** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

Anyone have any insider info on why the Frozen show at the Hyperion is only listed through the end of January? I was hoping to take my girls to see it.
I would really like to know this too as we will be there the same days as you!

Maybe the calendar hasn't been updated yet, because the show's schedule is being updated? That's the only thing i can figure right off. That or it's the next Marvel causality. :faint:

I just tried to make a frozen lunch package for the end of Feb and I could - so I think you're ok. It's probably just not populated into the entertainment schedule yet.
What is the Frozen lunch package? I'm not familiar with this option!

I would love to see your plans! We have a 4 yr old and 1 yr old.
Me three! We won't have MM but plan to rope drop all 3 days. :) Day 1-Thursday- Start in CA:10am-9pm Day 2-Fri-Start at DL-9am-MN & Day 3 Sun:8am-MN Start in CA & hop to DL. I will be the FP runner!

Anyone have any insider info on why the Frozen show at the Hyperion is only listed through the end of January? I was hoping to take my girls to see it.
Entertainment schedules are oftentimes added to the schedule as the date(s) nears.

What is the Frozen lunch package? I'm not familiar with this option!

It's a pb&j frozen sandwich combo that comes with frozen arendale lemonade, ritz crackers in the shape of Olaf and green grapes. By the time you are ready to eat your lunch it will be thawed out wonderfully. Like a frozen lake in spring. ;) lol

Sorry.....could not resist. It's who i am and what i normally do. :)

I'm in! My 12 yr old daughter and I are meeting up with my mom, sister, brother in law and their two kids 6 and 9 February 16th-21st. We are planning three days at Disney and 1 at Universal. No park hoppers. Anyone have suggestions for which days we should Disney (and which park) and which day we should do Universal? We have Friday, February 17th, Saturday the 18th, Sunday the 19th and Monday the 20th for park days. (The others are travel days)
My sister and her family did DL last Christmas but I haven't been since I was a kid. We have been to WDW a couple of times in the last few years though.
We are staying off site, renting a house to fit all of us. Planning on doing Medieval Times for dinner our first night in. Would love other suggestions for non-park days as well.

Frozen - Live at the Hyperion is now listed on the schedule until the end of Feb, for those like myself waiting to see if it would for sure. Dining package is no longer listed on the Frozen page though. Perhaps that is getting updated as well? I didn't try to book it either, tbh, as it is not a priority for my group.

ETA Dining package is available - only link is through dining reservations at the moment.

Last edited:
Change of plans - extended our trip by two days, so we'll be there the 14th-19th now. That's a proper visit! We're staying at the Desert Inn & Suites. Also, this trip has morphed into a birthday trip for my oldest friend. She just had her final surgery from having breast cancer and I promised her a trip when she was first diagnosed, so this is it! She's never been to Disneyland for more than one day at a time, so she's in for a real treat. :) I've booked some special dining packages and I'm not telling her anything about our itinerary. I can't wait to see the look on her face! I wish I could have afforded an on-site stay (to take it to 11!) but since I'm footing all the costs for this trip, I had to compromise somewhere. It'll be amazing anyway! 23 days to go!

Just made a couple lunch reservations. In all my trips I've never eaten at Carnation Cafe so this time we are! Only 25 days until we leave, so excited!!!

I'm in! My 12 yr old daughter and I are meeting up with my mom, sister, brother in law and their two kids 6 and 9 February 16th-21st. We are planning three days at Disney and 1 at Universal. No park hoppers. Anyone have suggestions for which days we should Disney (and which park) and which day we should do Universal? We have Friday, February 17th, Saturday the 18th, Sunday the 19th and Monday the 20th for park days. (The others are travel days)
My sister and her family did DL last Christmas but I haven't been since I was a kid. We have been to WDW a couple of times in the last few years though.
We are staying off site, renting a house to fit all of us. Planning on doing Medieval Times for dinner our first night in. Would love other suggestions for non-park days as well.

We are going to Natural History and Science Museums near USC. We've got a four-year-old (who will turn five during the trip) who is dinosaur crazy. Each museum is supposed to appeal to all ages. I sold my oldest (who have had enough of dinosaurs) with the Space Shuttle Endeavor at the Science Museum.

Will probably do a drive by tour of various sites. Talking photos along the way to recreate this
with my family instead of Randy Newman.

[We need to find a Catholic Church if anybody has recommendations. Would like a place and history, and English speaking. Will have a vehicle so can travel.]

Last edited:
I am in also! Our trip is the 21-25, with our time at the park the 22-24. I am bummed so many things are closed, but I am going with my two DD (12 and 8, my sister and her twins (girls age 6). It is the twins first time, so they won't miss anything they don't know about. My girls are sadder, but cousin time will make up for it!!

My birthday happens to be on the 22nd, so for the first time of my life, I will spend my birthday at Disneyland! I booked us dinner at Cathay Circle to celebrate :)

We will be there for President's Day weekend. We always go during the busy times (I am a teacher), so we are used to the crowds. We have annual passes, but haven't been since the first weekend of November. We are excited to get back!

We will be there for President's Day weekend. We always go during the busy times (I am a teacher), so we are used to the crowds. We have annual passes, but haven't been since the first weekend of November. We are excited to get back!
We were there the first weekend of Nov also and going to be there starting on Presidents' Day

We are going to Natural History and Science Museums near USC. We've got a four-year-old (who will turn five during the trip) who is dinosaur crazy. Each museum is supposed to appeal to all ages. I sold my oldest (who have had enough of dinosaurs) with the Space Shuttle Endeavor at the Science Museum.

Will probably do a drive by tour of various sites. Talking photos along the way to recreate this
with my family instead of Randy Newman.

[We need to find a Catholic Church if anybody has recommendations. Would like a place and history, and English speaking. Will have a vehicle so can travel.]

Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I think we will look into the Science Museum.

For those that will be there on Valentine's Day, the Parks Blog has posted information about the dining and snack options.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nes-day-sweets-and-eats-at-disneyland-resort/

It's not clear if some of the items will be available outside of Valentine's Day (Carnation Cafe's option says it's only available on 2/14, the other items do not seem to have that caveat). That being said, when I was there for St. Patrick's day last year, the St. Patrick's day treats disappeared immediately after St. Patrick's day, so it might mean the sweets will only be available through 2/14.

We will be there 2/17 - 2/20 at PPH. Booking so late for a holiday weekend (this week), we could only get a 1bd suite at PPH for 6 of us (me, SO, 4 teen boys (17, 17, 17, & 15). It will be interesting!

We could have booked 2 standard rooms at GCH, but that was twice the price. Wanted to stay at DLH, but they are completely booked. Preparing for a very busy weekend at the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!