Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! :hug:

The server was "not like any other before", :lmao: He told us about his daughter travelling Europe and how she had missed free refills!
We actually were sure about not wanting dessert, but that cake was too good to be left behind! ;)

OT: Have you started your planning journal yet? Don't forget to post the link - I am SOOOOOO in! :goodvibes

Aww bless, sounds like you guys had a great night out :goodvibes

OT: Oh coolbeans, my first reader :hug: I am hoping to start it once I have a definite date booked, which might just be very soon. Keep an eye out for it, will defo let you know when I do start one :cutie:

looks like you had a great meal there :)

been a lot of great reviews for CG recently, i may have to try it again as my 1st experience was rubbish.

youre right citrus couc cous with salmon sounds strange......but i can imagine it tasted very yum. :)

Yay, an update! Cali Grill is #1 for DBF for our next trip-- I am drooling over that salmon!

Whoa......that flatbread looks and sounds amazing!:woohoo:

Hi Kat! :wave2: Flatbread = :worship: :laughing: Yes, it was THAT good!

Aww bless, sounds like you guys had a great night out :goodvibes

OT: Oh coolbeans, my first reader :hug: I am hoping to start it once I have a definite date booked, which might just be very soon. Keep an eye out for it, will defo let you know when I do start one :cutie:

:thumbsup2

looks like you had a great meal there :)

been a lot of great reviews for CG recently, i may have to try it again as my 1st experience was rubbish.

youre right citrus couc cous with salmon sounds strange......but i can imagine it tasted very yum. :)

I am so sorry to hear you had a bad experience at the Cali Grill! It is our MUST do restaurant every trip and we have been known to go there even more than once a trip!
Give it another try - I hope they can make up for the first disappointment!

Yay, an update! Cali Grill is #1 for DBF for our next trip-- I am drooling over that salmon!

I hope your time there is as wonderful as the time we had in February! :thumbsup2

I was all set to have sushi and nothin but sushi on my next trip to CG in September...but that flatbread is making me change my mind...mmmm...that looks fantastic!! :worship: looks like now it will be flatbread and sushi...a little less sushi...;)

I was all set to have sushi and nothin but sushi on my next trip to CG in September...but that flatbread is making me change my mind...mmmm...that looks fantastic!! :worship: looks like now it will be flatbread and sushi...a little less sushi...;)

I had just sushi last time and wasn't all that impressed. I'd def do sushi and flatbread!:goodvibes

I've been waiting for this update, and it didn't disappoint! Can you believe I've never eaten at CG? It's never been someplace we'd take our kids to. Someday....

Hi Karin awesome update again !! That cake looked delish and so did the flatbread!!!

I have not been rescheduled for the surgery yet !!! I am getting a little annoyed as my schedule and Judy's are not that flexible and we both need to know !!!

Love the Cali Grill update...Tom's dinner looks wonderful. And that cake looks almost as good as my favorite, the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake at LeCellier.

Our "little" surprise is not going to work out. :-)

Ahhh! California Grill! How I love thee!:love:

Great review Karin!:thumbsup2

We have been to the CG the last two times we've been to WDW. We thought we might give it a rest this time.....no way!:laughing: We couldn't miss it out - it's our must do! The great thing is our teenagers love it too and the service is always amazing.

We are at OKW from the 10th August - can't wait!:cool1:

Great review of CG and lovely pictures
I had the same entree when we dined there last week

........ and still Day 6, February 18

And another lunch at Tangerine Cafe

After spending some more time in Japan and watching the candy lady we walked over to Morocco to have one more shared lunch at the Tangerine Cafe.
We had eaten there before and really enjoyed it, so we were looking forward to try something new.
We were not sure what to get, so we started checking the menu.

Mediteranean Sliders Combo - three pita pockets - lamb, chicken and falafel with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumber and Tahini sauce served with Lentils, Hummus and Tabouleh.
To be honest this was one of the worst meals we had have ever had at WDW! The pita bread was dry and the sauce they sprinkled inside that NOT help it at all. The meat was icy cold and had absolutely NO taste at all. The falafel was hard and dry and tasted like it was days old and the nasty greens tasted like they had been kept in a plastic bag for ages. The lentils were okay, but bland and so was the Hummus.
We had a bite or two of each one and that was it - I was glad I had gotten a bottle of water to wash it down with.

Karin - I wonder if this is a consistent experience at Tangerine? I was psyched to hit this CS hotspot but I'm SOOO thankful for your straightforward review of this experience. It looks sloppy and sounds like it was outright terrible.

Thank You for the great report so far ... this is the kind of information (shared with passion and wit) that really makes the Dis so awesome!!:worship:

....... and still Day 6, February 18

And more food for us :woohoo: dinner at the California Grill

IMG_4561.jpg

OK - I haven't had breakfast yet ... but hearing that description and seeing this pic I don't think anything I can choose to eat will take my craving for this flatbread away. We don't have plans for dinner at the CG for our upcoming trip in May (I'm traveling as a single dad now and my 8 yr old triplets are likely not going to appreciate CG) ... but I'll be tempted to see if I can get something like this to go ... probably not ... but wishful thinking never hurt! :surfweb:

I can make my ADRs on Monday and now I'm trying to find a way to squeeze CG into my list.....:rotfl2:....your fault.....:flower3:

:laughing: I hope you FOUND a way to squeeze it in! ;) Hope you get ALL your ADRs for the time you want them! :goodvibes
It's much easier now that we are back to 180 days! :cloud9:

I can SO understand .... we always talk about having "something else" but then the flatbreads always win! :lmao:
Go for both, a yum flatbread and some sushi (the California Roll is to die for!)

I had just sushi last time and wasn't all that impressed. I'd def do sushi and flatbread!:goodvibes

:lmao: Yeah! That's my girl! :woohoo:

I've been waiting for this update, and it didn't disappoint! Can you believe I've never eaten at CG? It's never been someplace we'd take our kids to. Someday....

You HAVE TO try CG one of these days! It is one of our absolute favourites! And the one we HAVE TO go to every trip! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin awesome update again !! That cake looked delish and so did the flatbread!!!

I have not been rescheduled for the surgery yet !!! I am getting a little annoyed as my schedule and Judy's are not that flexible and we both need to know !!!

We were so surprised when the server came out with the cake! And it was just SOOOOOO good!
Love my flatbreads and even though some of the combinations the CG offers look a bit "strange" we have never yet had one that wasn't absolutely wonderful!

Love the Cali Grill update...Tom's dinner looks wonderful. And that cake looks almost as good as my favorite, the Chocolate on Chocolate Whiskey Cake at LeCellier.

Our "little" surprise is not going to work out. :-)

I am glad you like the update! We always love it there.
Yes, it reminded me of the LeCellier cake as well! :goodvibes ... and it was sooooo good too!

Sorry about the surprise not going to work out! I'll PM you about that later today, need to do some shopping and planting for our patio first!

Wonderful California Grill reviews. That's my #1 must-do this fall.

:lmao: Good choice! :goodvibes Try to hit it at a fireworks time and watch them from the observation deck! :thumbsup2

Ahhh! California Grill! How I love thee!:love:

Great review Karin!:thumbsup2

We have been to the CG the last two times we've been to WDW. We thought we might give it a rest this time.....no way!:laughing: We couldn't miss it out - it's our must do! The great thing is our teenagers love it too and the service is always amazing.

We are at OKW from the 10th August - can't wait!:cool1:

You sound a lot like me when it comes to "miss" California Grill! ;) I just booked us another visit for the second part of our summer trip!

Oh, and by the way, we will arrive at OKW on August 14th, staying for 12 nights, so we might bump into each other there! :goodvibes

Great CG review! I really hope we can get an ADR there for Oct! Yum!!

It's one of our absolute favourites! We love it! I really hope you can get your Oct ADR!

Great review of CG and lovely pictures
I had the same entree when we dined there last week

Thank you! They had some wonderful choices last time, didn't they? CG = :cloud9: for us! ;)

Karin - I wonder if this is a consistent experience at Tangerine? I was psyched to hit this CS hotspot but I'm SOOO thankful for your straightforward review of this experience. It looks sloppy and sounds like it was outright terrible.

Thank You for the great report so far ... this is the kind of information (shared with passion and wit) that really makes the Dis so awesome!!:worship:

I am not sure at HOW consistant this is at Tangerine! We went there last September and loved it (had the shawarma platter) but this time it was just gross! :sad2: Rosie went there a little before us and had the same experience, so I don't know if February was just an off month! :confused3

Thank you for reading and your kind words on my review! It's not easy sometimes doing this in a foreign language! :goodvibes

OK - I haven't had breakfast yet ... but hearing that description and seeing this pic I don't think anything I can choose to eat will take my craving for this flatbread away. We don't have plans for dinner at the CG for our upcoming trip in May (I'm traveling as a single dad now and my 8 yr old triplets are likely not going to appreciate CG) ... but I'll be tempted to see if I can get something like this to go ... probably not ... but wishful thinking never hurt! :surfweb:

I checked out your trip report and your triplets are SO cute! I just peeked, but I need to go back today and READ it all!
Hope you get your flatbread "to go", but if not there are a few places that offer flatbreads, not as fancy as this one, but quite good - we had a cheeseburger flatbread at SSR last year! :laughing:

I just got an email from our friend Vinny (a cop in NC) sending me this! And I though some of you might get a kick out of it too!

mickey.jpg

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter