Huge Crane Next To Castle?!

It was there both days every time we were near the castle for our trip a few weeks ago. It was a little bit of a disappointment. I don't have photoshop nor would I know how to use it if I had it so that isn't a good solution for me.
I didn't read all 5 pages but we did find that you couldn't really see the crane using the photopass photographer on the walk-way heading to Adventureland. We got some nice pictures there.

I saw the comment about it being taken down sometimes... I hadn't really noticed, so I went back and looked through my pics from Feb 2013.

Here's the crane...
IMG_3125-M.jpg

And three hours later, it's gone. This was the day after Super Bowl and the post Super Bowl parade with Joe Flacco was about to start, so it looks like they took it down prior to the parade starting:
IMG_3289-M.jpg

IMG_3377-M.jpg

DEC 2006

SEPT 2011

when I see a crane now, I always think of MK :woohoo:

and as you can see it just seems to always be there no matter when in the year I travel......but to me it wouldnt be the castle without the crane :)

Of course your comment was rude and unhelpful. You didn't say anything about photoshop, or anything to be of assistance at all. PP is right -- EVERYTHING on this board is a first-world problem, and the OP's question about the crane is just as valid as people commenting about FP+, or ADR's, or any other topic. Why bother to post on these boards at all if all the first-world problems offend you? No one comes on the DIS to talk about real problems.

Thank you so much for your ever so lovely opinion, I really appreciate your thoughts, they're great.
Although I don't think everything on this board is a first world problem, people posting about people dying, losing employment, losing homes, they're not first world problems, are they?

These boards are not offensive (mostly), the magnificent moderators nip those offensive comments in the bud very quickly.

And FYI, some people do come here to talk about real problems

DEC 2006

SEPT 2011

when I see a crane now, I always think of MK :woohoo:

and as you can see it just seems to always be there no matter when in the year I travel......but to me it wouldnt be the castle without the crane :)

You know you could just photoshop the crane out right?
It would just disappear right out of your shot.

there's a crane ruining my picture of my H2O....

those pesky cranes...

I don't know if that is a crane, it could just be a sick hair clip. Context is everything sometimes.

and saw this!!!!

I just hate it when the crane ruins my view of the castle....

I just have to say I agree that the crane sucks! We encountered it for the first time in 2011 in late Sept when it was putting up lights for Christmas. It wasn't there they year before.

I remember seeing it and thinking, what the heck is that doing there? It was just so flipping obvious and ugly. It does make you edit your photos to remove it, and besides that it just looks bad all day while it's up.

I don't understand why they can't do it at night.

I still don't like it, but I'm more used to it now. It's been up sometime during our 2012 and 2013 trips too. :sad2:

Dan

Hey Bob,

Disney doesn't have to outsource for a Crane to put behind the castle.

profile.jpg

Actually that's the original crane that was used to build the castle. As the story goes...when finally completed, the castle and the crane became great friends which is why the crane still visits the castle regularly :hug: The End. pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter