Express Pass Questions

I am just starting to consider a last minute add on for 2 days at Universal Orlando for August 30 & 31 2014. I am sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldnt find it quickly and was wondering how long wait times actually are with the Unlimited Express Pass through the Universal Hotels. The crowd predictors say Sat is a "5" and Sunday is a "7" for crowd levels--which seems pretty busy to me (??) We will have just 2 days--one being our arrival day which will be a later start and I am worried we wont have enough time to enjoy all Universal has to offer. Just wondering if Express Pass really helps with wait times????

We were there over Easter week and crowd levels were high. With express pass the most we waited was 10 minutes. The only thing we waited long for was Forbidden Journey because there is no Express and we waited about 30-40 minutes for that. Express is definitely worth it! Regular wait times for the major attractions were listed around 60-90 minutes.

Hi! We (2 adults) only have one day....July 10th to be exact to squeeze as much out of one day at islands of Adventure as possible. Am I reading correctly that you cannot get an unlimited express pass for use at only one park? You have to pay for a park to park pass to get the ability to buy the unlimited? I can't even imagine how insanely crowded it's going to be and am concerned that a regular express pass won't get us through enough of a park.

Hi! We (2 adults) only have one day....July 10th to be exact to squeeze as much out of one day at islands of Adventure as possible. Am I reading correctly that you cannot get an unlimited express pass for use at only one park? You have to pay for a park to park pass to get the ability to buy the unlimited? I can't even imagine how insanely crowded it's going to be and am concerned that a regular express pass won't get us through enough of a park.

I believe that the express pass will get you through the same amount of the park as the unlimited. The line for the regular express pass is the same line for unlimited--the difference is with unlimited, you can ride each express ride multiple times with that line, where as with the regular pass, you are only allowed into the express pass line once for each attraction that has it. If you are interested in doing everything in the park, and not just your favorites multiple times, the regular pass will do fine, and you could always end up waiting to do your favorites over again, though like you said the lines will be long.

I am just starting to consider a last minute add on for 2 days at Universal Orlando for August 30 & 31 2014. I am sure this has been asked a million times, but I couldnt find it quickly and was wondering how long wait times actually are with the Unlimited Express Pass through the Universal Hotels. The crowd predictors say Sat is a "5" and Sunday is a "7" for crowd levels--which seems pretty busy to me (??) We will have just 2 days--one being our arrival day which will be a later start and I am worried we wont have enough time to enjoy all Universal has to offer. Just wondering if Express Pass really helps with wait times????

We went August 18-23rd last year and it was ALOT busier than the crowd calendars had said it would be..resort rooms were value season priced starting the 19th, but the crwods were definitely not.This summer I imagine it would be even busier because of the new HP area opening.Express pass is worth it no matter what season.Very little to no wait alot of the times vs alot longer in the standby..We saw ( granted at lunch but still) waits of 90 MINS for Transformers, Despicable me .Spiderman was 45-60 mins ..No way would I want to stand in that

So, we have unlimited express pass.....does this negate the urgency for rope drop?

Thanks!
Anne

So, we have unlimited express pass.....does this negate the urgency for rope drop?

Thanks!
Anne

Depends on when you are going and whether or not you want to wait in lines for Forbidden Journey and Gringotts....and Hogwarts Express. None of those accept EP. We went August of 2012 and got up early one morning for HP...got there at Early Entry, took the shortcut and our wait was about 30 minutes....it was much much longer later in the day.

A friend told me that last summer she had Express Pass and they gave you a return time so you didnt have to wait in line... I was under the impression that Express pass was just separate and shorter line. Which is correct?

A friend told me that last summer she had Express Pass and they gave you a return time so you didnt have to wait in line... I was under the impression that Express pass was just separate and shorter line. Which is correct?
You are correct except when the park is super busy and the line is too long to accommodate the masses. You would be given a return pass so you could come back to ride. This only happens during the absolute busiest times of the year.

Hello. We will be visiting in mid-August and had a few questions. Are any of the Harry Potter rides Express Pass? If not, average wait times for the Hogwart's Express Train and Gringott's? Best to do first thing? Thanks, Nick

Nick, the IOA Harry Potter area has express on the Dragon Challenge coaster and the Hippogriff (kids) coaster, but not on Forbidden Journey or the Ollivander wand show. The expectation is that they will not open express in the first 6 months or so on the Gringott's or the Hogwart's Express. That said, as these are not yet open, it is anyone's guess as to wait times, I would not expect under 60 minutes in August at minimum.

Is there a list of attractions that are not included for EP?
The only attractions that do not accept Express are: Forbidden Journey, Ollivanders, Hogwarts Express, Pteranodon Flyers and Escape from Gringotts.

Just found out we'll be at Universal 7/23-7/26.

I'm trying to decide whether to book Cabana Beach or one of the deluxe hotels. I need to keep the cost down.

Our main priority is to see the Harry Potter stuff. We'll have 2 days in the parks. Two out of the three of us can't ride roller coasters due to back issues.

Do you all think the deluxe is worth it for the unlimited express pass? On the one hand, I want to save money and am not riding coasters. On the other hand, this may not be a time to cheap out, after all the travel, etc.

Just found out we'll be at Universal 7/23-7/26.

I'm trying to decide whether to book Cabana Beach or one of the deluxe hotels. I need to keep the cost down.

Our main priority is to see the Harry Potter stuff. We'll have 2 days in the parks. Two out of the three of us can't ride roller coasters due to back issues.

Do you all think the deluxe is worth it for the unlimited express pass? On the one hand, I want to save money and am not riding coasters. On the other hand, this may not be a time to cheap out, after all the travel, etc.

I was going through the exact same ordeal for my trip in September.
I started by really want to to stay at Cabana.
I broke down the price and it came to like $50 more if I stayed at the Cabana and bought the Express pass separately.
Then I started to read the reviews and decided that I should just save the $50 stay at the Royal. The Royal is closer to the parks and citywalk, I get the express pass thrown in, and I can just walk down to Cabana and enjoy everything, but staying in the rooms there.

Express pass is a must when I visit Universal Florida.
The only downside is that it doesn't work for Potter, but I can just Single Rider those attractions after the initial first ride together.

I'm planning a one day visit to US/IOA on 10/20 (crowd levels 5 of 10 and 5.9 and 5.3 respectively), and we'll be staying at WDW & renting a car to get to US.

The group will be 4 adults with possibly 2 other adults & 1 DD2 (who would join later in the morning/day)

My questions are:
  1. We are off-site, does buying Unlimited or Regular Express Pass get us into any extended hours/early opening?
  2. Unlimited vs Regular express pass really only matters for multiple rides of the same attraction (such as both Dragon coasters, etc) - but if we want to go ONCE then its a wash?
  3. Not sure if anybody knows just yet, but should we start at Hogsmeade and then move to Diagon Alley via Hogwarts Express, or the other way (for Gingotts first) - or is this all moot since we won't get extended hours in either case.
  4. has anybody crunched numbers to see if it makes sense to get a 1 night hotel room vs. unlimited express pass park-to-park tickets (4)

The only attractions that do not accept Express are: Forbidden Journey, Ollivanders, Hogwarts Express, Pteranodon Flyers and Escape from Gringotts.

Does Rip Ride Rocket have the Express Pass now? My boys will be thrilled! Our last trip was in 2010, so I am a bit out of the loop. Can't wait to return in December.:banana:

How long has the wait been with Express passes for most rides? Leaving in a couple of weeks and trying to plan our days.

Thanks in advance.

How long has the wait been with Express passes for most rides? Leaving in a couple of weeks and trying to plan our days.

Thanks in advance.
Waits can be anywhere to a walk on or as much as 45 minutes. It just depends on the attraction and crowd that day.

Hey

I was wondering if I bought my tickets off FloridaTix or Attraction Tickets Direct can i then buy a Express Pass when I get to the gate on the day I am going because I only want it for one day !

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter