Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry your Day 7 wasn't so great. Just think of it in these terms...and on the Seventh Day He rested. So, you rested too! I hope Day 8 was better!

Now, that cartoon was HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing that one. Now if you could just find a way to share one of those Kona beers.....:rolleyes1

Day 8 was WAY better healthwise! Unfortunately we had to go home that day! :sad1:
I thought you might like the cartoon! I had to LOL when I first saw it!
Sorry about the Kona beers ...... Tom would love to squeeze one out of the computer screen too! ;)

Aw, sorry you didn't feel so well! I've found Disney's fruit to be very yummy, glad you enjoyed your grapes! Hope your next day is better!

I am not a huge lover of fruit that come in a plastic container - I am one of the strange people who smell fruit before they buy it! :rotfl2: ;)
But these were surprisingly nice!

So sorry you didn't feel well...it's always sad to feel ill on a trip. Hope the next day you were feeling better.

Falling ill at WDW is one of the worst places to do so! :laughing: But at least it was only lasting for that one day! I felt much better the next day!

Sorry you weren't feeling well during your trip! Hope it got better.

My husband flips over coffee beers. Do you mind me asking if you purchased that off property at the store, or on site?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to the rest of the reviews!

Thank you for feeling with me!
This was the first time we found that particular Kona beer! We bought it at Publix. The one that is right behind the Gaylord Palms.

Sorry you were sick Karin !!! I am anxious for the Wave Breakfast review !!!

Thank god I only felt sick for that one day - The Wave was something I didn't want to miss! :goodvibes

Oh gosh, Day 7 did not sound like fun. Its horrible getting sick when you are on holiday and even worse when its at WDW :(

Day 7 - my worst day at Disney! I should have used that as a headline! ;)

Hmm, that beer looks very interesting! Sorry about Day 7, it sucks to get sick on holiday. :(

Tom gave the beer :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 which means he LOVED it a lot! :lmao:

:hug: for feeling with me about feeling sick

no fun being sick a WDW.

I could not have said that any better! Thank you! :hug:

Oh no! Isn't it awful being poorly when you're on holiday?

I hope you recovered soon - nothing should get in the way of the Disney Dining Experience!:rotfl:

I did pull myself together and for the sake of the DIS got up the next morning to do more sampling of food! ;) :lmao:
Okay, honestly - I was glad that I felt much better the next day, so we could keep our ADR at The Wave! :)

Ditto everyone else, sorry you were poorly. You will have to go to Il Mulino next time :)

Thank you! I hope we can get to Il Mulino next February! ;) We have too many free DDP meals scheduled, we can't squeeze it in in the summer! ;) But isn't that a good reason to go back? :goodvibes

It's so yucky when you're sick in Disney.

Well said! Nothing worse than being sick in my happy place! :goodvibes

Oh, your review of California Grill really makes me wnat to go back all the more! Our best meal of the trip, BY FAR, was there. It is the one place I will gladly save up for on our next trip and I can't wait to bring my son there on his first trip.

So sorry to hear that you were sick for part of the trip.

California Grill is awesome, isn't it? It is the one restaurant (apart from WPE) I HAVE to get to every trip! No WDW visit would be complete without a visit to CG! :thumbsup2

So sorry you were sick Karin, I truly hope you were feeling better by the next day

Thank you, yes I did feel MUCH better the next day! :goodvibes

You poor thing, no fun being ill at WDW, hope you felt better the next day:goodvibes

I did! I had to! We only had that one week and being sick for one day was more than enough! ;) :laughing:

Karin – I’m so sorry you got sick on your trip, that is worse than me having a root canal!:hug: Canceling Il Mulino…..OH NO!!!!!!!

Day 8, February 20

Breakfast at The Wave

I woke up feeling much better and ready to enjoy my last day at WDW!
Luckily we had done most of the packing beforehand, so this morning there were only a few things left to pack up and by 8.30 we were out of our wonderful room for good!
We drove over to luggage services and asked them to hold our luggage until the afternoon, as I do not like to keep it in the car in a theme park parking lot.

We arrived at the Wave right at our ADR time and were seated immediately after signing in. We got a table for two towards the back of the restaurants and it took a little time for our server to arrive, but at least it left us some time to start studying the menu!

IMG_4579.jpg

IMG_4580.jpg

IMG_4581.jpg

Tom ordered some coffee and I knew what would do me good -

IMG_4583.jpg

Whole Leaf Silk Sachet Hot Lavender Earl Grey Tea! Really good flavourful tea! Just what the doctor ordered! ;)

IMG_4588.jpg

Tom wanted to try the Southern - Scrambled eggs with smoked pork loin and a biscuit, which he substituted for white toast. I did not want to try anything as I was still afraid my stomach would be upset again, but Tom asured me that he eggs were moist and light and the pork loin had a light smokey flavour. The toast was already buttered and was just that, buttered toast and we both are not the biggest fans of this "white gravy", so I am not even sure he tried it! ;)

IMG_4586.jpg

I opted for the Multigrain French Toast - with fruit compote, with a splash of Acai Juice and choice of bacon. I gave the bacon to Tom (thinking of my stomach) and had the French Toast with the fruit compote and it was heavenly! The fruit was stewed and still had a fresh berry taste! I wasn't able to eat both slices but had I been well the day before I would have! :goodvibes

While we were still eating our server brought the bill, even though we had told her we had a TIW card! So she had to go and modify it. It seemed like a long time until she came back!
But it was worth the wait!

IMG_4616.jpg

Together with the bill our server brought out this container, wishing Tom a Happy Birthday (remember I had noticed the birthday trip when changing some ADRs!) and told him that this was a little present from The Wave!

IMG_4617.jpg

A Cherry Danish! We were so surprised!!! So we settled our bill (with a good tip for our server) and left to spend the last few hours in the Magic Kingdom.

Next up - window shopping at the Main Street Confectioner!

Karin – I’m so sorry you got sick on your trip, that is worse than me having a root canal!:hug: Canceling Il Mulino…..OH NO!!!!!!!

Thank you for feeling my pain! ;) :hug: Yes, we DID cancel Il Mulino and I think it made me feel extra horrible being sick!
Guess we need to go to WDW again to try it ............ :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Karin - I am SO sorry to hear you were sick during your trip! Being sick at WDW is worse than ANY sick day at home...somehow at home you can muster through the day and then crash in bed, but on vacation you keep thinking of all the fun you should be having...!

So glad to hear it was a 24 hour bug! :hug:

Yummy looking breakfast and how lovely that they gave Tom a Cherry Danish for his birthday. Those things are just heavenly :goodvibes

Another great review Karin. Tom's breakfast looked really good but I would have been in heaven with your French toast :)

I can't see the picture of Tom's breakfast, which is a shame as it sounds very nice. I love smoked pork loin - yum :)

Glad you were feeling a little better:)

Never mind the Wave breakfast, that cherry danish looks delicious, mmmmmmmmmmm!

Shame the trip is ending....

Sorry to be MIA for quite a while, but it was quite a week at work with two special projects, one of which included catering for 900 guest students for a day! :scared1: and a job project we did. So ......... after correcting 27 exam books, each had four pages to correct plus 2 essays to mark I am FINALLY back!!!! :goodvibes

Karin - I am SO sorry to hear you were sick during your trip! Being sick at WDW is worse than ANY sick day at home...somehow at home you can muster through the day and then crash in bed, but on vacation you keep thinking of all the fun you should be having...!

So glad to hear it was a 24 hour bug! :hug:

Thank you! I HATE being sick at home, but being sick at WDW is worse - it means missing a day of Mickey fun!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Great update Karin !!!!

Thanks, Rosie! :flower3:

Yummy looking breakfast and how lovely that they gave Tom a Cherry Danish for his birthday. Those things are just heavenly :goodvibes

We were so pleasantly surprised with The Wave breakfast! It was really yummy and I loved my French Toast with the berry compot! Mmmmmmm!!!!!! :cloud9:

Another great review Karin. Tom's breakfast looked really good but I would have been in heaven with your French toast :)

That was some really good French Toast! We don't have anything like it here in Austria, so I make sure I get my fair share while in the US and this one was SO good!!!!!
You might consider the Wave for your next trip! ;)

Breakfast at The Wave looks great! How was the cherry danish?

Loved the breakfast! We had the danish at the airport and while it was nice we both found the filling (Cherry stuff in the middle, :lmao:) a bit too sweet. Austria is famous for it's sweet things and we do some great Danish, but ours are by far not THAT sweet! :goodvibes

I can't see the picture of Tom's breakfast, which is a shame as it sounds very nice. I love smoked pork loin - yum :)

Joh, I checked on several computers and the photos showed on all of them - so I hope they will show for you now too!
Tom gave his breakfast :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Glad you were feeling a little better:)

Never mind the Wave breakfast, that cherry danish looks delicious, mmmmmmmmmmm!

Shame the trip is ending....

It was such a nice surprise from The Wave to give him that danish, even though it was a bit on the sweet side!

Don't worry about this trip ending - our next one will be here before we know it! We are only 118 days out! Time to start planning - BIG TIME!!!! :laughing:

Wow sounds like you were super busy, glad you're back though :goodvibes

Day 8, February 20

Main Street Confectionery

Once we had finished our breakfast at The Wave we walked over to the Magic Kingdom to enjoy the last few hours of our trip there.

We entered the Main Square and took in the sights and sounds and finally paid the Main Street Confectionery a visit. Not to shop but to just explore what they had on offer - so here is a little update!

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

Next up - I NEED popcorn - urgently! ;) :lmao:

Wow sounds like you were super busy, glad you're back though :goodvibes

It was an extra busy week and there were some other sad things happening, and not being able to enjoy the DISboards was just "not nice"! ;)

But it's good to be back! :thumbsup2

Oooooh!!! DS just saw the rice krispies with the chocolate mickey heads on them and he has them on his list.

What is it about the Confectionery that is just so overwhelmingly charming!??!?!

Busy, busy, busy--wow, what a schedule.

Love the pics of Main Street bakery items...I could take one of each right about now.

Mark is on his plane on his way to Florida. He's having dinner with Nicki and Todd on Thursday night. I told him to take pics so I can post (we'll see if he remembers).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter