** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

We're less than 2 weeks out from leaving Chicago for Santa Ana! I love that next week, the temps are showing 70s, I hope those temps make it into President's Day week too! The last 2 Februarys, we have chosen the weeks in CA where they had "unusually high temperatures" - it was so warm the last 2 years, which caused us to laugh - seeing families at DL in parkas when it went down to ~50s at night. We were still in shorts & light sweaters. Anything over about 60 degrees will feel like a break from the cold, gloomy, gray weather we've had the last 2 months here in Chicagoland!!! Getting excited!!
We leave in 13 days and I keep checking the weather app also! I was happy to see that their cloudy/rainy days look to be changing to sunny and 70s! Coming from Seattle we'll be happy with sunshine no matter what the temps are, we currently have a foot of snow which is highly unusual.

Our crew is counting down, too! 16 more days for us...but I've already started putting together some of the things we're going to bring, like our lanyards & pins and Mickey ears! The 5 of us decided to Disneybound as characters from UP! on one of our days, so we've been gathering things for those outfits, and the graphic designer in the group is making us t-shirts to wear on our other full park day together.

I'm a little nervous about our travel day for this trip. DS and I will be flying down from Sacramento on the 22nd to meet up with our friends, who will already be in LA for another event on Tuesday, and then they're driving to Anaheim on Wednesday morning. We're in South Lake Tahoe for the first part of the week for the annual trip to the snow with DH's side of the family, and DH is driving us to the airport in Sacramento early Wed morning. I'm really hoping and praying that the weather cooperates, because if it's snowing we might not make it over the pass in time for our flight. The way the weather has been this year, there's no way of knowing how good the roads will be, and DH is a true Californian and doesn't do well driving in the snow (and I don't have a drivers license, so I'm no help, either). If all goes well, we'll be landing in Orange County at 1pm, and taking Lyft to the Fairfield to drop off our carry-on bags before we meet our friends in the park. At least we won't have any checked bags - our friends are going to drive down on Monday, so they're taking our Disney suitcase with them, and we'll pack a separate bag for Tahoe that DH will bring home with him. He still thinks we're crazy for adding Disneyland into the week, but DS and I will jump at any opportunity to go to DLR!

We leave in 13 days and I keep checking the weather app also! I was happy to see that their cloudy/rainy days look to be changing to sunny and 70s! Coming from Seattle we'll be happy with sunshine no matter what the temps are, we currently have a foot of snow which is highly unusual.
Our flight from SeaTac WAS today but, of course, was canceled. Got a flight to Reno then john wayne tomorrow AM. or could switch to lax. I hope this freak snow stops - although the kids had fun. Needless to say, I'm not amused.

Our flight from SeaTac WAS today but, of course, was canceled. Got a flight to Reno then john wayne tomorrow AM. or could switch to lax. I hope this freak snow stops - although the kids had fun. Needless to say, I'm not amused.

Oh no! Hope all the flight details work out and your travel goes smoothly!

We'll be traveling from Bellevue, outside Seattle on the 18th - I keep doing the same thing!

Oh man that's a bummer. I hope you get there asap!

My boyfriend and I were there this past Sunday as a last minute adventure and I finally broke down and bought an AP.

The crowds were definitely manageable, not too crazy IMHO. We were at DCA for rope drop and I was actually surprised to hear so many grumpy and grouchy people around me. I've been going to WDW my entire life and since moving to California, I've been keeping the tradition on this coast...but I've never been so upset as these individuals. Who could possibly be anything but excited while at DLR or DCA?! I hope everyone headed there this week and beyond have a great experience, the off season is still pretty magical if you ask me ::MickeyMo

We are heading down for a last minute trip President's day week. Planning on driving down Tuesday 2/21 and hitting the parks 2/22 and 2/23. My husband is giving a lecture in So Cal so we decided to surprise the kids (5 & 10) with a couple days at DLR! We were just there last November (we usually go once a year and stay on site for 5-6 days, making it feel luxurious and really enjoying the resort) but this time we are doing a quicker trip and staying at HoJo. Needless to say it's going to be different but I have really no expectations other than to enjoy surprising our kids and then to just go with the flow. We'll likely be back sometime in the fall to stay at the Grand after the refurb so I'm not worried about planning or doing everything. It's so liberating!

Anyhow, looking forward to some sunshine and the lovely ambience of the parks in a couple of weeks. I hope it's not super crowded but even if it is we will happily munch churros and wander around bugs land!

I have a MSEP Blue Bayou Dining Package for 6 people that I won't be able to attend on Monday, February 20 at 5:40. I am not sure if its the same as disney world where when I cancel it, the reservation would become available to another party. I was just wondering if someone was interested in this before I do cancel so we could set up a time to accomplish this feat. If no one wants it I will plan on canceling it early next week. Thanks

My wife and I are also looking at the weather hoping for highs in the 50's and occasional rain. Would like to have the park to ourselves and mid-50's would feel 80 degrees warmer than today's weather in Fargo.

Looks like our wishes may be answered - cool and rainy next weekend (not that I give much credence to forecasts more than three days out).

I'm leaving for my first solo trip to Disneyland at the end of the month (February 27-March 2). I'm staying at Desert Palm Hotel and Suites, where I got an amazing deal booking through work.

I am hoping next weekend's weather changes. I don't mind a quick rain shower, but I don't want it to happen throughout the day for 3 days! I am excited for AP days though, we have never been able to attend.

Now the weather is looking even worse for this upcoming weekend!!! It is calling for nearly an inch on Friday day, and 1/2 inch in the evening. Ugh!

Hi guys! We just booked a last minute trip for the 26-28th to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Excited and nervous to go. We haven't been there in about 10 years when we were stationed in California and this time it's just me and my husband. No KIDS!! Whooohooo!!
We are staying at the Candy Cane inn. Hopefully that wasn't too bad of a choice. When we went the last time we stayed at HOJO and enjoyed it. We usually just stay at the park from open to close and crash so we didnt need anything fancy.

I think I've caught up with adding the couple new posters joining in February.

Our trip is 10 days away! Our first day in the park is actually the 24th, though!

Hoping for good weather!

3.18" on Friday according to Accuweather!
Weather Underground shows 1.74" on Friday, looks like pretty much all day, too. I like this app because it also gives a bit of an indication of when the rain lets up. Like it's showing the rain is going to peak at about mid-day Sunday, but that the total will be .35" It also looks like the evenings will generally be less rainy, for what that's worth. *shrugs* Who knows. I just ordered a handful of foldable clear umbrellas from amazon. They'll make for cute pictures. Lol.

Anyone know what wet-weather park footwear should be? Should my kids wear galoshes, or does that risk blisters too much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter