I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 2.5 hours layover at SLC airport, we are flying Delta. DH and I each have a Amex Plat, which gives us entry into the Delta Sky lounge, anyway to get our daughters in?
I thought lounge fees were covered with a Plat if you select that airline for your credits, so couldn't one of you select Delta as your airline of choice?

I thought lounge fees were covered with a Plat if you select that airline for your credits, so couldn't one of you select Delta as your airline of choice?
Yes, but that’s the only time we would use the Delta lounge, I don’t know how else we would use the rest of the credit it. DH has a delta gold card so we get free checked luggage (we don’t usually check luggage anyways.)

So I've got a 250K UR with my CSP. Have a CIC that I downgraded from a CIP awhile back. If I upgrade the CIC back to a CIP and purchase Disney GCs at Staples can I use PYB with my CIP after transferring URs from my personal to biz account?
I'm confused by this. Did Chase add a new PYB category to the CIP?

Ugghhh. I was busy at work today. I saw the away luggage I wanted was in stock so ordered it quick while I was on a break.
I ordered the bigger carry on instead of the regular carry on. If I order the regular and return the bigger one will the $200 offer on my CSR still work? It doesn’t state anything about $200 off 1 purchase, just off $500 which I will still have spent.
So mad at myself. I even had the smaller one in my cart but of course ordered it on my phone.
We are flying Hawaiian and I’ve hear they have strict carryon sizes so the bigger doesn’t work.

Has anyone sent something back to away? Is the shipping free to return?

Yes, but that’s the only time we would use the Delta lounge, I don’t know how else we would use the rest of the credit it. DH has a delta gold card so we get free checked luggage (we don’t usually check luggage anyways.)
I see. Definitely need to be strategic about which airline to choose.

I have a question that I hope JetBlue people can help me with. I'm so used to SW and their rules, so when it comes to other airlines I'm not familiar with all the nuances. I've read info on the JetBlue website, but want to be sure I understand their policies. If I book with JB points and pay the taxes/fees with a cc, what happens to the taxes/fees when I cancel the flight? Does it become a "travel fund" (to use SW parlance) such that I don't get a cc refund (like I would with SW)? That's my interpretation of what I'm reading, and I want to be sure I understand that correctly. If it does indeed become travel funds that I use for another points ticket, then I would lose the travel insurance provided by the credit card (let's say it's CSP) that I used to pay for taxes/fees originally?

Ugghhh. I was busy at work today. I saw the away luggage I wanted was in stock so ordered it quick while I was on a break.
I ordered the bigger carry on instead of the regular carry on. If I order the regular and return the bigger one will the $200 offer on my CSR still work? It doesn’t state anything about $200 off 1 purchase, just off $500 which I will still have spent.
So mad at myself. I even had the smaller one in my cart but of course ordered it on my phone.
We are flying Hawaiian and I’ve hear they have strict carryon sizes so the bigger doesn’t work.

No but it seems like you're fine if you do it as an exchange. Not sure if they'll charge you to ship it back. I'd go to: awaytravel.com/contact-us

My statement closed today and I now have all the RR I need for my new companion pass. Does it take a few days for me to be able to name my companion and book? I couldn’t find where to do it. I’ve done it before, but I don’t remember. Lol
The points will post tomorrow and you’ll be able to select your companions within a few days.

My statement closed today and I now have all the RR I need for my new companion pass. Does it take a few days for me to be able to name my companion and book? I couldn’t find where to do it. I’ve done it before, but I don’t remember. Lol
I believe 2 years ago when I did it…it did take a few days….I’ll have all my points on the 20th for another CP so will see then

Dang $500 off away? What was this i missed it

I would just cancel the order if you can and/or email them to switch what you bought. I'm sure it hasn't posted or shipped yet if you just did it today.

Once available, you'll see it under "my account>my rapid rewards" on the app and just on the "my account" homescreen on the website. In either version you'll be able to see your progress towards companion pass.

I feel like there has been a bit of a lag between my statement closing with promised points and them posting. Maybe a day or two.

Once available, you'll see it under "my account>my rapid rewards" on the app and just on the "my account" homescreen on the website. In either version you'll be able to see your progress towards companion pass.

I feel like there has been a bit of a lag between my statement closing with promised points and them posting. Maybe a day or two.
I’m so impatient. I’m all like…my points are there, WHERE’S THE CP????

So I've got a 250K UR with my CSP. Have a CIC that I downgraded from a CIP awhile back. If I upgrade the CIC back to a CIP and purchase Disney GCs at Staples can I use PYB with my CIP after transferring URs from my personal to biz account?
Should be good. I would make the purchases while it is a CIC to get the 5% back and then PC to the CIP to PYB.
(Not a great reference but first that popped up - )

I'm confused by this. Did Chase add a new PYB category to the CIP?
Looks like it. Don't have a CIP myself anymore but I've seen it mentioned a couple places there were additions/changes starting 1/1/2022. This post has an updated table for all the Chase cards.

https://www.businessinsider.com/personal-finance/how-to-use-chase-pay-yourself-back

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter