** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

Sorry ............ just saw some other attractions that will be closing for refurbishment starting in February .

Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closing February 6th through April 27th !

Also..........

Mickeys Fun Wheel will be closing February 6th through March 5th .

Doesnt effect me as , I will be visiting in January, but trying to keep track of any refurbs, and saw these pop up. Thought I should let you all know ! :(

Ouch - Mouseplanet is reporting that PotC will be down until 15th March! (Three days before it's 50th Anniversary)

That's a shame indeed if it holds true! Matterhorn closing for a long time - yikes!

Well, we found AMAZING airfare from Chicago to Santa Ana - American Airlines - on a whim... how could we resist? It wasn't quite as low as the $156 we got in October, but $191 per person!?!?!?!?! Holy cow. LAX was showing over $300 per person!!! We'll start 4 days in Lake Elsinore with family, then we'll be at DLR Feb 22-25!!! Kids will only miss 3 days of school given the President's Day holiday, then a teacher's institute day.

Sadly, the Grand Legacy, our GO-TO hotel, is booked solid for premium rooms :headache: We're pulling the trigger, and staying at HoJo's. We made the reservation last night for Building 1, Superior room facing Disney, 2 queen beds. Hoping we'll like it!

What is the best resource for finding an up-to-date refurbishment schedule? Sounds like there will be a lot of big rides down and may want to reschedule.

Sorry ............ just saw some other attractions that will be closing for refurbishment starting in February .

Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closing February 6th through April 27th !

Also..........

Mickeys Fun Wheel will be closing February 6th through March 5th .

Doesnt effect me as , I will be visiting in January, but trying to keep track of any refurbs, and saw these pop up. Thought I should let you all know ! :(

Oh no! DH is pretty much going on this trip to ride Matterhorn Bobsleds. Like, he would seriously move our dates for this.

Any chance they would be open ON February 6? That's our arrival day and we weren't planning to go to the parks, but we could add a day for that!

We will be at the parks 2/10-2/11! My daughter's first trip, she'll be 18 months old. Can't wait!! Staying at Courtyard Marriott

Oh no! DH is pretty much going on this trip to ride Matterhorn Bobsleds. Like, he would seriously move our dates for this.

Any chance they would be open ON February 6? That's our arrival day and we weren't planning to go to the parks, but we could add a day for that!

According the official Disneyland attractions "map" , the last day Matterhorn Bobsleds will be available is February 5th . On February 6th , the Matterhorn "pointer" goes grey .

Sorry .......... its not looking good. Any way to alter or extend the trip to included at least the 5th ?

We finally made a decision on our accommodation and are going to stay at the new Country Inn and Suites on Sth. Clementine. It's still cancellable though, just in case. It only opened just before Christmas, so hopefully they've worked out any teething problems by then.

Adding to my last post... I'm looking at making a weekend dining package reservation for Blue Bayou/MSEP. We are wanting to see the fireworks at 9:25pm and then use the viewing spot for the 10:30pm parade. What time should I make the reservation to make sure our tickets are for the later parade rather than the 8:30pm one, but still have enough time to eat and then see the fireworks? Haha I'm starting to think it might not be possible, which is fine too.

Adding to my last post... I'm looking at making a weekend dining package reservation for Blue Bayou/MSEP. We are wanting to see the fireworks at 9:25pm and then use the viewing spot for the 10:30pm parade. What time should I make the reservation to make sure our tickets are for the later parade rather than the 8:30pm one, but still have enough time to eat and then see the fireworks? Haha I'm starting to think it might not be possible, which is fine too.
That is a good ?!!! Except I'm wondering if we can watch the 8:30pm parade from the preferred viewing spot & then stay to watch the 9:30pm fireworks because I don't think my little kids can stay up that late! Anytime after 5pm gives you tickets for the second parade & anytime before is for the first parade.

New tech for my upcoming trip!

Can't wait to take them for a spin!

jSNis7r.jpg

hBWXhg0.jpg

We will be staying at the Castle Inn and Suites from Feb 25 - March 3 and visiting Disney on Feb 28 and March 1 and 2. Myself, DH and DD 15.

Flying in from the Netherlands.

Didn't know about all these refurbs when we booked obviously.

I actually just booked the Main Street Electrical Parade with BB package. Bit lacking in atmosphere to eat there when the POTC ride is not running, I think. How will they organize that?
I see that our reservation coincides with "Mardi gras" on the calendar though, which should add some magic I guess.

Funny thing is we visited Disney Paris in last February and were in POTC when it broke down. In the end we had to get out of the boat and walk out, so we've seen "behind the scenes" already.

Last edited:
We will be staying at the Castle Inn and Suites from Feb 25 - March 3 and visiting Disney on Feb 28 and March 1 and 2. Myself, DH and DD 15.

Flying in from the Netherlands.

Didn't know about all these refurbs when we booked obviously.

I actually just booked the Main Street Electrical Parade with BB package. Bit lacking in atmosphere to eat there when the POTC ride is not running, I think. How will they organize that?
I see that our reservation coincides with "Mardi gras" on the calendar though, which should add some magic I guess.

Funny thing is we visited Disney Paris in last February and were in POTC when it broke down. In the end we had to get out of the boat and walk out, so we've seen "behind the scenes" already.

I also booked the BB msep package for Mardi Gras--also kind of wondering what it'll be like with the ride not operating.

If anyone is staying at Park Vue Inn late January / early February, check the rates.

I just did and found 2 of my 4 night stay dropped $20. I phoned. They adjusted my reservation and sent me an updated confirmation (same #) via e-mail.

Ouch - Mouseplanet is reporting that PotC will be down until 15th March! (Three days before it's 50th Anniversary)

That's a shame indeed if it holds true! Matterhorn closing for a long time - yikes!

I don't know when potc will re-open for certain, but I hope the date you said is correct.
My timing ended up being so bad! Lol....My entire itinerary ended up being during this closure. I just found out today. :faint:
I just can't really imagine not being able to visit the pirates at all during my trip.

My mom and I will be there Feb 3-5, have reservations at both Candy Cane Inn and the DLH - trying to figure out if I'm willing to spend the $ on DLH or not. Having stayed onsite my last two trips, I kind of spoiled myself.

I'm super excited to see MSEP and the Dreams fireworks!!

Joining in with a last-minute February trip! I'll be there with a friend from the 14th-17th while our men are off in Las Vegas. We had the choice between Vegas and Disney... so that was easy! Now I'm trying to figure out whether I can swing a stay at the GCH for this trip. It's much easier to do when I have time to budget, so I don't know if I can swing it on short notice. :) No matter where we stay, we're looking forward to a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter