** FEBRUARY 2017 - CHECK-IN **

I've just just added everyone from the last few days to the main list. Welcome aboard! :)

Our family decided to extend our trip by 1 day - previously we were doing a 7 day trip - A half day of travel and the rest of the day in DL then 4 full days of DLR, 1 day of Knotts and Medieval Times (family tradition!), and then our travel day back to Houston. Now, we will have 5 full days in DLR, our Knotts/Medieval Times day, and now a slower knock around/DTD day where I've made reservations for SH55 in the evening. I figure we'll splurge there since no WoC dessert party. :(

I also emailed Disney regarding the schedule for WoC after 20th February, and just received a different response below:

v5fxTSf.png

I wonder why @minneylovesmicky received a different, very specific, email? Is that typical Disneyland communication? Maybe they've had a change of heart with the refurb? :hyper:

FWIW, 7th March is available to book WoC dining / Dessert Party, so I do not have much hope. That would align with it being closed 21st through 6th March as we previously learned.

Why give me false hope, Linda?! :sad1:

Last edited:
We are headed there during the last week of Feb! Should I be worried that the Feb calendar isn't populated with the Frozen and Disney Junior Live shows? I have 2 princesses that will be crushed if Frozen doesn't play during our 5 day stay! Or will the calendar get updated closer to time?

I also emailed Disney regarding the schedule for WoC after 20th February, and just received a different response below:

v5fxTSf.png

I wonder why @minneylovesmicky received a different, very specific, email? Is that typical Disneyland communication? Maybe they've had a change of heart with the refurb? :hyper:

FWIW, 7th March is available to book WoC dining / Dessert Party, so I do not have much hope. That would align with it being closed 21st through 6th March as we previously learned.

Why give me false hope, Linda?! :sad1:

That is really weird, even weirder since they are both from the same person. Saw another post that reservations are open for the 7th March, so wonder why your email states different to mine.

I just have to wait now for my dates to pop up and I can book, this is the last thing for me to book now.

World of Color isn't showing in the entertainment schedule for our week, either (February 6-11) but I was able to schedule a WoC dining package at Carthay Circle on February 10, so... weird.

We are headed there during the last week of Feb! Should I be worried that the Feb calendar isn't populated with the Frozen and Disney Junior Live shows? I have 2 princesses that will be crushed if Frozen doesn't play during our 5 day stay! Or will the calendar get updated closer to time?

I just tried to make a frozen lunch package for the end of Feb and I could - so I think you're ok. It's probably just not populated into the entertainment schedule yet.

Came up on some unexpected money, so I bit the bullet and upgraded to the GCH for my mom and I on February 3rd through the 5th. Scored an AP deal, so it comes with a FP and $20 dining voucher. Super excited!!

For anyone who loves the Broadway show "Newsies" and will be in the L.A. area in February, Fathom Events is presenting the show (this version was filmed live with members of the original Broadway cast) at various movie theaters on 2/16, 2/18, and 2/22. Disney's El Capitan in Hollywood is one of the theaters, but there are many others. Locations can be found on the Fathom Events site. Tickets can be bought through the site or through the specific theater site.

It's possible Frozen may not be showing due to cheer competitions in Disneyland at end of Feb.

22 more days!

I have a BB MSEP reservation on 2/3 at 4:40. CM assured me it would be for the first showing at 8:30. My mom (not myself probably!) would likely make it to the 10:30 show!

We are also doing the Frozen Lunch package on Saturday, 2/4. I'm looking forward to this one very much because I think my last experience was tainted by the waiting and waiting and waiting and then not even getting to sit with my family. Plus, my mom hasn't seen it and I think she'll enjoy it.

So far, we have a split stay, like my dad and I did in November. 2/3 we'll be at GCH and the next night we'll be at DLH. Got an AP package at both hotels so each one comes with fast passes and a $20 dining voucher. When it's 2 adults with one bag each, switching hotels isn't too big of hassle.

I don't think we're going to do WOC. I was so moved by the holiday one, I want to keep that fresh in my mind. :)

Other than that, I think we'll just be taking it easy, being mellow and maybe even massages at the spa in GCH?!

We will be there just for Feb 13th and only the Disneyland Park. Will be there with my husband, son, daughter-in-law and our grandson for his very first visit for his 2nd birthday. So excited!!!

My daughter and I are going Feb. 9-13th. We are staying at the DLH. We have reservations for the MSEP dining package at BB (not sure how that will be with pirates closed, but okay...) and the WoC dining package at Wine Country. We are also doing Carnation Cafe lunch, since I've never eaten there. Hate all the ride closures, but it is February, so kind of expected. It has been a couple of years since we went to Disneyland, so it will be nice to get back!

We're going to be in LA for the GRAMMYS. I can't be that close and not go to DL!!! I've never been!!!
So, we are visiting Feb. 6.
I'm so bummed about POTC and Matterhorn!!!
We were planning a Super bowl party with friends on the 5th (fly in on the 4th), and I'm seriously considering adding another day to our tickets just to ride Matterhorn on the morning of the 5th before the game starts.
Would it be worth it? We would probably get a half day in...

We're going to be in LA for the GRAMMYS. I can't be that close and not go to DL!!! I've never been!!!
We were planning a Super bowl party with friends on the 5th (fly in on the 4th), and I'm seriously considering adding another day to our tickets just to ride Matterhorn on the morning of the 5th before the game starts.

How'd you score an invite to the Grammy

How did you score an invite to the Grammys?!

Possibly planning a last minute trip from Tues Feb 7 arrival with departure of Sat Feb 11. Checked the Disneyland website and there are no available good neighbor hotels. Is there something special going on during this time?

I'll be there with my husband, 18 month old daughter, and mom February 14th-17th. We are staying at the Fairfield Inn. We have never stayed there before, but we are hoping it's nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter