new sectional sofa at Rooms To Go online to help meet our CIC MSR.

The sofa we bought online thru either Amazon or Wayfair during the lockdown when our short term stay in Miami became a long term stay is crappy and will be moved into DH's office. Furniture delivery into the condo bldg during the lockdown was prohibited. We had to buy all our furniture that could be delivered in a box, to be assembled ourselves. DH does not want to ever build another piece of furniture! Lol.

Anyway, furniture inventory is back up and I can finally get something we like delivered next month. The sectional we picked is actually available immediately but we prefer the other (mirror) orientation and so, need to wait a few weeks.

I place the order today and the card got declined! Tried again, same thing. Was just about to call Chase to troubleshoot when I checked the account online... Sure thing, we exceeded out CL! The $3k CL is too low! I had paid some doctors/medical bills a couple of weeks ago on the card and now the CL is not enough to cover the sofa purchase.

I went ahead and paid down the balance on the card today. Waiting to see if if the CL goes back up by tomorrow when the account gets credited. The biz and personal accounts are not linked and I had to do a bill pay on the personal side. Hopefully, I can make the purchase tomorrow. Hate low CL when you need to use the card. Sigh.

I would just cancel the order if you can and/or email them to switch what you bought. I'm sure it hasn't posted or shipped yet if you just did it today.
According to the website that's not possible: Our team moves quickly to get your order shipped out ASAP, which means that we aren’t able to cancel or make any changes to an order once it’s been placed. If you’re travelling soon, we recommend that you place a new order for the color or size you would prefer, and we can assist with a return of the original order. Alternatively, we’re happy to get an exchange started for you once your order ships.

According to the website that's not possible: Our team moves quickly to get your order shipped out ASAP, which means that we aren’t able to cancel or make any changes to an order once it’s been placed. If you’re travelling soon, we recommend that you place a new order for the color or size you would prefer, and we can assist with a return of the original order. Alternatively, we’re happy to get an exchange started for you once your order ships.

Yes, I did email as soon as I noticed. That was the response I got. (I figured it was worth a try since it was less than 2 hours later.) The warehouse was already working on it. The order shipped last night!

I did send another email asking about the shipping cost to return in and she answered when I receive the one I don’t want they will give me a prepaid shipping label to return it.
I will just wait to exchange it vs ordering the other. Just don’t want to mess up the CSR offer.

Hopefully the regular carry on stays in stock. The pink seems like the last to go so 🤞

I have a question that I hope JetBlue people can help me with. I'm so used to SW and their rules, so when it comes to other airlines I'm not familiar with all the nuances. I've read info on the JetBlue website, but want to be sure I understand their policies. If I book with JB points and pay the taxes/fees with a cc, what happens to the taxes/fees when I cancel the flight? Does it become a "travel fund" (to use SW parlance) such that I don't get a cc refund (like I would with SW)? That's my interpretation of what I'm reading, and I want to be sure I understand that correctly. If it does indeed become travel funds that I use for another points ticket, then I would lose the travel insurance provided by the credit card (let's say it's CSP) that I used to pay for taxes/fees originally?

The taxes and fees end up in your travel bank. Maybe use some of that to upgrade to an even more space seat and pay the difference and taxes with your CSP?

They still have Disney tickets but you have to talk to an agent and she adds them. It isn’t like Universal (or how it was pre 2020) where you can look on the site and add them yourself. I had an agent price out tickets for a potential trip this summer.

Should be good. I would make the purchases while it is a CIC to get the 5% back and then PC to the CIP to PYB.
(Not a great reference but first that popped up - )

Looks like it. Don't have a CIP myself anymore but I've seen it mentioned a couple places there were additions/changes starting 1/1/2022. This post has an updated table for all the Chase cards.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/how-to-use-chase-pay-yourself-back
I admit life has gotten a bit busy lately but I never saw this! I've been tossing the idea of the CiP again....(for the cellphone coverage- whatever happened with all of that?) But now you're telling my I can PC one of my Cic's back to CiP,and get the PYB feature? This intrigues me since gc's and all...... I'd have to calculate if that $95 is worth offsetting for all of this tho......wwyd? ANd It would work if I buy gc now, get the 5x and then PC and PYB? whoa.....

Yes, I did email as soon as I noticed. That was the response I got. (I figured it was worth a try since it was less than 2 hours later.) The warehouse was already working on it. The order shipped last night!

I did send another email asking about the shipping cost to return in and she answered when I receive the one I don’t want they will give me a prepaid shipping label to return it.
I will just wait to exchange it vs ordering the other. Just don’t want to mess up the CSR offer.

Hopefully the regular carry on stays in stock. The pink seems like the last to go so 🤞

Glad it will work out then. I placed mine yesterday too and it shipped as well- they are really on it over there at Away!

I plan to PYB the purchase and the CSR AF and mentally move that savings over to some Airbnb charges I put on a card I am meeting MSR on.

Oh, the legwork it takes- but it's so fun and rewarding.

Does anyone know of a direct service that has car seats and can pick up from MCO and drop off at Universal and then pick up from Disney and drop off at MCO? I have a 4 year old and I would rather not drag her car seat through the airport there and back.

I canceled mine today I had a reminder. I haven't seen chase extend anything besides the peloton credit for people who didn't use it.

So I just went in and changed to my SW card. Is that not correct. I have to cancel from CSR? How do you do that?

Interesting start to 2022. I had a bad car wreck Saturday night and am laying in the hospital with 2 broken legs. Need some SUB and spend advice.

Going to have my max out of pocket medical cost. I think 6 or 7k. Then, I will also have a down payment on a new vehicle. Bc of current car market and interest rates, I am breaking my normal advice and I think I will buy a new car and finance at least some of it.

I am at 6/24. Off the top of my head, I have AMEX Platinum, Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Surpass, AMEX Marriot Business, Chase British Airways, Chase Rapid Rewards Priority, Chase Disney Visa (the lower one), Chase Southwest Business (lower one), Barclay's Wyndham Business Earner, and just recently signed up for I think it was a Barclay's American Airlines card (specific American Airlines flight in October was the reason).

Any advice on 1. What cards with good SUBs I should target at 6/24. 2. Go for business cards? 3. Is there a way to negotiate with car dealers on most credit card payment ability (leaning toward Subaru Outback). 4. Any general advice?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sorry about your accident. Not a fun way to meet MSR.
DH just bought a truck in December. Not new but was a 2018 Tahoe. (pricing seems like it was new - crazy). The dealership he got it from would not let him put any $ down on a CC. I was not happy but nothing we could do. He needed the truck and were not that many options in what he wanted.

Question on booking travel through Cap One site. So, DH and I both got the Venture X Card, which comes with a $300 Travel Credit when booking on their site. Since we just got over $3000 in LUV Vouchers the kids want to do a long weekend trip to Universal (now that we finally watched all the Harry Potter Movies - we want to see HP Land again). I would like to get the Annual Pass Rate for the hotel (bought passes when we went last March and good until June). But, I don't think there is a way to get this rate by booking with Cap One - is there? Or can you call in and have them do it.

Does anyone know of a direct service that has car seats and can pick up from MCO and drop off at Universal and then pick up from Disney and drop off at MCO? I have a 4 year old and I would rather not drag her car seat through the airport there and back.
Have you looked into the BubbleBum? That is what I used with my then 4 year old the last time I was at WDW.

Have you looked into the BubbleBum? That is what I used with my then 4 year old the last time I was at WDW.
My 9 year old uses a bubblebum. It has a 40lb minimum weight for use and my 4 year old isn’t near that. Plus I wouldn’t trust her to sit correctly in a booster and not play with the seatbelt and all.

It’s a great option but really for older kids

My 9 year old uses a bubblebum. It has a 40lb minimum weight for use and my 4 year old isn’t near that. Plus I wouldn’t trust her to sit correctly in a booster and not play with the seatbelt and all.

It’s a great option but really for older kids
While I haven't tried it myself yet, I've read good things about Tiffany Towncar.

The RideSafer vest is another option to look into. Bulkier, but still portable, and safe from 3 years and 30 lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter