I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 2.5 hours layover at SLC airport, we are flying Delta. DH and I each have a Amex Plat, which gives us entry into the Delta Sky lounge, anyway to get our daughters in?
Unless your daughters are under 2 (or you get a really kind/sympathetic agent), you’re going to have to pay for a day pass for each of them (at $39 each).

Skylounge in ATL wouldn’t let in my sister - who has a Plat AU card - because she didn’t have her physical card. They refused to budge - even when she showed it on Amex on her phone, etc.

Interesting start to 2022. I had a bad car wreck Saturday night and am laying in the hospital with 2 broken legs. Need some SUB and spend advice.

Going to have my max out of pocket medical cost. I think 6 or 7k. Then, I will also have a down payment on a new vehicle. Bc of current car market and interest rates, I am breaking my normal advice and I think I will buy a new car and finance at least some of it.

I am at 6/24. Off the top of my head, I have AMEX Platinum, Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Surpass, AMEX Marriot Business, Chase British Airways, Chase Rapid Rewards Priority, Chase Disney Visa (the lower one), Chase Southwest Business (lower one), Barclay's Wyndham Business Earner, and just recently signed up for I think it was a Barclay's American Airlines card (specific American Airlines flight in October was the reason).

Any advice on 1. What cards with good SUBs I should target at 6/24. 2. Go for business cards? 3. Is there a way to negotiate with car dealers on most credit card payment ability (leaning toward Subaru Outback). 4. Any general advice?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

First things first, thank God you lived and I hope everyone else is healthy as well. I only give this advice so that you can perhaps prepare yourself a bit and know that it's normal and you are not alone. Leg breaks are especially emotionally and psychologically tough, but two broken legs is really going to be extra challenging. Lean on your support system as much as you can.

As far as cc, I'd check with the hospital and your other health care providers asap if they take Amex. Amex Biz Plat is a good idea- there are various offers out there, so check DOC and other blogs for the best ones to look for, or someone here might chime in. Otherwise the C1 Venture X is another good idea- ymmv with your stats; it's hit or miss on approvals.

I also agree with your statement. I would normally pay for a car with cash as well, but given the current interest rates, you could finance for very little and invest what you would have otherwise spent at a higher return.

Unless your daughters are under 2 (or you get a really kind/sympathetic agent), you’re going to have to pay for a day pass for each of them (at $39 each).

Skylounge in ATL wouldn’t let in my sister - who has a Plat AU card - because she didn’t have her physical card. They refused to budge - even when she showed it on Amex on her phone, etc.
Thanks, unfortunately our girls keep growing up. Dinner will be less than $78 outside the lounge.

Have you stayed at the HR Orlando before? It looks very nice! DH and I have a cruise booked out of Miami leaving 2/26 and I'm trying to make backup plans incase that falls through for some reason. I'm hoping by then things will have settled down, but who knows.

We were thinking about spending a few days going to spring training games around West Palm Beach and I had looked at the Orlando Hyatt Regency just to chill out for a few days. We are not globalists, but I have some upgrades to club level that I could use there.

Is that the one connected to the convention center? If so, I didn’t especially like it. But this was pre pandemic and we were there for a conference for DH so it was packed. It is a big hotel. This was preglobalist for us but I tried to use club passes and I was denied. It is within a easy walk to all the touristy things - mini golf, the eye Ferris wheel thingy lots of restaurants, museums etc. The fancy pool was also closed for refurbishment while we were there so that was another minus for me. I probably would have a different review had it not been for the no club, no pool and packed with people.

$430 later my toilets no longer have rocks in them from the pipe breaking. I guess that's good:)

Trip 3 to Staples planned for tonight.

And still not sure what to order from Away. Tempted to order a dog carrier. Or another carry on. I'm just not sure I would use the checked bag (I have a nice ebags rolled duffle that's fairly new).

And on the dog front, after about three months or so of needing to hand feed the older dog, she is feeding herself again. She seems to like the Farmer's Dog and Honest Company clusters (which are hard to find). The Farmer's Dog isn't cheap, but it looks and smells 100x better than canned dog food.

Last edited:
Thanks. He's a sweetie. He's huge & pretty much the opposite of your little cuties. He's really over weight at 105#. We have our work cut out for us.
He's a big boy. But so handsome. And I can't tell from the photo that he's overweight.

And I'm sure you've gotten lots of advice on getting weight off him but frozen green beans were what my vet recommended when I needed to get weight off Snowball and thankfully I got her back to a healthy weight pretty quickly.

We have a 2.5 hours layover at SLC airport, we are flying Delta. DH and I each have a Amex Plat, which gives us entry into the Delta Sky lounge, anyway to get our daughters in?
you should be good until next year I want to say the 75k spent on the plat starts for next year Jan/Feb, but you should be able to get you and your 2 kids in on Amex plat your wife will need her own but like you said you have it (my wife forgot hers once we had to pay and amex reimbursed).

ahh really I've had my 5 year old go in no problem maybe they didn't know her age lol

First things first, thank God you lived and I hope everyone else is healthy as well. I only give this advice so that you can perhaps prepare yourself a bit and know that it's normal and you are not alone. Leg breaks are especially emotionally and psychologically tough, but two broken legs is really going to be extra challenging. Lean on your support system as much as you can.

As far as cc, I'd check with the hospital and your other health care providers asap if they take Amex. Amex Biz Plat is a good idea- there are various offers out there, so check DOC and other blogs for the best ones to look for, or someone here might chime in. Otherwise the C1 Venture X is another good idea- ymmv with your stats; it's hit or miss on approvals.

I also agree with your statement. I would normally pay for a car with cash as well, but given the current interest rates, you could finance for very little and invest what you would have otherwise spent at a higher return.

Yes, everyone was incredibly lucky. Incredibly, incredibly lucky.

Good idea on checking with hospital on payments. I would hate to get an AMEX and then find out they don't take it.

Last edited:
you should be good until next year I want to say the 75k spent on the plat starts for next year Jan/Feb, but you should be able to get you and your 2 kids in on Amex plat your wife will need her own but like you said you have it (my wife forgot hers once we had to pay and amex reimbursed).

I believe the new $75K rule is for the Centurion Lounge access, not SkyClub. SkyClub is usually pretty strict.

Same for me but with United. No way was the check in agent going to let my DD slip in with me without paying. Our flight was delayed and we were in the airport for over 5 hours so it was worth the $50 I paid for her. She did stuff her purse with prepackaged snacks lol so I feel we got SOME value.

He's a big boy. But so handsome. And I can't tell from the photo that he's overweight.

And I'm sure you've gotten lots of advice on getting weight off him but frozen green beans were what my vet recommended when I needed to get weight off Snowball and thankfully I got her back to a healthy weight pretty quickly.
Angles are everything in pictures 😉
He should be 75-80# max. After years working as a vet tech and more years as a dietitian, I have ideas. However, he's still settling in and not even eating his regular food yet. He's on a self imposed diet. Plus we did bloodwork yesterday to make sure he's not hypothyroid.
It is a bit challenging to have a hundred pound lapdog though 🤣

So I've got a 250K UR with my CSP. Have a CIC that I downgraded from a CIP awhile back. If I upgrade the CIC back to a CIP and purchase Disney GCs at Staples can I use PYB with my CIP after transferring URs from my personal to biz account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter