Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas Cruise May 29, 2017

We are doing Universal for 5 days, then the cruise, then a week offsite somewhere to do Disney, LEGOLAND, Discovery Cove, and whatever else my kids decide they want to add to the list. I need to keep them off of youtube (or maybe it is me that needs to stay off message boards)! This will be my kids first trip out of Hawaii, and my husband's and my first trip to Disney. Very excited! The most frustrating part is waiting for the window to book airfare and hotels have opened.

I'm sure I'll have millions of questions as time goes by. I've been a lurker on disboards for a long time now, and I am very happy to finally have a reason to post something!

I have heard that Aulani is fantastic. Very expensive, but a lot of fun. That is on my list of things to do someday. If I lived on Oahu, I would go visit often, I believe a lot of local people have meals there so that they can soak in the ambiance without having to pay for a room. I think every couple of years Disney does a cruise to Hawaii - you could hop on that and make it a big adventure!

Wow! What fun!

Greetings to the new arrivals. In less then one year we will be making the trek from Lafayette, LA to Port Canaveral and will be doing an overnight stay. We are planning to use the hotel Park/Stay/Cruise option but that idea is not fully set in stone. As time goes by and we all chat here and get to know each other a bit, maybe the idea of a pre-cruise meet and greet can be set up for those of us who arrive a day or 2 early. Thoughts from any and all about that idea are welcome.

My hubby is originally from Basile and I am from Prairieville, Louisiana. We now live in North Mississippi.

I forgot to say that we will be traveling with another family that has a daughter my girls age, so I am so happy to see other boys his age. He was Leary about the teen room. I told him there were video games though! Ha ha ha

Happy 260-days-left-until-cruise day everyone! I was wondering what everyone else had planned for their trip - is anyone doing a combination of land and sea? I would love to hear what you have planned so far.

Also, any Nassau excursion recommendations for kids aged 7-9?

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

This is our 21st Disney Cruise, we would not cruise any other way! We would love to be included in the FE groups. It will be my son Matthew (21), Grand daughter Bella (12), Granddaughter Violet (3), and myself Evelyn (58) Our stateroom number is 7668 I did post but it got lost somewhere in the cyber world.
Thank you so much.

Happy 260-days-left-until-cruise day everyone! I was wondering what everyone else had planned for their trip - is anyone doing a combination of land and sea? I would love to hear what you have planned so far.

Also, any Nassau excursion recommendations for kids aged 7-9?

Hope everyone has a fabulous week!

We always fly in a few days before and spend a few days onsite, this time at the Polynesian Villas.

Hello, everyone! We just booked our very first cruise ever YESTERDAY and we are so thrilled to be doing a Disney cruise!

My husband is from Orlando, and his dad and grandpa currently work at WDW, so we go at last once a year with them. We will likely drive into Orlando the Friday before we cruise and spend a couple of days at the parks with them.

We have 2 boys; Casey turns 8 in November and Cade turns 5 in February - we did 9 days at WDW for Casey's 5th, so this cruise is Cade's 5th birthday extravaganza. We are so pumped, and I've started Pinning lots of tips and tricks in the last 24 hours! I am psyched about the FEs and am already trying to plan out what to bring so I can spread it out between now and then and not be buying a bunch right before a cruise, haha!

We can't wait to meet up with some of y'all!

Hello, everyone! We just booked our very first cruise ever YESTERDAY and we are so thrilled to be doing a Disney cruise!

My husband is from Orlando, and his dad and grandpa currently work at WDW, so we go at last once a year with them. We will likely drive into Orlando the Friday before we cruise and spend a couple of days at the parks with them.

We have 2 boys; Casey turns 8 in November and Cade turns 5 in February - we did 9 days at WDW for Casey's 5th, so this cruise is Cade's 5th birthday extravaganza. We are so pumped, and I've started Pinning lots of tips and tricks in the last 24 hours! I am psyched about the FEs and am already trying to plan out what to bring so I can spread it out between now and then and not be buying a bunch right before a cruise, haha!

We can't wait to meet up with some of y'all!
Welcome!! The countdown has begun as we are so excited to see so many families jumping on board! I, for one, can't wait to meet everyone!!

So excited to have decided today to book our next cruise! Then, I knew that I just had to come here next...
I can hardly wait to get to know everyone a bit more as we all anticipate the big day!

Yo Rizzo! (always wanted to say that lol) Do something about making the days go by a bit quicker please... I want to get on that big boat!!!

I know! I have tried just about everything to update the ticker, but it just won't have it! This ticker is from two years ago.
Any ideas, anyone?

I looked on DIStickers and didn't see your background still available so I don't know how to edit your current ticker unfortunately. However, you can make a new one on DIStickers or google some other disney ticker sites if you don't find one you like there. Then when it gives you the HTML code for the ticker, go to http://www.disboards.com/account/signature, erase your old picture, and click insert image then put the url code for your image. So it should look something like this http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/3eqjmt82jwrc4rus.png which is your current ticker url.

Sorry if you were just asking how to change the time period on you current one.

Have been lurking the thread for a while but decided to hop on board (pun intended). This will be our family's first cruise and we're looking forward to enjoying a different side of the Mouse. We're a family of 3... my wife (Nicole), myself (Steve) and our son (Ben) who will be 14 at the time of sailing. He's the instigator of this little adventure of ours but was a little hesitant on if he'd have anyone to hang out with. We had that concern as well but after reading the thread here is sounds like this is common and that there are others mentioned above who will be at/near his age. Like us adults can connect pre-cruise here, is there a similar way for some of the kids to connect?

We'll be staying at the Radisson @ Port Canaveral the night before (thanks for the recommendations from earlier posts in the thread).

Last edited:
Welcome Steve and Nicole and soon to be 14 Ben! You've made my sons day. James will be 14 on New Years Eve and would be thrilled to bits to have someone his age on board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter