Express Pass Questions

According to everything I've been reading, you get the unlimited express pass for staying at one of the 3 deluxe Universal hotels. It doesn't matter what kind of pass/tickets you have as the express pass has nothing to do with your park ticket. That's one heck of a perk!
::yes::

If I purchased the Orlando Flex Ticket (5 park), are you automatically getting UNLIMITED ride access or can you purchase this to add on? I see on the website where you purchase the Express Pass Plus, but is this the one time ride front of the line one?

If I purchased the Orlando Flex Ticket (5 park), are you automatically getting UNLIMITED ride access or can you purchase this to add on? I see on the website where you purchase the Express Pass Plus, but is this the one time ride front of the line one?
You don't get any Express access with the Flex Ticket...only unlimited admission for the 14 days. If you want Express you can either purchase the EP Plus which is once through the line or you can purchase unlimited Express. EP Plus prices depend on the day and park you want to visit. Remember...most of the HP attractions do not accept Express except for Dragon Challenge and Flight of the Hippogriff.

Unlimited Express is a bit more tricky because you can only purchase the park ticket/Express bundle on the website beforehand. If you wanted just the unlimited Express ticket you would have to get that at the gate.

Hmmm, so the decision here is:

1) Pay the extra for our group and stay at RPH to get the Unlimited Express Pass for the rides to go with our Orlando Flex Ticket (2 rooms would be needed);

2) Stay at Cabana Bay in a suite, and decide if adding Unlimited Express to our Orlando Flex Ticket would be worth it for five people;

3) Stay at Cabana Bay in a suite, and only add unlimited Express to the two kids' tickets.

LOL Any thoughts on this! :confused3

Hmmm, so the decision here is:

1) Pay the extra for our group and stay at RPH to get the Unlimited Express Pass for the rides to go with our Orlando Flex Ticket (2 rooms would be needed);

2) Stay at Cabana Bay in a suite, and decide if adding Unlimited Express to our Orlando Flex Ticket would be worth it for five people;

3) Stay at Cabana Bay in a suite, and only add unlimited Express to the two kids' tickets.

LOL Any thoughts on this! :confused3
When are you going? You might not even need EPs if you're visiting during a slow period.

Thinking about end of May or early June 2015
That's not an historically busy time...it's between Memorial Day and school letting out. The busy summer doesn't normally kick off until the third week of June. You certainly would not need unlimited Express during that time...as of now. No one knows what crowds will be like next summer but again...that time isn't normally very busy.

I haven't been to Universal Studios/Islands in 10 years and at first the idea of "paying for the front of the line" seemed a bit odd to me, but from reading the comments here I have to say I may be convinced to try this out. Traditionally my wife and I for years stated at the Double Tree across the street from City Walk and loved casually walking to the parks. Now that we have kids ages 9 and 6, the idea of staying at a deluxe resort that's closer to the parks and let's us get inside and in and out of lines faster sounds pretty tempting. In years past before kids we could go to the parks during non-peak season and not have to worry about lines at all - but now that we have kids and we haven't yet taken them out of school just go to down to FL for vacation, we pretty much are left to take our Disney/Universal vacations during more peak periods. We'll be going the week of Thanksgiving (11/22-11/26) so I know it'll start getting busier closer to Thanksgiving and the express pass seems like it may be worth the price.

Hello all,
I've spent some time trying to figure out if I will definitely get 2 unlimited access passes if I book the Hard Rock Hotel through Priceline. The room says its for 2 people, but there is nowhere to add another registered guest.I'm hoping someone here might have some insight for me. Thank you

Hello all,
I've spent some time trying to figure out if I will definitely get 2 unlimited access passes if I book the Hard Rock Hotel through Priceline. The room says its for 2 people, but there is nowhere to add another registered guest.I'm hoping someone here might have some insight for me. Thank you

Yes, you will definitely get unlimited express passes for everyone that you check into your room. Booking through Priceline will probably get you a King room. With a King room you are allowed to have a maximum of 3 people in the room. Those names can all be given at check-in. It doesn't matter who is on your reservation through Priceline as long as the person who purchased is there.

Priceline prices tend to be about the same or a bit higher than annual pass prices. You can purchase an annual power pass for $219 and get discounts and admission for the entire year other than the peak holiday block out times.

You can check for annual pass discounts by entering the code APH in the code box when you use this website: http://www.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

Ok, I am confusing myself! We are going during Thanksgiving week. It is not a black out period. So I can buy a Power Pass for 1 of us and get an AP discount on the hotel room? And the Power Pass is about the same price as a 3 day park to park ticket? And we will all get Express Pass no matter what ticket we buy? Am I missing something? Maybe I should just buy it for all of us and come back! I feel like I am missing something. Please advise!

Ok, I am confusing myself! We are going during Thanksgiving week. It is not a black out period. So I can buy a Power Pass for 1 of us and get an AP discount on the hotel room? And the Power Pass is about the same price as a 3 day park to park ticket? And we will all get Express Pass no matter what ticket we buy? Am I missing something? Maybe I should just buy it for all of us and come back! I feel like I am missing something. Please advise!

A power pass for non-Florida residents is $214.99

https://www.universalorlando.com/Theme-Park-Tickets/Annual-Passes/Non-FL-Annual-Passes.aspx

Hotel express passes are not related to your tickets at all. They are a perk you get for staying onsite at the three deluxe hotels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter