Disney Dream 4 Night Bahamas Cruise May 29, 2017

So last weekend my hubby and I took the girls (17, 13, & 12) to my mom's house in Pearland(just outside of Houston). We decided to take the long way home (added 2 hours) so that we could go to the ferry in Galveston. When we arrived there, we saw a Carneval Cruise Ship in port and decided to drive bysince our girls had never been that close to a cruise ship before. They were in awe over the massive size of it and renewed their excitement for our upcoming cruise. Little did we know that just a few days later, Disney Wonder would be docked in that same port!
May needs to hurry and get here!!!!

So last weekend my hubby and I took the girls (17, 13, & 12) to my mom's house in Pearland(just outside of Houston). We decided to take the long way home (added 2 hours) so that we could go to the ferry in Galveston. When we arrived there, we saw a Carneval Cruise Ship in port and decided to drive bysince our girls had never been that close to a cruise ship before. They were in awe over the massive size of it and renewed their excitement for our upcoming cruise. Little did we know that just a few days later, Disney Wonder would be docked in that same port!
May needs to hurry and get here!!!!
Couldn't agree more. A Disney cruise line special was on TV the other day and it got me so excited. So far I have been reading a lot of Dream trip reports and looking up fish extender ideas to pass the time. :)

Have been lurking the thread for a while but decided to hop on board (pun intended). This will be our family's first cruise and we're looking forward to enjoying a different side of the Mouse. We're a family of 3... my wife (Nicole), myself (Steve) and our son (Ben) who will be 14 at the time of sailing. He's the instigator of this little adventure of ours but was a little hesitant on if he'd have anyone to hang out with. We had that concern as well but after reading the thread here is sounds like this is common and that there are others mentioned above who will be at/near his age. Like us adults can connect pre-cruise here, is there a similar way for some of the kids to connect?

The fish extenders look fun so the wife says to sign us up! We'll also be staying at the Radisson @ Port Canaveral the night before (thanks for the recommendations from earlier posts in the thread).

Yay! Your son is close to my son's age. He will be 15

Mine turns 14 on New Years Eve so there will be lots of kids the same age to hang out with! My other son is 12. Each day gets us closer to sailing and each day seems to d.r.a.g. when I think about how long it will be until we are sailing.. LOL

Mine turns 14 on New Years Eve so there will be lots of kids the same age to hang out with! My other son is 12. Each day gets us closer to sailing and each day seems to d.r.a.g. when I think about how long it will be until we are sailing.. LOL
Yay! My son will be excited.

I need to appologize. I am so sorry that I have been so quiet lately on here. I have been working crazy long hours with little time off. I look forward to a time when I am not so busy and I can spend some time planning and organizing our fe group.
180 and counting until we set sail!!!! I know the next 6 months are going to fly by quickly!
I pray you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and will have a blessed Christmas!

We totally understand. Someone posted this link on another board. It shows the port link for Nassau. It is pretty cool. Right now we are the only ship scheduled for the Bahamas at that time. I was checking to see how packed Aquaventure would be!

This is where I found the information: http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/455-Nassau. It looks like you can filter it by different locations

This is our first Disney cruise and the kids are super excited!! How far in advance are fish extender lists usually posted? And about how many people are on the list? Just wondering so I know how many items to make!!

It has been such a crazy time with the holidays - but today I get to pull out my fabric and start making my fish extenders! Yay!!

So glad to be joining this group!! This will be our very first cruise!! It will be me, Susan, husband David, and grandson David, Jr. Grandson is 9. We live in Alabama. Will be flying in day before to MCO and staying the night at the Hyatt Airport. I believe we, the grandparents, are more excited than grandson!! We have so much to learn!!

Is there a count on the number of people in this FE group? I saw another FE being ran on a social media site which cannot be mentioned here and don't want to get in over my head. :)

I dont think a limit has been set yet. PantryMom has been tied up with her jobs and hasnt been able to post here yet. Please stay tuned as she will be posting again here in the very near future.

2017-01-03 17.08.50.jpg
Got my Fish extenders in today! (Couldn't choose just one) Our favorite characters and favorite rides. I got them from a lady on etsy and absolutely love them.

For those of you who have been on this cruise before (or just know the answer), do you know if the port arrival and departure times are all in the Eastern time zone or another time zone? We are contemplating booking a tour on our own in the Bahamas (not through the cruise) and I heard that there can be a discrepancy in the "ship" time and local time that can mess up plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter