** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

We will be there Feb 26th through Mar 2nd and we are staying at the Great Wolf Lodge. This will be our 1 year olds first trip and our 4 year olds 3rd trip!

No Matterhorn, POTC, Grizzly, WOC, fantastmic/tom sawyer stuff, redwood creek, fun wheel...but in happy news, no one has removed corn dogs yet.

What!?! Where did you see this?

I hope it's more Disney just hasn't loaded any times into the calendar past 20th February than WoC going down.

I haven't seen any sites stating that WoC was going down for a refurb.

I hope it's more Disney just hasn't loaded any times into the calendar past 20th February than WoC going down.

I haven't seen any sites stating that WoC was going down for a refurb.

What!?! Where did you see this?

Hi guys, I was the one who posted in other posts about the closure, I emailed Disney last week, as I have been waiting for March dates to open up for WOC dessert party, the date was stuck on February 20 and had not moved in two weeks. So I messaged them and this was the reply today

"Thank you for your email to the Disneyland® Resort.

Our World of Color will be under refurbishment beginning February 21st
and will return March 6th.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the Disneyland® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
Disneyland® Resort
Guest Experience Services"

Just purchased our flights- We will be there from February 25th - March 1st. My husband, son, and I purchased APs in December, so we are hoping to get a lot of use of them this year! We are super excited to have my mom join us on this trip as well, she's never been to Disneyland with us. Not sure where we are staying yet.. maybe Homewood Suites (we stayed there last trip and loved how close it was to walk to the Toy Story lot).

Has anyone ever visited over Mardi Gras before? Do they still do the Mardi Gras parade? I couldn't find any info for 2017 online. We LOVE Princess and the Frog, so it would be super fun to see a parade where Tiana and Louis are the stars.

I'll be there from Feb 7th-11th, staying at the Paradise Pier hotel. So sad that POTC is going to be closed. It's my favorite dark ride. Oh well. I'm still super excited :D

Last edited:
I am sure many have their hotel plans set, but I am always looking for better deals. Cheaptickets/Orbitz have rooms available at the Disney hotels for more dates into February and the discount codes work too! I know my dates had shown not available until tonight. I just booked one night at PPH I am hoping for more, but only premium rooms are available other nights and I'm not ready to to bite the bullet yet. But I'll take a split stay over no Disney hotel time.

I'll be there from Feb 7th-11th, staying at the Paradise Pier hotel. So sad that POTC is going to be closed. It's my favorite dark ride. Oh well. I'm still super excited :D

It just means you will need to visit again this year. :)
I ended up cancelling :( because i need at least one day with them rascally pirates. Unfortunately, it means so far anyway not being able to get the same great rates for air and hotel.
So idk...
I'm sure you will have a really nice time.

It just means you will need to visit again this year. :)
I ended up cancelling :( because i need at least one day with them rascally pirates. Unfortunately, it means so far anyway not being able to get the same great rates for air and hotel.
So idk...
I'm sure you will have a really nice time.

I am hoping Hyperspace Mountain will compensate for no Pirates. Maybe I'll reserve a table at Blue Bayou just to see part of the ride lol

We will be going February 28th through March 2nd this year. It'll be my family and my sister's family, with two moms, two dads, 5 year old boy, 8 year old girl, two 9 year old girls, 10 year old girl and 12 year old boy. We have reservations at our old stand-by, HOJO, but I'm thinking of switching to Desert Palms Hotel and Suites as they offer free breakfast and are a similar walking distance to the park. Can anyone give me an opinion on Desert Palms?

My kids are Disneyland veterans, they've been Annual Passholders for the majority of their lives. My husband and I have had Annual Passes off and on for the past 17 years (probably 10-12 of those years). My sister and her family come visit every year and we have been doing two days in the parks for the past few years. This will be our first time doing a three day trip.

Last edited:
I am hoping Hyperspace Mountain will compensate for no Pirates. Maybe I'll reserve a table at Blue Bayou just to see part of the ride lol

Plus there's BTMRR :)
I definitely recommend dining at the Blue Bayou. It will be at a time when the pirates are far off into the distance of their next voyage of raucous pirate's play, tom foolery, mischievous merriment and pillaging and plundering and especially important stocking up on RUM! Argh... ...So the ol' bayou will be still at the time, but.....if you listen closely enough you might just hear the crickets singing their lullaby near by, while the old man rocks in his chair listening to his grand daddies banjo playing. You may just smell the strong tobacco that they smoke too........and of course don't forget them fire flies a fluttering about, looking like little colorful orbs in the night sky.

Heading to DL and DCA for the Southwest DIS meet, Feb. 9th - 14th. Staying at the Disneyland Hotel. First time in DL in about 20 years. Looking forward to it.

I am sure many have their hotel plans set, but I am always looking for better deals. Cheaptickets/Orbitz have rooms available at the Disney hotels for more dates into February and the discount codes work too! I know my dates had shown not available until tonight. I just booked one night at PPH I am hoping for more, but only premium rooms are available other nights and I'm not ready to to bite the bullet yet. But I'll take a split stay over no Disney hotel time.

I waited and waited and waited for Orbitz to release Disney hotels and finally bit the bullet and booked a Costco package instead. I was scared to check to see how much money I could have saved booking separately with Orbitz, but for my days only club level premium is available so I'm glad I went ahead with Costco!

Feb 17 - 21! Myself, husband, Son, DIL & 2 grandsons ages 3 & 1.
First time for me to Disneyland and my grandsons. Everyone else has been already. We are staying at Hyatt House.
It's like a dream come true for me to take my grandsons!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter