Hakuna Matata -no worries- here's another dining review Update 4/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh yummy, could do with one of those right now :)

They are soooooooooo good! I always take some home, put them in a plastic container and they keep for quite a while! :cloud9:

I LOVE those magic cookie bars!! They sell something similar, if not the exact same thing, at Roaring Forks CS at WL. I have to get that every trip to Fort Wilderness. What I wouldn't give for one of those right now.

Anxiously awaiting your WPE review. I am curious as to whether you will like the place. :rotfl2:

I will need to check out Roaring Forks then for the Magic Cookie Bars - they are amazing! :love:

Well, I won't give away if we liked or didn't like WPE right now! :rotfl:

Still Day 8, February 20

A late lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express

Having our last meal on Disney property at Wolfgang Puck's Express, has become kind of a tradition for us. And even though I had not been feeling all that well the day before I wanted to keep that tradition.
So we went into the parking lot, found a space closeby after 2 rounds circling the lot and headed over the Wolfgang Puck's Express.
We placed our order and picked a table and waited for our food.

IMG_4592.jpg

Tom had been intrigued by the Butternut Squash Soup - with a roasted red pepper swirl and chives.
You will be surprised to hear that this is the first item on the WPE menu that we did NOT like at all! :scared1:
The soup was very thick and SO sweet and the roasted red pepper did not help it all. We both took just one or two spoonfuls and left the rest! Maybe we are just to used to our own pumpkin soup here in Austria, which is served with a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil!

IMG_4597.jpg

But the pizzas didn't disappoint! Tom had the BBQ Chicken Pizza - All-natural chicken, mozzarella, red onions, tomatoes, chili oil, cilantro and sweet and tangy BBQ sauce. Crisp thin base and moist chicken, tangy sauce - yummy!!!

IMG_4595.jpg

I didn't dare order the 4 cheese pesto pizza, as it is very heavy with all the cheese, so I went for the next best thing, the Pizza Margherita - tomato-basil garlic sauce, mozzarella and parmesan, Roma tomatoes and fresh basil. I was in pizza heaven with it!

And I could not leave without a taste of this ........

IMG_4596.jpg

The Creme Brulee! It is still the same as it was before, it only comes in a china dish! Sooooooooooooooooooooo good! I loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once we were done eating there was still another place we needed to get to!

Next up - more treats from Goofy's Candy Company!

I'm shocked!:eek:

Something you didn't like at WPE!!!!

(Well, it's taken you long enought to find it!:rotfl:)

I can't wait to go to WPE and try out all the delicious things you mentioned - especially the creme brulee!

Great pics of the pizzas! I can almost taste them. WPE Pizza Margherita is definitely one of my faves. I might have to get one this week. (no, I'm not going to Disney...we have a WPE down the street from my office.)

Great update Karin !!! I wouldn't like the soup either !!! Did they still have the meatloaf on the menu !! That was absolutely delish !!!

I LOVE WPE's pizzas! So incredibly delicious- can't think of a better final meal in Disney!! Sorry the soup was off-- that's the thing. If you try new things, there's the chance you won't like it. Of course, you will also be missing the wonderful things you could like. I've always wanted to try the WPE pastas, but it's so hard giving up that amazing pizza!! DBF sticks with the chicken fingers-- I make fun of him, but I have to admit, they're delicious!

Just catching up and want to know where I can get one of those Magic Bars from, they look wonderful :cool1:
A previous poster said you can get them from Roaring Forks and I am so excited as we have just booked Wilderness Lodge :banana::banana:
Thanks so much for sharing the WPE 'secret' I just loved the Pizza in there :thumbsup2

I'm shocked!:eek:

Something you didn't like at WPE!!!!

(Well, it's taken you long enought to find it!:rotfl:)

I can't wait to go to WPE and try out all the delicious things you mentioned - especially the creme brulee!

Yes, we both laughed about the fact that there WAS something we did not like at WPE! But they must have mixed up Wolfi's recipe, because that soup was just gross and we make a mean pumpkin soup here in Austria!
And if you should have missed the fact ;), Wolfi is Austrian!! Hehe!! :rotfl:

There are just so many yummy things on the menu - just stay away from the "orange" soup, :lmao: - and the Creme Brulee is to die for!

Great pics of the pizzas! I can almost taste them. WPE Pizza Margherita is definitely one of my faves. I might have to get one this week. (no, I'm not going to Disney...we have a WPE down the street from my office.)

I had the Pizza Margherita for the first time and it was sooooooo good! And it is soooooooo unfair you have a WPE down the street from your office! ;) :lmao:
I need to wait another 111 days until I get a taste of this wonderful food again! :thumbsup2

Great update Karin !!! I wouldn't like the soup either !!! Did they still have the meatloaf on the menu !! That was absolutely delish !!!

Yes, the meatloaf is still on the menu - that was one thing I wanted to try but I just didn't feel like it. I have worked on my itinerary for summer and there are numerous visits to WPE, so I hope to give it a try then.

I LOVE WPE's pizzas! So incredibly delicious- can't think of a better final meal in Disney!! Sorry the soup was off-- that's the thing. If you try new things, there's the chance you won't like it. Of course, you will also be missing the wonderful things you could like. I've always wanted to try the WPE pastas, but it's so hard giving up that amazing pizza!! DBF sticks with the chicken fingers-- I make fun of him, but I have to admit, they're delicious!

Thankfully Tom tries many different things at WPE, so I at least get a taste! :rotfl2:
Otherwise I am like you - can't say no to the yummy pizzas. But maybe I should try the chicken fingers once - love them, but have never had them at WPE!

Just catching up and want to know where I can get one of those Magic Bars from, they look wonderful :cool1:
A previous poster said you can get them from Roaring Forks and I am so excited as we have just booked Wilderness Lodge :banana::banana:
Thanks so much for sharing the WPE 'secret' I just loved the Pizza in there :thumbsup2

I buy my Magic Cookie Bars at the Riverside Mill at Port Orleans Riverside, but Dave seems to have found something similar at Roaring Forks! So you might get really lucky at the WL. The WL is just so beautiful! It was our first brush with a deluxe resort. You are going to love it there!
I am happy that you like my fellow countryman Wolfgang's food! This is definitely a hidden gem, so let's hope not too many people find out about it! ;)

Okay...I haven't read your latest review and promise to get back to it. Just wanted to let you know that Mark and I have decided we can do four nights at Disney BEFORE Marco Island because we didn't have to pay taxes. And Mark talked to Nicki when he had dinner with her and Todd last week and Nicki may join us (this would be really good because she can ride the coasters with me because Mark won't be able to because of his back surgery and she can introduce him to all her favorites at the counter services in WS).

I'll be back after I read your review. :)

Great review, I like that you both have an end of vaca tradition :goodvibes

Loving your review so far. Only on the 4th day, lots of catching up to do.

I will be staying at CSR on my upcoming trip! Cant wait!

Okay...I haven't read your latest review and promise to get back to it. Just wanted to let you know that Mark and I have decided we can do four nights at Disney BEFORE Marco Island because we didn't have to pay taxes. And Mark talked to Nicki when he had dinner with her and Todd last week and Nicki may join us (this would be really good because she can ride the coasters with me because Mark won't be able to because of his back surgery and she can introduce him to all her favorites at the counter services in WS).

I'll be back after I read your review. :)

:woohoo: 4 nights at Disney !!!! :woohoo: CBR is my guess ;) :woohoo:

It would be wonderful if Nicki could join you as well! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! Just sad, that I am going to miss ya again! :sad2:

Just read the last of your reviews...does this mean you might have a pre-trip in the works? :thumbsup2

Hi Tina! :wave2: Thanks for still reading along! Can you believe it, but I am really working on a pre-trippie! Since we can no longer connect the pre-dining ones with the dining reviews I am going to do a real trip report - should be fun - 4 weeks of Disney - it's going to take me ages. :rotfl: As soon as I have actually put it up I will put the link in my siggie - hope to see you there! :goodvibes

Great review, I like that you both have an end of vaca tradition :goodvibes

Can't go home without the taste of WPE's Creme Brulee in my mouth! ;) :rotfl2: I have already planned for a few more visits in August/September! :lmao:

Loving your review so far. Only on the 4th day, lots of catching up to do.

I will be staying at CSR on my upcoming trip! Cant wait!

You will love the CSR :goodvibes - it was our first visit and it was truely wonderful there! We spent quite a bit of time exploring the resort as there were so many different areas to check out!
Oh, and thanks for reading! :flower3:

Still Day 8, February 20

More treats from Goofy's

Once we had finished our lunch at Wolfgang Puck's Express we walked over to Goofy's Candy Company to pick up the last few snacks we wanted to take home.

While waiting for our "make our own" treats we came across these beauties!

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4609.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

And here is what we actually took home .......

IMG_4626.jpg

For a friend's son we got a rice crispy treat dipped in milk chocolate and sprinkles and drizzled with milk chocolate.

IMG_4627.jpg

and these were mine, all mine! :lmao: Pretzel rods dipped in dark chocolate, one dipped in oreo crumbs, in in shredded coconut and one in crushed butterfinger! All three were drizzled with milk chocolate. I kept them in an airtight container at home and every bite reminded me of another wonderful vacation at WDW!

By then it was time to really say goodbye, so we went back to the car and with a very sad heart drove to the airport. The line for check in was LONG! :scared1: But we had reserved our seats right when we booked our flights so everything was good.

The long plane ride home ........

Once we had checked in we dropped off our bags and strolled through the airport, just to stop at this particular shop!

DSC_0074.jpg

Disney's Earport

We finally sat opposite this sign

DSC_0080.jpg

and shared the Cherry Danish Tom had gotten at the Wave.

IMG_4617.jpg

About an hour and a half before our plane was supposed to leave we made it through security, then took the monorail to the gate and waited to board the plane.
We left Orlando right on time, but the noise from the engine didn't really make me feel good, so I took two sleeping aid pills and went right to sleep after about 30 minutes of flight. Tom took some too and we both slept right through dinner service.
We woke up shortly before breakfast was served.

IMG_4619.jpg

The fruit was nice and cold and fresh, but the roll was soft and stone cold and the butter frozen solid. I opened the tin foil on the tray and found an omelet in the little container, but it smelled odd and had a leathery consistancy so I didn't even try it.

In Frankfurt we were greated with a sign that said that our onward flight was delayed - just what I wanted to hear. But we finally left an hour late.
This is only a 50 minute flight but they still hand out little treats and drinks, so this is what we both had!

IMG_4620.jpg

Sandwich cookies and some tea, Tom had coffee.

Once at home we picked up some groceries at a gas station, the only place that is open at weekends and had some sausages and rolls for dinner.

b_wurst-semmel-1-1.jpg

And that's it ........ we started another countdown ........ well, actually just continued on with our summer one - we currently hold at 109 days!

Mmmmm chocolate covered pretzels are my fav! Sorry your trip is done, but honestly, I'm not that sorry-- SO EXCITED that you get to go in a little more than 3 months!!! I can't wait to live vicariously through your next set of reviews. This one was fabulous as always!

Another wonderful review Karin!:thumbsup2

We are currently at 104 days and can't wait to be doing the double digit dance! Our 100 day countdown calendar is on the wall, ready for action.

Can I ask about the Goofy's treats - I am sooooo craving some pretzel rods - I've never had them before. Are they still available on the DDP as snack credits? I had a horrible feeling someone said they weren't included any more. Whatever the case - I will still be having some!:rotfl:

I'm so looking forward to my trip - then coming back and reading about your food adventures! :surfweb: Have you got your ADRs booked?

Shari xx

That was great- you do such a wonderful job! I LOVE reading your reviews...I am so sad you're done!! And I can't BELIEVE what your next trip looks like!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: Will we overlap at all? I'll be there with my DH September 24th to 29th at AKV....right before the start of F&W, grrrrrrr....;)

Thanks for writing, I truly enjoyed all the drooling!! :rotfl:

Karin ~ Thanks for your WONDERFUL dining reviews :thumbsup2. You give such great descriptions and take great pictures :worship:. You are lucky to have such a great traveling companion in Tom :). Can't wait for the reviews form your 21 day trip :scared1:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter