Express Pass Questions

Yup. Sure can. I would recommend that anyway. Because counting when your going you may or may not need it. You can judge that when you get there and see the crowds.

Does Rip Ride Rocket have the Express Pass now? My boys will be thrilled! Our last trip was in 2010, so I am a bit out of the loop. Can't wait to return in December.:banana:
Yes...RRR has Express access now.

Hey

I was wondering if I bought my tickets off FloridaTix or Attraction Tickets Direct can i then buy a Express Pass when I get to the gate on the day I am going because I only want it for one day !

Thanks
You can purchase EPs throughout each park so don't wait in line at the ticket windows (unless you already have to). EPs and park tickets are completely separate...it doesn't matter who/where you purchased them. You should wait until you arrive to purchase EPs. They are date and park specific and are non-refundable.

I have never been to Universal (or Disney). We will be taking our first Disney/Universal Trip in November. We plan on staying at one of the deluxe hotels. Is the EP at Universal the same idea as the FP from Disney? Or is the EP just for you to walk up to to any ride you want at anytime and go to the EP line and have a shorter wait?

Also, I read about landyards. Does everyone in my party need one, or does just ONE person have to carry it everything? One card for everyone or everyone has their own EP?

I have never been to Universal (or Disney). We will be taking our first Disney/Universal Trip in November. We plan on staying at one of the deluxe hotels. Is the EP at Universal the same idea as the FP from Disney? Or is the EP just for you to walk up to to any ride you want at anytime and go to the EP line and have a shorter wait?

Also, I read about landyards. Does everyone in my party need one, or does just ONE person have to carry it everything? One card for everyone or everyone has their own EP?

ride and show lines at the darkside have a regular line and some have the express line.
you show your hotel photo express pass card to use the express lines.
a TM will ask to see your ep card.
you have shorter waits in the express lines.

everyone on your hotel reservation will recieve a hotel room key card and express photo id card.
carry it in your pocket, lanyard, etc.
whatever works for you .....

ride and show lines at the darkside have a regular line and some have the express line.
you show your hotel photo express pass card to use the express lines.
a TM will ask to see your ep card.
you have shorter waits in the express lines.

everyone on your hotel reservation will recieve a hotel room key card and express photo id card.
carry it in your pocket, lanyard, etc.
whatever works for you .....

So everyone needs to carry their own passes?

So everyone needs to carry their own passes?

if you have a young child, and you think they would lose their hotel card/ex pass, you could hang on to them for them.
but like Bluer stated, passes need to be shown for express entry.
hotel cards shown for early entry.

once my kids were about 8-9, i had them hang on to their passes.

if you have a young child, and you think they would lose their hotel card/ex pass, you could hang on to them for them.
but like Bluer stated, passes need to be shown for express entry.
hotel cards shown for early entry.

once my kids were about 8-9, i had them hang on to their passes.

Oh Ok, thank you both for answering my question :)
my kids are 6 and 9 so i might get the older one to hang on to his own passes.

Oh Ok, thank you both for answering my question :)
my kids are 6 and 9 so i might get the older one to hang on to his own passes.

i could never trust my youngest when he was 6 with anything.
if he would put something in his pocket, he would either lose it or give it away.
could be coins, dollar bill, candy, used gum, trinket, etc.

you can hang on to the kids cards and show them to the TM when you enter an express line.
for some rides, you have to show the express card again at the end of the line to the TM working there.

i have 4 boys.
life has not been easy...........
:laughing:

How Crucial would EP be for the first week in August?
As some know, I am planning a very last minute vacation and running into snafus which has caused me to change around things. I have been asking a ton of questions..so thank you to all that have helped me.

Basically bundling EP on the UA website seems pretty expensive? I was going to purchase the 2 day plus one on undercover tourist for $874..Bundling a 3 day on the UA website is $1500.

Im trying to remain budget conscious and have tried maybe booking a room for one night. But that still would add $468 through cheap tickets plus the tickets, plus the place we are staying at. That would bring my total up high and I only have three days of things to do.

So, how crucial would express pass be? Can I get a way without it? Or would it be pretty miserable?

if you will be at the darkside for 3 nights, you have a combination.

if you arrive late in the day, book cabana bay for that first day.
it is fine with prices.
if you get in during the evening, you could check for offsite places that are cheaper than Cbay.

either way, move to the deluxe hotel early morning on the next day to checkin.
stay 2 nights onsite deluxe and use the EE and EP system for free that day and the next.

Maybe I am not looking in the right place on the US website, but how much does an EP cost? We are getting our 1 day 2 park tickets elsewhere, but may want the EP access when we get to the parks.

Thanks!

Is an Express needed for January 6th. Is it valid on all Harry Potter attractions ? We are only going for 1 day 2 parks. Thanks in advance!

Forbidden Journey and Gringotts don't have express yet. If only visiting
for 1 day I would get the express.

We're going to Orlando next week and were thinking of purchasing the Express passes in advance. I know this is a weird time, since Florida schools are back in school, but some of the other states aren't. We are only going to Universal for one day and wanted to hit everything. Is it necessary to buy the Express Pass in advance?

We are looking Tuesday, 8/26. Thanks!!

It is not a good idea to buy the ep's in advance. They are date specific and non-refundable. If it storms or for some reason you can't go, you are out the money. You can buy the ep's at many stores in the park if you decide that you need them, and the crowds might not be that bad.

It would be better to wait to buy the ep's once you get to the park and evaluate the crowds/lines.

And just to make sure that you know- the ep's work for the majority of the rides, but not Forbidden Journey and Pterondon Flyers at IoA, and not on Gringotts or Hogwarts Express at US. It also cannot be used for the Olivander's show.

It is not a good idea to buy the ep's in advance. They are date specific and non-refundable. If it storms or for some reason you can't go, you are out the money. You can buy the ep's at many stores in the park if you decide that you need them, and the crowds might not be that bad.

It would be better to wait to buy the ep's once you get to the park and evaluate the crowds/lines.

And just to make sure that you know- the ep's work for the majority of the rides, but not Forbidden Journey and Pterondon Flyers at IoA, and not on Gringotts or Hogwarts Express at US. It also cannot be used for the Olivander's show.

Will the Express Pass cost more if I wait until next week? The person on the phone made it sound that it might. Thanks for the heads-up!

If I buy an out-of-towner annual pass and book a stay onsite (Royal pacific, Portofino or Hard Rock), will I get the express pass for staying onsite or does it also require purchase of a pass?

If I buy an out-of-towner annual pass and book a stay onsite (Royal pacific, Portofino or Hard Rock), will I get the express pass for staying onsite or does it also require purchase of a pass?

According to everything I've been reading, you get the unlimited express pass for staying at one of the 3 deluxe Universal hotels. It doesn't matter what kind of pass/tickets you have as the express pass has nothing to do with your park ticket. That's one heck of a perk!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter