Express Pass Questions

ginny65

DIS Veteran
This has probably been answered many times, but I'll ask anyway.

When you stay at HR and receive the Express Pass with your ticket, does that entitle you to one express pass per attraction? or can you get back in the express pass line for the same attraction later in the day?

onsite guest at the 3 deluxe hotels have unlimited usage of the express lines in the parks.

btw, the express pass is not connected to your "ticket".

once you register at the deluxe hotel, you use your hotel room key to create an express pass at the hotel kiosk.

that is what you show to use the express lines for rides and shows.

We rode the Mummy ride about 10 times in a row one day during our first trip to Universal last year - Express Pass is the best thing ever!

We like to reride MIB over and over to beat our previous score....after awhile I sit out and let hubby and the boys keep playing lol

I have a couple of questions. We bought lanyards and the vinyl/plastic sleeves at Walmart but they are not very large. I'm not sure our tickets will fit in these sleeves:

1) When staying at HR, do they link your theme park tickets to your room key? so that it would be one credit card sized key?

2) When we then go get our express pass at the kiosk, is it also the size of a credit card?

This sleeve looks like it will only hold 2-3 credit card sized cards.

Thank you.

I have a couple of questions. We bought lanyards and the vinyl/plastic sleeves at Walmart but they are not very large. I'm not sure our tickets will fit in these sleeves:

1) When staying at HR, do they link your theme park tickets to your room key? so that it would be one credit card sized key?

2) When we then go get our express pass at the kiosk, is it also the size of a credit card?

This sleeve looks like it will only hold 2-3 credit card sized cards.

Thank you.

Your room key is not linked to your ticket, so you need to bring your key, ticket, and express pass. A regular lanyard WILL hold these - we had the small zip loc lanyard and they worked fine. We used our room key for charging things, so I didn't have to shove my credit card in there too. We put the key in the middle and the ticket and express passed on the outside, facing out, so they could be scanned from inside the lanyard.

We got the lanyards that we used for our last trip at Walmart also. And there was no problem fitting in the room key, park ticket and express pass.

And by the way- in case you didn't know- the express pass you get from staying onsite is good both your check in day and your check out day.

I got the lanyards from walmart too..I fit room key, Club lounge key,ticket ,express pass and ID in mine no problems

I personally like my clear Witz lanyard pouch; it's waterproof and proper plastic, not bendy plastic, and it actually holds more than just a few cards. I got mine at REI. That way I can carry all the cards I need (room key, paper express pass, paper AP, ID, credit card, insurance card, and a few bucks tucked in between all that).

I got the lanyards from walmart too..I fit room key, Club lounge key,ticket ,express pass and ID in mine no problems

I actually got the lanyards at Party City per an earlier post and they are silky and really comfortable (Disney theme). I purchased the badges at Walmart. I was able to fit three credit cards (so our room key, theme park ticket and Express Pass should fit the same) and a couple $20's in it for a snug fit. Perfect! I think these will be very comfortable to just slip inside our shirt right before we ride roller coasters. :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for the tips.

The Universal Express Pass doesn't have any benefits for dining. For the rides and attractions, it gets you into a shorter and separate wait line once per use (unless you purchase the unlimited). For the shows, if you arrive about 15-20 minutes before showtime, you get priority seating.

Thank you! I thought that was probably the case but wanted to make sure after hearing comments in the past.

I think that staying at an onsite resort gets you priority seating though.

I "think".

I think that staying at an onsite resort gets you priority seating though.

I "think".

Yes, staying at an onsite deluxe hotel does get you priority seating. If you purchase the unlimited express pass or normal express pass, it does not give you priority seating.

We got the lanyards that we used for our last trip at Walmart also. And there was no problem fitting in the room key, park ticket and express pass. And by the way- in case you didn't know- the express pass you get from staying onsite is good both your check in day and your check out day.
So if we are staying 1 night at Hard Rock and we have 2 day tickets, we will get Express pass for both days, correct??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter