I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admit life has gotten a bit busy lately but I never saw this! I've been tossing the idea of the CiP again....(for the cellphone coverage- whatever happened with all of that?) But now you're telling my I can PC one of my Cic's back to CiP,and get the PYB feature? This intrigues me since gc's and all...... I'd have to calculate if that $95 is worth offsetting for all of this tho......wwyd? ANd It would work if I buy gc now, get the 5x and then PC and PYB? whoa.....

Believe if the purchase is within 90 days of PC'ing you can do PYB theoretically, as long as it's before 3/31/21. Figure $1000 of Disney GCs is 80K UR and $95 (CIP AF) so you save $105 after AF, on top of 5x using CIC.

Have you looked into the BubbleBum? That is what I used with my then 4 year old the last time I was at WDW.
We got this for our 7 year old for a trip in December 2020. Not sure it would work for our 4 year old. I'll talk with her pediatrician on her next checkup.

It looks like she was 32 pounds at her 3 year checkup. Now I'm not sure about her weight now but she's right at 40 inches in height. It seems like she meets the specs for one of these booster seats.

Last edited:
Don't know if anyone here still has a Marriott Night+Flight certificate available, but with the program closure today and move to dynamic rewards pricing upcoming, Marriott has announced that the hotel certificate can only be redeemed through Feb 28, 2022. If you haven't redeemed for a stay by then it will be cancelled and points refunded.

TPG has the details from John Wolf, Marriott’s VP of Loyalty:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/marriott-end-travel-packages/
"Wolf told TPG that members who do not redeem the seven-night hotel stay part of the package by this date will have their package canceled, and the total hotel part will be refunded in points based on peak pricing. So if you redeemed 570,000 points for a Category 7 stay and 100,000 airline miles, you would be refunded 490,000 points."

Also, if you redeem for a stay and need to change it after March 2, 2022, it will be cancelled and refunded in points. Basically, no changes after March 2.

Decided to pull the trigger and purchase a new sectional sofa at Rooms To Go online to help meet our CIC MSR.

The sofa we bought online thru either Amazon or Wayfair during the lockdown when our short term stay in Miami became a long term stay is crappy and will be moved into DH's office. Furniture delivery into the condo bldg during the lockdown was prohibited. We had to buy all our furniture that could be delivered in a box, to be assembled ourselves. DH does not want to ever build another piece of furniture! Lol.

Anyway, furniture inventory is back up and I can finally get something we like delivered next month. The sectional we picked is actually available immediately but we prefer the other (mirror) orientation and so, need to wait a few weeks.

I place the order today and the card got declined! Tried again, same thing. Was just about to call Chase to troubleshoot when I checked the account online... Sure thing, we exceeded out CL! The $3k CL is too low! I had paid some doctors/medical bills a couple of weeks ago on the card and now the CL is not enough to cover the sofa purchase.

I went ahead and paid down the balance on the card today. Waiting to see if if the CL goes back up by tomorrow when the account gets credited. The biz and personal accounts are not linked and I had to do a bill pay on the personal side. Hopefully, I can make the purchase tomorrow. Hate low CL when you need to use the card. Sigh.

Well, the price of the sofa I was going to order today went up by $200+, so I am going to wait some more now and keep looking maybe. :sad2:

Just as well since even though my payment posted, the CL did not increase as much as I thought. I need to spend some time looking into the numbers to see why. Don't you hate when work and life get in the way of traveling planning, point accumulation, and shopping? :rolleyes1

DD applied and got instant approval for the Cap 1 Venture X.! ☺ She’s stationed in Germany and stays at Airbnb’s and needs GE and is renting a car in Orlando next month (she’s running the Princess races). So she’ll make great use of that card! Does anyone know if a CSP can be upgraded to a CSR thru SM? Would love for her to get more away luggage with the away offer.

Last edited:
So I just went in and changed to my SW card. Is that not correct. I have to cancel from CSR? How do you do that?
not sure my cancel date isn't until 1/31 even though I canceled a few days ago. When I changed it to all my other chases it didn't push out the date.

Last edited:
Anyone know anything about the Chase Ink Business Premier Card that is coming soon? I got a call (while I was traveling) from our business relationship banker recommending that we apply for it. $195 AF. He called it Chase's version of a "Black" card to compete with the AMEX Black. I told him I would look into it when I got back. Looks like a 100k SUB for $10k/3mths MSR? Mostly a cash back card.

https://ink.mychasecreditcards.com/...HpuFE1drb4svQiPAOpYaAv2iEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Anyone know anything about the Chase Ink Business Premier Card that is coming soon? I got a call (while I was traveling) from our business relationship banker recommending that we apply for it. $195 AF. He called it Chase's version of a "Black" card to compete with the AMEX Black. I told him I would look into it when I got back. Looks like a 100k SUB?

https://ink.mychasecreditcards.com/...HpuFE1drb4svQiPAOpYaAv2iEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Look closely at the details, and Google some articles. I don’t remember the details, but I seem to recall that there were weird unexpected quirks - like the URs are really just cash back and can’t be combined with other URs or transferred to transfer partners.

DD applied and got instant approval for the Cap 1 Venture X.! ☺ She’s stationed in Germany and stays at Airbnb’s and needs GE and is renting a car in Orlando next month (she’s running the Princess races). So she’ll make great use of that card! Does anyone know if a CSP can be upgraded to a CSR thru SM? Would love for her to get more away luggage with the away offer.

upgraded to a
PC have to be done by phone, they have to read you the new terms and you have to agree to them. Only closing accounts can be done over SM.

upgraded to a

Reddit DPs seem to indicate a call is required to PC. Makes sense to me since they read you a bunch of disclaimers.

Anyone know anything about the Chase Ink Business Premier Card that is coming soon? I got a call (while I was traveling) from our business relationship banker recommending that we apply for it. $195 AF. He called it Chase's version of a "Black" card to compete with the AMEX Black. I told him I would look into it when I got back. Looks like a 100k SUB for $10k/3mths MSR? Mostly a cash back card.

Not being able to combine URs or transfer to partners is a big con for me. It does earn 2% everything and 2.5% on $5000+ transactions. It's a charge card, so you can probably charge more than the low biz CL Chase has been giving. But I'd rather go for a CIU/CIC than this card.

The big bummer for most people is that the UR points earned cannot be combined with another Chase card nor transferred to other programs.
"People with the card have confirmed you can’t transfer to travel partners or combine balances with other cards that can transfer to travel partners."
(https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-soft-launches-chase-ink-business-premier-1000-bonus/)

Otherwise you can use them through the UR portal like any other card - statement credit, travel, gift cards, PYB, etc. ( )

I'm not sure why your banker compared it to the AmEx Black card. :confused3 AFAIK the"Black" card is the Centurion card which would have actual perks for the AF. (But maybe I missed a card somewhere) From the descriptions of this card it's like a CIP but with a different earning structure focused on everyday spends - and no points transfers. If you have a company with more spend than you know what to do with - and don't want to look at CapOne - then this could be interesting.

Look closely at the details, and Google some articles. I don’t remember the details, but I seem to recall that there were weird unexpected quirks - like the URs are really just cash back and can’t be combined with other URs or transferred to transfer partners.

Well, that would be a deal breaker! Seems like the Preferred with a $95 AF would be a better deal than or the $0 AF biz cards.

OH boy! Seems I have 14 pages to read. I'll be honest, not sure I'll get through it all. So my saga...the BF tested positive on Weds. The 12yo tested positive on Thursday. I got the results just before I walked into school, and they still had me come in and teach :headache: :headache: :headache: I tested Sunday night positive on a rapid, then positive on a PCR Monday. I ended up in the ER Tuesday morning at 3am. I was unable to keep anything down, and the body aches were unbearable (I needed pain meds, but I couldn't keep things down). I got an IV, some pain meds, and nausea meds. Yesterday I managed to finally get sleep once I got home. And I felt human.....but that was short lived :( I asked the ER dr to look at my ear as I felt I had an ear infection starting. He looked and saw fluid but said 'well you have Covid, this is all part of it". Sooooo, we don't treat ear infections if you have Covid? Needless to say, my ear is worse today, my neck hurts, my throat hurts. So I have a tele-health appt w/ my doctor tomorrow. Hoping he'll give me something.

Here's the messed up crap....My son tested positive, and we immediately separated him and his sister. He was cleared back to school on Tues. His sister who's been in a different house, and tested negative 4 times now, can't go back till Thursday! I'm set to go back Monday. We'll see. It's finals, and THE WORSE TIME TO BE OUT! I'm loving the email from parents upset I haven't graded - "Oh I heard you have Covid, but just wondering when you might grade my student's work".....ummmm, so far sending the email that I was in the ER has gotten them to back down. I'm holding back from replying "well if your child turned their work in back in Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec when it was assigned, this wouldn't be an issue......but I'm very tempted to do so! I'm hoping I turn the corner. The body aches and headaches were terrible. I wasn't shocked when I started puking because the headaches were so bad. No fever....but we'll see.

The big bummer for most people is that the UR points earned cannot be combined with another Chase card nor transferred to other programs.
"People with the card have confirmed you can’t transfer to travel partners or combine balances with other cards that can transfer to travel partners."
(https://www.doctorofcredit.com/new-soft-launches-chase-ink-business-premier-1000-bonus/)

Otherwise you can use them through the UR portal like any other card - statement credit, travel, gift cards, PYB, etc. ( )

I'm not sure why your banker compared it to the AmEx Black card. :confused3 AFAIK the"Black" card is the Centurion card which would have actual perks for the AF. (But maybe I missed a card somewhere) From the descriptions of this card it's like a CIP but with a different earning structure focused on everyday spends - and no points transfers. If you have a company with more spend than you know what to do with - and don't want to look at CapOne - then this could be interesting.

He probably gets a referral if I sign up that's why! :rotfl2: I think I will pass.

OH boy! Seems I have 14 pages to read. I'll be honest, not sure I'll get through it all. So my saga...the BF tested positive on Weds. The 12yo tested positive on Thursday. I got the results just before I walked into school, and they still had me come in and teach :headache: :headache: :headache: I tested Sunday night positive on a rapid, then positive on a PCR Monday. I ended up in the ER Tuesday morning at 3am. I was unable to keep anything down, and the body aches were unbearable (I needed pain meds, but I couldn't keep things down). I got an IV, some pain meds, and nausea meds. Yesterday I managed to finally get sleep once I got home. And I felt human.....but that was short lived :( I asked the ER dr to look at my ear as I felt I had an ear infection starting. He looked and saw fluid but said 'well you have Covid, this is all part of it". Sooooo, we don't treat ear infections if you have Covid? Needless to say, my ear is worse today, my neck hurts, my throat hurts. So I have a tele-health appt w/ my doctor tomorrow. Hoping he'll give me something.

Here's the messed up crap....My son tested positive, and we immediately separated him and his sister. He was cleared back to school on Tues. His sister who's been in a different house, and tested negative 4 times now, can't go back till Thursday! I'm set to go back Monday. We'll see. It's finals, and THE WORSE TIME TO BE OUT! I'm loving the email from parents upset I haven't graded - "Oh I heard you have Covid, but just wondering when you might grade my student's work".....ummmm, so far sending the email that I was in the ER has gotten them to back down. I'm holding back from replying "well if your child turned their work in back in Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec when it was assigned, this wouldn't be an issue......but I'm very tempted to do so! I'm hoping I turn the corner. The body aches and headaches were terrible. I wasn't shocked when I started puking because the headaches were so bad. No fever....but we'll see.
So very sorry for what you have been through. Hope you all feel better very soon. And yeah the emails would send me over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter