Express Pass Questions

Last time we stayed at Universal we were given lanyards at the hotel. Can I take it that this is no longer the case?

I've never been given a lanyard.

Did you book a package that perhaps included a lanyard?

Which of the WWHP rides have FastPass? Do they all?

There are four attractions in Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Islands of Adventure. Of those, two participate in Express Pass. The two that participate are Dragon Challenge and the Hippogriff coaster.

The two attractions that do NOT participate are Ollivander's wand shop show and the Forbidden Journey ride.

i've stayed onsite since the hotels went up and never received a lanyard.
but have bought the hhn lanyard each year they were available..

probably if a person received a lanyard at check in, a package of some type was booked by the guests.

We have purchased an express pass for our up coming trip, it has been emailed out to us. It comes out as a large print out telling us about how to use the pass. In the bottom left corner is a small box with all the details inside. Do we need all the sheet of paper or just the smaller box section. Also does anyone know if these can be laminated to keep them dry? Thanks :)

I'm considering buying the Express Pass but looking for some advice. I have 1 day tickets for both parks, we can go any day over our 3 week stay starting this Saturday. Having looked at the Universal site the 1 day both parks express passes are just under $70 each for early June. However, if I am reading it correctly that would only allow 1 fast pass per ride which seems very expensive. I was really looking for the Unlimited Express Pass but it only seems available to guests at the main hotels. Is that correct ? Can you not buy an unlimited Express Pass to supplement a 1 day ticket ? Our family only really go on 3 or 4 of the Universal rides so 1 pass for every ride is not much use, obviously we tend to try and ride a handful of attractions multiple times.

Finally, is there anything to gain by buying on line before I leave as it seems to tie you down to 1 day. Perhaps it is more expensive to buy the Express Pass on the day.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

You can bundle unlimited Express with your theme park tickets. The one day park to park ticket is $189.99/adult and $184.99/child on non-peak days. Here's the link:

https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?VIP

If you already have theme park tickets, you would need to purchase unlimited access at the gates. I have no idea how much it would be but if you purchase everything ahead of time, you aren't waiting in line for tickets and then for admission into the park. That will save a lot of time.

Does anyone know if you can use the express pass and child swap together? For example my husband and I have express passes and want to ride a ride that the little one can't go on, can we get in the express line and swap out? TIA! :)

Does anyone know if you can use the express pass and child swap together? For example my husband and I have express passes and want to ride a ride that the little one can't go on, can we get in the express line and swap out? TIA! :)

I can't think of a ride where that wouldn't be an option... :thumbsup2

You can bundle unlimited Express with your theme park tickets. The one day park to park ticket is $189.99/adult and $184.99/child on non-peak days. Here's the link:

https://tickets.universalorlando.com/Ticket-Store/PurchaseTickets.aspx?VIP

If you already have theme park tickets, you would need to purchase unlimited access at the gates. I have no idea how much it would be but if you purchase everything ahead of time, you aren't waiting in line for tickets and then for admission into the park. That will save a lot of time.

Thanks for the info on the stand alone option to purchase the unlimited with park admissions. However if I remember correctly the unlimited express pass you get from an onsite stay required you to have your picture taken at the kiosk. For these tickets do they do that at the admission gates? Like you had mentioned time is money, but I would hate to have multiple stops before park entry. Thanks for any help or insight you may have on this subject.

Thanks for the info on the stand alone option to purchase the unlimited with park admissions. However if I remember correctly the unlimited express pass you get from an onsite stay required you to have your picture taken at the kiosk. For these tickets do they do that at the admission gates? Like you had mentioned time is money, but I would hate to have multiple stops before park entry. Thanks for any help or insight you may have on this subject.
The EPs you purchase do not have pictures on them...they look like regular park tickets. Once you enter the park, you can stow your park ticket but keep the EP handy so it can be scanned at each attraction.

The EPs you receive as a resort guest do have your picture on it but not when you purchase them separately.

What attractions are NOT included with the Express pass? Shows? Rides? What are the guesses for Diagon Alley?

wand show, fj not included.
think there is one more ....

i think hp2 will open this summer

We will be at Universal July 3-5. Is there any point to having an EP if the parks are going to be insanely busy due to Diagon Alley opening? I believe I read that there will not be EP available to use in that area anyway? I almost don't see the point of having the extra hour before opening or the EP if it's really going to be that crazy? We've never been to Universal before so I have no frame of reference. TIA!

We will be at Universal July 3-5. Is there any point to having an EP if the parks are going to be insanely busy due to Diagon Alley opening? I believe I read that there will not be EP available to use in that area anyway? I almost don't see the point of having the extra hour before opening or the EP if it's really going to be that crazy? We've never been to Universal before so I have no frame of reference. TIA!

are you staying on site at one of the deluxe hotels?

if so, the express pass lines will help you cut your wait time down.
you will be able to hit more of the rides when you have less waits no matter if that wait is 20 minutes or 45 minutes.

the extra hour perk will be beneficial.

it will be crowded no matter if you are staying on site or off.

We are trying to decide to stay on or off. Mostly I'm wondering if the EP is really worth it. It almost doesn't seem worth it if the HP rides are not included and if the crowds are so crazy any way - early hour or not. $719 is a lot of money. My guess is that most people will still say that it is worth it.

We are trying to decide to stay on or off. Mostly I'm wondering if the EP is really worth it. It almost doesn't seem worth it if the HP rides are not included and if the crowds are so crazy any way - early hour or not. $719 is a lot of money. My guess is that most people will still say that it is worth it.

is the $719 for 2 night stay onsite?

about $359 each night?

well, figure out both ways of expenses.
onsite room with free EE and EP for one cost vs staying off site and not buying EP.

i know it is a lot of money but sometimes you do a short vacation and live with the extra expense due to the benefits if this is a one time deal.

in July, it will be really hot.
staying onsite will allow you to take a break in the mid afternoon when it is super crowded and very hot.
you could go back to your hotel room and cool off in a/c or take a dip in the hotel pool.
return to the park around 5ish and hit the rides again.
if you get in a line for a ride before closing, and the park then closes, you can stay in that line until you have done that ride.

stay until closing and take the water taxi back to the onsite hotel.

one nice thing about staying on site will be not having to fight the traffic getting out of the parking garage and then the highway to your hotel.

based on what i read from last year's 4th of july in the park, the 3rd and 5th had better crowds than on the 4th.

you could stay one night at one of the 3 deluxe hotels and check out after the first night to stay at Cbay, which is cheaper.
you would still get 2 days of unlimited ride/show usage lines.

you do get early entry at all 4 hotels onsite.

i don't like to tell people how to spend their money.
but i can tell you that the hotel perks are amazing for me.

there is no way i would wait in a line for an hour for a ride.
the amount of time i am in an express line is worth it for me.

Thanks, Macraven! The $719 was for the EP. I think I'll just go ahead and book the Portofino at this point. Special thanks for the tips on July 3rd/5th. I think we may fight the crowds for the 4th so that we can see the fireworks. Still debating Universal or Disney for fireworks though.... We have a 4 day park hopper for Disney and we are staying until July 12th. I heard though that Disney has their special 4th fireworks July 3rd-7th so I'm sure we can catch it at some point. Just hate not to see fireworks on the actual 4th. :) Also, hate to not use my Universal "perks" while we are there. Thinking about making dinner reservations at Universal for the special seating. Thanks again for your help!!

Thanks, Macraven! The $719 was for the EP. I think I'll just go ahead and book the Portofino at this point. Special thanks for the tips on July 3rd/5th. I think we may fight the crowds for the 4th so that we can see the fireworks. Still debating Universal or Disney for fireworks though.... We have a 4 day park hopper for Disney and we are staying until July 12th. I heard though that Disney has their special 4th fireworks July 3rd-7th so I'm sure we can catch it at some point. Just hate not to see fireworks on the actual 4th. :) Also, hate to not use my Universal "perks" while we are there. Thinking about making dinner reservations at Universal for the special seating. Thanks again for your help!!

i'm always glad to help based on what i have experienced or aware of.

i think the special 4th fireworks at dhs is super!
i can remember back in the olden days when mgm aka dhs had nightly fireworks.
wish they were all the time.

i know the motherland is really swamped on the 4th.
one of the stages is closed during that date.
i think the resort guests are in the 3rd level of closing when parks hit capacity.
someone will correct me on that as it has been awhile since i hit that place on that holiday.

yea the motherland will do a the special fireworks on more than the 4th.

when you figure out how you can come out ahead on the money, on site vs off site and express, you probably will find on site trumps it.

the traffic just getting out of the parking garage is a headache on the 4th.
but, same thing if you are at the motherland and driving.

maybe on the 4th you could do the parks at the darkside and drive over to the s/d and watch the dhs fw from there.
best of both worlds.

i think the drive to MK for late evening to see fw would be full of traffic...
the parking lot at MK is huge.....

you still have over a month to figure out your plans for that holiday period.

ask again if you have any questions.

What does express pass take your waits down to? For example if minion is stand by at 60 minutes how long would he EP wait be ( just ballpark). It seems like most have it so does it really save? We aren't going at a busy time ( Oct) but we are doing both parks in one day. HP is our priority but thought the would give us some time to do our favorites and the few new since last visit.

What does express pass take your waits down to? For example if minion is stand by at 60 minutes how long would he EP wait be ( just ballpark). It seems like most have it so does it really save? We aren't going at a busy time ( Oct) but we are doing both parks in one day. HP is our priority but thought the would give us some time to do our favorites and the few new since last visit.
EP wait times are generally under 20 minutes but some attractions like Despicable Me have longer Express waits...around 30 minutes on average. Remember...most likely most of the HP attractions will not have Express access. Hogwarts Express, Forbidden Journey (does not currently accept Express) and Escape from Gringotts will probably not honor Express so it will be of no use for you there. I would suggest waiting until you arrive to see what the wait times are like and then decide if you wanted to spend the money. October isn't usually very busy but Diagon Alley will increase crowds. How much? No one knows yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter