** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

Hey all - it's now February 1st!!! Alllll aboard!

Are we excited yet? :donald:

All new check-ins have been added to the first post! Welcome!

[We need to find a Catholic Church if anybody has recommendations. Would like a place and history, and English speaking. Will have a vehicle so can travel.]

Back in the 90s when we visited mom and dad picked this place to goto: St. Pius V Catholic Church in Buena Park (we used to stay in BP, so it was closer). Here's the website: http://www.stpiusvbp.org/

Leaving on Friday! Taking a nice, peaceful train ride (as a mom normally trapped inside a vehicle for a hours with two kids, I am looking forward to the train with a book as much as Disneyland itself!). Aladdin Oasis MSEP meal on Friday for the first showing, and Frozen Lunch package on Saturday. Not doing WOC this time around. So excited!!

Leaving on Friday! Taking a nice, peaceful train ride (as a mom normally trapped inside a vehicle for a hours with two kids, I am looking forward to the train with a book as much as Disneyland itself!). Aladdin Oasis MSEP meal on Friday for the first showing, and Frozen Lunch package on Saturday. Not doing WOC this time around. So excited!!
How long is the train ride?

Trains are the best! We take Amtrak to Chicago on a regular basis and it is so much more relaxed than driving. We also took the train out west on our honeymoon so we could see the landscape as we traveled without having to drive. It was fantastic! I hope you enjoy yourself.

It's 6 hours. Its long, but so worth it! If we drive and end up in traffic, it could take that long. I am a nervous wreck in traffic! I did the train last time I went and it was so easy and painless.

Trains are amazingly relaxing for travel. I haven't travelled within the US but I did through Europe and with the beautiful views and a good book the time flew. Have a lovely trip!

It's 6 hours. Its long, but so worth it! If we drive and end up in traffic, it could take that long. I am a nervous wreck in traffic! I did the train last time I went and it was so easy and painless.

My wife and I wanted to do the train. From Phoenix, we had to drive to Flagstaff. Got on the train at like 9pm, and arrived in Fullerton at like 7am, if I recall. Private sleeping compartment for 2.

It was a horrid experience.

Have some amazingly excited kids now that we have hit February! 22 days for us. Have a blast to all those that are there or arriving soon :)

We're having a great time! Crowds have been VERY manageable as far as I'm concerned. Pretty disappointed that MSEP got cancelled last night after our AO dining package! But oh well. We're doing it again tonight. Back at hotel for a littl rest and then we're heading to Carthay Circle for our Frozen dining package! So glad I didn't let the crowds scare me away this weekend!!

We're having a great time! Crowds have been VERY manageable as far as I'm concerned. Pretty disappointed that MSEP got cancelled last night after our AO dining package! But oh well. We're doing it again tonight. Back at hotel for a littl rest and then we're heading to Carthay Circle for our Frozen dining package! So glad I didn't let the crowds scare me away this weekend!!
What did you order from AO? Was it good?

Not sure if I ever replied to this thread to say my dates?

Anyway, we're here now! Got upgraded at our hotel to an awesome suite, so that was nice! It looks so nice and beautiful out right now, a nice change of pace from the cold we've been experiencing in our home state. At the hotel taking a break before we head on over to the parks. So excited!! :) I'm particularly excited to see the fireworks tonight... Remember, Dreams Come True are my most favorite fireworks (besides Forever, these two are tied). EEEEEP!!!!

What did you order from AO? Was it good?

I was pleasantly surprised. Granted I was starving - but I ate up every last bite! Not something I would normally pay $28 for - but I was paying for the parade viewing, which I wasn't thrilled with. I did get to walk up 30 minutes before the start of the parade but the area was packed! We stayed in our spot to watch the fireworks and they were GREAT! I had never seen this show and it was really touching!

We were there this past Friday night as well & did AO for the parade and my kids were super bummed it was cancelled! Do you happen to know if the parade happened later that night at 10:30 after the Remember fireworks?

We're less than 2 weeks out from leaving Chicago for Santa Ana! I love that next week, the temps are showing 70s, I hope those temps make it into President's Day week too! The last 2 Februarys, we have chosen the weeks in CA where they had "unusually high temperatures" - it was so warm the last 2 years, which caused us to laugh - seeing families at DL in parkas when it went down to ~50s at night. We were still in shorts & light sweaters. Anything over about 60 degrees will feel like a break from the cold, gloomy, gray weather we've had the last 2 months here in Chicagoland!!! Getting excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter