** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

Weather Underground shows 1.74" on Friday, looks like pretty much all day, too. I like this app because it also gives a bit of an indication of when the rain lets up. Like it's showing the rain is going to peak at about mid-day Sunday, but that the total will be .35" It also looks like the evenings will generally be less rainy, for what that's worth. *shrugs* Who knows. I just ordered a handful of foldable clear umbrellas from amazon. They'll make for cute pictures. Lol.

Anyone know what wet-weather park footwear should be? Should my kids wear galoshes, or does that risk blisters too much?

What umbrellas did you order? I was just shopping for some small ones to order. I did order rain ponchos for us all!

I just bought my rain boots for this weekend's trip. I've been meaning to buy some for the last couple of years anyway and now I have a compelling reason to finally do it....silver linings.

I just bought my rain boots for this weekend's trip. I've been meaning to buy some for the last couple of years anyway and now I have a compelling reason to finally do it....silver linings.

I was just about to buy some, but put them back. I worry that they might not be comfortable for the amount of walking we do... Hmmm, what to do!

After seeing so many pictures of huge puddles and knowing we are going to be in the parks all day, I went ahead and got them. I may put an extra pair of shoes in a locker in case the rain boots get cumbersome, but I'd hate for my feet to be cold, wet and miserable all day.

Embrace the rain, friends! We had a light rain at DL on the morning of February 7 and then got rained on all evening at DCA on February 10 and it was still an awesome time. Lines were short and FastPasses were super available. We threw on our raincoats and had a blast. On Tuesday, we enjoyed a quiet morning at Disneyland and got on lots of rides during a drizzly Extra Magic Hour. On Friday night, DD had a great time playing in all the puddles at DCA and "skating" on the slippery tile in front of the Ariel ride. We had thought about trying to see evening shows in DL on February 10, but DD just wanted to go on rides in DCA, so I have no idea if the shows were cancelled or not.

FYI, I own rain boots but didn't pack them. Even in the heavier Friday rain, my feed stayed dry in my running shoes. DH also wore running/hiking shoes and was fine. DD wore her Keen sandals that are actually more like Tevas and enjoyed having wet feet for some reason. She was stylin' in sandals, fleece leggings, a Princess Anna dress, and her rain jacket.

I am planning on being there on Friday and with over an inch of rain forecasted, I will be packing my full rain gear and bogs. I live in Oregon and an inch is a lot in one day even for us! At least it will be 60 degrees! It is definitely more than a drizzle and rain jackets will simply drip off on to jeans and on to shoes. I recommend a baseball style hat under the hood to keep your face dry too. Umbrellas drip onto unsuspecting neighbors in line, poke people in the eye or drip on your backpack (learned that lesson in college).

A hat is a great idea! I am happy to see that Sunday calls for sunshine and 65 degrees!

Also, if you place your cell phone in a ziploc it can be used through the plastic - no need to remove it (except for pictures of course)!

Our travel plans have had to change, thanks to all the crazy rain and the resulting mudslides. We were supposed to be heading up to South Lake Tahoe this weekend, and then on Wednesday morning we were going to drive to Sacramento, where DS and I would catch a flight to Orange County and meet our friends at Disneyland for the rest of the week. Then we saw that highway 50 into Tahoe was closed (it's reopened now), and 80 was down to one lane, and we started wondering if maybe it wasn't such a good idea to head up there and risk missing the flight out of Sacramento on Wednesday if the roads closed again. DH started talking to his family, who were also all supposed to be up there with us, and we found out that most of them were also rethinking the trip. Then we learned about the winter storm warning for the weekend, the flood warning through early Tuesday morning, and the forecast for nearly non-stop rain and snow for the days we would be there.

So! Tonight I changed our flights to leave out of San Jose (the closest airport to our house), and we're cancelling the annual family trip to the snow. DH is really bummed, because he always looks forward to playing in the snow with DS, but he's going to still take the days off work to have some other family adventures. But the awesome news is that DS and I will now arrive at SNA at 9am instead of 1pm, and since our friends will have our luggage with them when they drive down on Tuesday, we can just bring our park bags and go straight to Disneyland from the airport!!! Woo hoo!! More time in the parks!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter