Disney Confessions

No Flames, right?
I'm super skinny mom of 2 who LOVES my body and Im disgusted by all the overweight people at Disney. I'm actually grossed out-especially big ones who use scooters because walking is too much effort and call themselves-Handicapped. I've written a letter to Disney and complained about how these so-called Hanicappers are just LAZY and dont need special treatment or "free dining", just a good diet and a trainer. I go to the gym EVERYDAY! If theres time for disney and HOURS planning on here, theres time to exercise! :mad: No more 1st in line for buses and fast lanes for rides with their WHOLE FAMILY!

I said it! Hate me.

You didn't have to be so hateful in your comment. It was not welcome at ALL. I have several people very close and very special to me who are over weight and enjoy Disney, so now they should not go because of their weight? Just because they aren't skinny like you? I have a family member who struggles everyday with her weight and she usually ends up in tears because she's feels like she's a failure. Who are you to pass judgement on others? :sad2:

As for my confession, I enjoy Dole Whips a lot, I know others have said that they taste like plastic and carboard, I don't think they do. I also have a habit of avoiding Belle a little now. Last time I met her she was a little "beastly". :laughing:

You didn't have to be so hateful in your comment. It was not welcome at ALL. I have several people very close and very special to me who are over weight and enjoy Disney, so now they should not go because of their weight? Just because they aren't skinny like you? I have a family member who struggles everyday with her weight and she usually ends up in tears because she's feels like she's a failure. Who are you to pass judgement on others? :sad2:

No flames please. You don't have to like what was posted but it's a no flames confession thread. :goodvibes
Pixie dust to you for a magical day.

I have to say that it takes a lot of will power to not "flame" a hurtful post like the one being referred too, but, I have refrained and will continue to do so.

That said...can we keep this going on a Disney related manner as opposed to personal likes and dislikes concerning other people. Disney is a destination not an individual person. I have been enjoying this thread except for a couple of posts, it is fun and does tell you a lot about individuals and individual likes and dislikes.

I confess I can't stand Super Skinny people who Love their bodies!! Just because you love your body doesnt mean everyone else does. Im actually grossed out by them, you know the type that go to the gym EVERYDAY. They really have no compassion for others. I should write Disney about these self absorbed people and how they have no place in Disney they only suck the Magic and fun out of everything for others around them, they dont have any need to be there. I mean god forbid one of us "fat people with apparently no feelings" runs one of those super skinny people over with our scooters. Then what? It's just a law suit waiting to happen so I guess they had better stay home :(

No flames please. You don't have to like what was posted but it's a no flames confession thread. :goodvibes
Pixie dust to you for a magical day.

I apologize, I will keep that in mind. Thank you very much for the pixie dust. :tink:

I have to say that it takes a lot of will power to not "flame" a hurtful post like the one being referred too, but, I have refrained and will continue to do so.

That said...can we keep this going on a Disney related manner as opposed to personal likes and dislikes concerning other people. Disney is a destination not an individual person. I have been enjoying this thread except for a couple of posts, it is fun and does tell you a lot about individuals and individual likes and dislikes.

This is probably what I should have said. I admire your will power!

I am the one who wants this upcoming vacation. ME ME ME. My DH and kids are excited, but my kids would rather go back to Great Wolf Lodge. :eek: My DD said that she liked Cuba better than WDW because it was "more real". I don't want REAL, I want DISNEY.

In our upcoming trip, we are traveling with family. I am planning of leaving the kids in the pool with the rest of the family and touring WS BY MYSELF. FOR HOURS. I am also booking my DH a morning of golf, so that he will reciprocate with at least a morning of Disney for me. Alone. I cannot tell you all how excited I am.

I am new to the Boards, and have to agree that there are some judgmental, mean people out there. The mean responses that I got to a vent thread I posted on the Community Board made me want to just quit this place, in spite of the fact that there were also some lovely, nice comments. I have to remember that I put myself out there for posting something personal, and non-Disney related, and I had seen the judgment in other threads, but I must confess that some of the comments made about my children and my parenting hurt my feelings and made me have a lousy feeling for the rest of the day. STUPID, I KNOW. It's a public board and a public place, and I don't know these people, so why should I care? :confused3:confused3

Another confession: my DH has no idea how much this vacation is going to cost.

Ok...here's mine!

-Journey into Narnia at DHS sucks!!! I hated it! In fact I didn't even like the new Star Tours. It has it's funny moments, but the 3D seems fuzzy to me and hurts my eyes. I don't see what all the hype was about.
-We really don't like Disney Quest. What a complete waste of time and money:sad2:
-Why oh why is there NO SHADE in Fantasy Land at MK?????? Every time I go through that area I can actually hear my skin sizzling! LOL
-My favorite ride at MK is the People Mover LOL! I don't know why I just LOVE it!
-I have been going to WDW and MK since I was 8 (I'm 32 now) and the first time I ever rode Space Mountain was July 9th of this year!!!!!! :laughing: I don't know why considering I love roller coasters.

I liked the old star tours much better.

Ok...here's mine!

-Journey into Narnia at DHS sucks!!! I hated it! In fact I didn't even like the new Star Tours. It has it's funny moments, but the 3D seems fuzzy to me and hurts my eyes. I don't see what all the hype was about.
-We really don't like Disney Quest. What a complete waste of time and money:sad2:
-Why oh why is there NO SHADE in Fantasy Land at MK?????? Every time I go through that area I can actually hear my skin sizzling! LOL
-My favorite ride at MK is the People Mover LOL! I don't know why I just LOVE it!
-I have been going to WDW and MK since I was 8 (I'm 32 now) and the first time I ever rode Space Mountain was July 9th of this year!!!!!! :laughing: I don't know why considering I love roller coasters.

Ok...here's mine!

I must agree, Narnia is such a waste of time and space. I will never get that time I lost back.... It opened up the same week during my last visit. I love Narnia and thought it was gonna be so awesome! The 45 minute wait to see it was not awesome, nor was the little show and costume collection. What a bummer!!

I am looking forward to the new Star Tours, hoping I won't be disappointed like you were.

I love the Purple People Mover too!!

The animatronics on half of the rides freak me out. And it seems on those select rides I have to be on when it breaks down.
Spaceship Earth freaks me out the worst. I'm going to be brave and go on tomorrow though. Hopefully no break downs :(

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
You are so right.....I always think about the SNL episodes where they are on a ride and it breaks down and the animatronics are real people (who do a very good job at looking like animatronics) and go after the riders....:rotfl2:

My confessions really aren't that spectacular...lol.

1) I've always hated Pocohontas--the movie, the character, everything. Growing up near the Jamestown area I thought the movie was terribly inaccurate and refuse to let my kids even watch it.

2) I hate getting into a Trip Report to realize the person isn't finished writing it and then I have to wait. Bah. (I'm impatient...)

3) I just want to plan this upcoming trip but DH said we had to have our accomodations confirmed first before I can do anything else. Now, we have to choose bt Swalphin or some other RCI thing. Ugh..I love the variety Disney offers, but I need like two choices. It's so much!:eek:

4) I don't really like Mickey or Minnie. They're ok, but I much prefer all the Toy Story characters. Since we've decided to go, I've been pushing Toy Story and Tangled on my kids.

Here's one that's a real no-no... I've told my 9 year old niece that when we go to Disney in November she's 9 when we go out to eat and not 10. LOL She asked why and I told her I'm not spending an extra $10+ for a meal when she wont even eat as much as an average kid (she's a really REALLY picky eater on the autism spectrum with sensitivity issues, etc.) She understood and I know she wont give me away. LOL

Journey into Narnia at DHS sucks!!!

I forgot that one. We finished and I thought. "that was it?"

One more suck at DHS:
Sounds Dangerous with Drew Carey - put guests in a dark theater and make them listen to sound effects. Nap time!

I forgot to also add that I think the Nemo ride could have been much better then what it is.. It is kinda lameand boring!

I forgot to also add that I think the Nemo ride could have been much better then what it is.. It is kinda lameand boring!

If you're talking about the Ride at Seas, you don't have time to get bored. It only lasts about 30 seconds. Any one that can get bored in 30 seconds must be extremely difficult to entertain. :rotfl:

If you're talking about the Ride at Seas, you don't have time to get bored. It only lasts about 30 seconds. Any one that can get bored in 30 seconds must be extremely difficult to entertain. :rotfl:

Yes I KNOW!!! I could think of a much better ride and one that would last longer.. With the technology they have today these newer rides should be much more exciting then the older ones!!!!

My husband and I decided we couldn't have anymore kids because we have 2 now and three would screw up rides and such at Disney.

I also dislike parades...except the nighttime ones!

AK is WAY too hot!! But I crave jalapeno pretzels 365 days a year and go just for that.

I crave an adult only trip for hubby and I but the guilt is far too heavy so far to actually plan one.

My daughter has developed a fear of EE after only one time (2 yrs ago w/ daddy)....loves all the other coasters. I have told her she's riding it with me in October whether she cries or not because I've never been on it! (Secretly, I know she'll love it again afterwards because she loves ALL the rides......)

ooo I'm also in for going on a big disney trip without my kids lol!:thumbsup2
:

My husband and I went on a trip by ourselves. We had a great time!! I highly recommended it. A quick story about when we were there. We were waiting in the bus line to head back to Caribbean Beach. We had a family behind us with little kids. We started up a conversation with them. They asked us if we had any kids. We said yes but we were here on a trip by ourselves. They gave us the weirdest look like we were awful parents for coming to Disney by ourselves. We still laugh about that today.

My Disney confessions:
-Never had a Dole Whip.
-Not impressed with LeCellier.

I don't want to be a Little Debbie Downer here, but take if from a person that has lived it. You'll have plenty of time to travel without your children soon enough. Going either as a couple or solo is indeed fun, but your kids are only kids once and missing those experiences are costly.

I travel solo (now) a lot. It can be a good time, but it always seems like something big is missing. What is missing is someone to share it with. I go now and sit on the bench for awhile and remember the fun and excitement that we had as a group. Even though you think you might not miss that...you will. It is so different. Good, but different.

Downer over...back to confessions.

I don't want to be a Little Debbie Downer here, but take if from a person that has lived it. You'll have plenty of time to travel without your children soon enough. Going either as a couple or solo is indeed fun, but your kids are only kids once and missing those experiences are costly.

I travel solo (now) a lot. It can be a good time, but it always seems like something big is missing. What is missing is someone to share it with. I go now and sit on the bench for awhile and remember the fun and excitement that we had as a group. Even though you think you might not miss that...you will. It is so different. Good, but different.

Downer over...back to confessions.

I appreciate the advice and I totally get where you are coming from. I have been around too many parents who cannot wait for their kids to grow up. I actual feel sorry for them as I know they will realize too late what they have missed. I cherish every moment I get with my kids. If I could freeze time and not let them grow up, I would. But taking a vacation without the kids is not wrong either. I know I needed it and my kids had a great time as they were with grandparents the whole week and got so spoiled by them. I know what you saying but I think you have to look at the whole picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter